100,000 cases Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100,000 cases Wednesday

Lost amongst the ballot tossing is the fact that we are in the middle of a pandemic spike. A quarter million dead so far and a hundred thousand new cases a day. (Wednesday that is, averaged by the week 89K) but trending sharply up. The town I work in has moved to an automatic restriction on businesses and entertainment, the next step which looks likely to happen is close all non essential businesses.

Labrador your county seems to be having an increase, just an FYI.

I didn't vote for Biden but I hope he can get a hold of this virus. I'm in the "cure the virus cure the economy" camp. Until we stop wasting resources on the virus attempts to restore the economy are only putting bandaids on the problem.

We had another 59 cases reported yesterday. That brings us to 359 cases since March. Still one death. The China Bat Flu isn't a problem for 99% of the US population. Live your life.

Comment

People have a 99.9% chance of not dying from the Covid. I believe that is less than the seasonal flu. Senior Citizens over 70 and older have a 99.5% chance of not dying.

Comment

​​​​ The head of the Health Dept in Ontario, Canada, pronounced yesterday that we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19, lockdowns are counter productive.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

​​​​ The head of the Health Dept in Ontario, Canada, pronounced yesterday that we are going to have to learn to live with Covid-19, lockdowns are counter productive.

I think the faster we get the Covid, the faster it will wind down.

On another note: Europe is killing tens of thousands of Mink because they have found a Covid MUTANT virus in them.

Also, Netherlands is killing 100's of thousands of Chickens because Bird Flu has been detected in them H8N5 virus.

Comment

Deaths lag cases by 3-4 weeks. Approximately 1/200 infections results in a death. Every 30-40 seconds in America today, someone gets a Covid infection that will kill them. The politicisation of Covid is the reason Trump has lost what would have been an easy re election. Just as sad are the people who make up stories to tell themselves it's not serious. Repeating bogus numbers while hospitals fill across the upper midwest and now the rest of the country..

One request. If you do get covid, don't go to the hospital. Don't endanger the health care workers with what you got due to your own willful ignorance, die alone at home without further endangering even more people.

Comment

Rock -
              Well said.

Comment

122,000 cases yesterday. Weekly average headed up to 90K. I suspect the Thanksgiving holidays will be a total mess. Things don't usually turn around until people get the bejesus scared out of them, and for the next while admitting that the virus is serious will be a sign of political disloyalty. Trump still runs the govt for the next 2 months.

Comment

The Chinese virus is real. That being said 99.9% of the people under 85 in halfway decent shape will not have a serious problem with it. Venango County is rolling up on 400 cases with the same 1 death. The CDC officially said it was safe to vote in person even if you had the virus.

Comment

Labrador, I'd suggest stop reading those BS web sites. The election is over. 1/12 deaths of people 45 to 55 in the US right now from all causes, is covid. Death occurs about 3 to 4 weeks after infection is detected (on average, some faster, some slower) and 1/200 detected infections lead to death.
                    https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex

You should probably expect another death, which isn't that big a deal, but if you start getting 100 new infections a day, well that's a death every other day, after 3 or 4 weeks that is. First is the infection, then getting sick, then real sick, and going to the hospital, then oxygen, then the ventilator, then death. Mostly people get well, but not all of them.

Comment

Two weeks ago yesterday my mother gets a call from someone at the local hospital, the mother of a four month old baby she’s been doing daycare for tested positive. The baby’s mom happens to be a nurse at that hospital and even though she was asymptomatic had been tested as a part of protocol.

Since my brother passed away on Oct 1’st I’ve been stopping in when I get the chance and had lunch with them that Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of the call. Mind you both my parents are in their mid 70’s. On Monday I’d watched my dad feeding the infant from a bottle of what the mother had provided with a pump, then burp the child. Of course the mother or father had been coming in the house at drop off and pick up time with all the gear an infant requires.

Public Health calls the next day, no test needed, no mandatory quarantine notice given. Go about your business as needed but try to be careful using recommended protocols and limit who you contact as much as possible. (Probably just to make their life easier for tracing just in case)

Dad’s a crossing guard for school, no problem. My sister who’s always stopping in with her kids is an elementary teacher, no problem. Me, no problem. Whoever else was in the house, no problem.

Kinda makes you wonder.

Comment

Wishing health to you and your family Fitch.

They are treating people for other things who are also infected. Like check ups and regular things, I go in for an eye test in a couple weeks. I'm not sure I want to go.

Every day more cases, my state is at 2800 per day as of Friday.

Comment

Today the US hit 10,000,000 confirmed cases, nine days after we hit 9 million. We seem to be adding a million cases in under two weeks.

Comment

I'm slightly upset that you seem to take pleasure in passing that along. We're all capable of following the news without tubthumping the bad stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                              I'm slightly upset that you seem to take pleasure in passing that along. We're all capable of following the news without tubthumping the bad stuff.
                              Well when people start to take it seriously, and working together to slow the transmission, I'll stop posting. But for now there's a ton of denial going on, and people helping to spread the virus. I think it cost Trump his job. It's kinda a big deal.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to MSM Lying
                                by 99explorer
                                "Followers of QAnon have been left upset and angry in the wake of the apparent collapse of the conspiracy theory.

Followers had hoped...
                                Today, 06:55 PM
                              • MSM Lying
                                by jhjimbo
                                The MSM keeps lying by saying all the Courts did not find any illegality and the Election was fair.

How do they know, not one Court...
                                01-17-2021, 03:58 PM
                              • Reply to MSM Lying
                                by 99explorer
                                "Freshman Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, the Georgia Republican known for her association with the fantastical, cultlike QAnon conspiracy theory, was...
                                Today, 06:46 PM
                              • Reply to MSM Lying
                                by 99explorer
                                As Trump departs office, reality sets in for QAnon cult.

https://news.yahoo.com/as-trump-depa...203125742.html

"
                                It’s...
                                Today, 06:35 PM
                              • Reply to MSM Lying
                                by jhjimbo
                                Problem is, none of the Courts agreed to hear the case and see the evidence. You must be thick because that fact is widely known. The MSM reported their...
                                Today, 05:12 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X