Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We are turning the corner. We are rounding the curve, we will vanquish the virus,"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We are turning the corner. We are rounding the curve, we will vanquish the virus,"

Gotta love him, he is consistent. Gone by next wednesday, no more virus, cancelled, zip, nada, gonzo.

I still don't know anyone who has had it. I've driven cross country twice, not limited my activities much. My wife has been giving her ladies handgun familiarization classes and IDPA safety officer classes. She shot two matches in the south last week and is teaching a class out of state this weekend.

Comment

Some recent studies have found that mortality has dropped among hospitalized patients by 18 percentage points since the pandemic began. Patients in the study had a 25.6% chance of dying at the start of the pandemic; they now have a 7.6% chance.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...19-death-rates
      Last edited by 99explorer; 10-28-2020, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Trump Falsely Claims ‘99 Percent’ of Virus Cases Are ‘Totally Harmless’

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/05/u...factcheck.html
        Last edited by 99explorer; 10-28-2020, 05:43 PM.

Comment

I've heard "second hand" stories, but not one first hand.

I've had several doctor appointments lately.
          They always ask, "Have you been in contact with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19?"

How the hell would I know?

Comment

I think your wife would tell you.

Comment

We just hit 9 million confirmed cases in the US, the last million have all come in the past 2 weeks. Yesterday 90.000 positive tests. If things follow as they have been with 1.5% fatalities we should be seeing 1,500 fatalities per day soon. Long before thanksgiving. Already retail is falling off as well as the stock market. Europe is doing poorly too.

Don't go to indoor spaces with anyone other than family.

Don't ride in vehicles other than family.

If you must go to an indoor space such as grocery shopping plan it out to a time when the stores are least busy and wear a mask.

I'm going to skip any appointments, travel, etc until the infection level drops again.

Comment

Biden is in Minnesota, where over 75% of all fatalities are from long term care and nursing homes. This China lung flu is not a danger to few people under the age of 85. Freedom is on the ballot. Those that vote for Democrats are for restricting freedom for our citizens.

Comment

The COVID pandemic is well under control at the Pentagon, where people do as they're told without bitching and whining about their freedom.

Comment

Just under 100,000 confirmed new cases Friday in the US, the EU saw just over a quarter million, that's new cases in one day. Anti "lockdown" riots in Spain and Italy. If you assume a 15% hospitalization and 1.5% to 2% fatalities that's over 3,000 per day in EU, possibly 5,000? A 9/11 every day between EU and US.

Ages of infected are trending up too, the lower aged group who figured "who give a fig" ended up infecting grandma and that guy stocking shelves at Walmart.

Comment

Actor Sean Connery died today at age 90.

He was the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        The COVID pandemic is well under control at the Pentagon, where people do as they're told without bitching and whining about their freedom.
                        The COVID pandemic is well under control at my house. Where people give the finger to tyrants who try to tell us what to do!

Comment

Reported numbers were down yesterday, down from 99K to 91 new infections for the day. For some perspective....

China has had 91 thousand infections for this entire pandemic, since December of 19 to today, their total matches our one day total. Of course early on they had plenty of untested deaths, as did we too actually, remember the testing fiasco we had?

Of course China is now closed also. One case and they shut a city down, two cases and the quarantine millions and test them all until there are no cases, then they open the city again. Their schools are open, restaurants and bars full, people going on vacation. Life is as normal except there is no travel to other countries, or if necessary any returning people are met at the airport by people in hazmat suits, given a rapid and slow test, then quarantined for 14 days right then and there, no exceptions. Lockdown is with locks, not like here where all it means is the bar Pig goes to is closed. China's GDP rose at an annualized rate of 4.7 this quarter.

Comment

Dr. Fauci is saying that we could not be positioned more poorly with regard to the pandemic as we head into the fall and winter months.
                            God help us.

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-trump-c...025255462.html

Comment

Still only one death in Venango County.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad