The media is almost uniformly in the tank for the Democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The media is almost uniformly in the tank for the Democrats

I live near Oil City in Pa. Our local newspaper is called the Derrick. The Derrick didn't mention Bidens position on fossil fuels in the paper this morning. The place where the first oil well in the world was drilled. The center of the oil business for a hundred years. The Democrats have a stranglehold on information in this country!

That was true before Rush Limbaugh and Fox News appeared on the scene.
    Before that, Bill Buckley and National Review were the only conservative voices on the airwaves and print media.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
      I live near Oil City in Pa. Our local newspaper is called the Derrick. The Derrick didn't mention Bidens position on fossil fuels in the paper this morning. The place where the first oil well in the world was drilled. The center of the oil business for a hundred years. The Democrats have a stranglehold on information in this country!
      I used to go to Indiana for work. Opening Day deer season Schools close.

Comment

Biden's thoughts on oil are irrelevant. Most oil is private land, the govt can't restrict drilling on private land, drilling is down 80% countrywide and falling further. Some think we just passed peak oil.

The media supports corporate Dems, Republicans support corporate Dems too.

Comment

Well rat, I was just amazed that in the home of Pennzoil, Quaker State, Wolfs Head, Amalie, etc etc not a mention was made of phasing out the oil industry. People who work with their hands and get dirty relie on the media to inform them about what is news. If the media doesn't inform them of what's up it can be difficult for them to figure things out. The media, even in a place like Oil City, don't want people to know that Joe lied about the Boilermaker's endorsement. They don't know that their energy costs are going to skyrocket and become unreliable. It sucks to be us. It requires work to be informed. Its like all the folks who called 911 in Minneapolis and got no answer. The cops won't protect you you need to protect yourself. In 2020 in the US the media won't inform you and the Democrat politicians won't protect you.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
            Well rat, I was just amazed that in the home of Pennzoil, Quaker State, Wolfs Head, Amalie, etc etc not a mention was made of phasing out the oil industry. People who work with their hands and get dirty relie on the media to inform them about what is news. If the media doesn't inform them of what's up it can be difficult for them to figure things out. The media, even in a place like Oil City, don't want people to know that Joe lied about the Boilermaker's endorsement. They don't know that their energy costs are going to skyrocket and become unreliable. It sucks to be us. It requires work to be informed. Its like all the folks who called 911 in Minneapolis and got no answer. The cops won't protect you you need to protect yourself. In 2020 in the US the media won't inform you and the Democrat politicians won't protect you.
            The last sentence stated by labrador, pretty much tells us what is ahead under a possible dimwit party in the WH and Senate ! Are you also thinking there is not a lot of future ahead under this possibility ? Any party that is reluctant to stop riots, arson and looting, and in fact even encourage such, is not one that gives much hope for a stable, happy or constructive life ahead !!

Comment

I'm not so worried about riots as I am a media that doesn't inform. People kick up a fuss about riots and the local govt clamps down to get re elected.

A lack of reliable media sources is much more threatening. We need a reset on the rules. We have tossed out many of the rules governing airwaves and money in politics. At the time it was thought this would benefit Rs, and it did, think of Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. A partisan media leads to a very blind and partisan electorate.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, but it still doesn't make it good. "New Journalism" is the idea that everyone has bias, and why not let the reporter's biases enter into the story. Well almost every journalist went to the same schools, socialize with each other, and are culturally similar, so they are all going to have the same biases. So ya, oil bad, don't mention anything harmful about Biden.

The fix would require media to give equal time to both sides or else stories where it's impossible to discern a "side". Also we need to subsidise media (of a truly unbiased variety, not like NPR). Currently media sells clicks, a click based media will only print the sensational, the hateful.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                I'm not so worried about riots as I am a media that doesn't inform. People kick up a fuss about riots and the local govt clamps down to get re elected.

A lack of reliable media sources is much more threatening. We need a reset on the rules. We have tossed out many of the rules governing airwaves and money in politics. At the time it was thought this would benefit Rs, and it did, think of Rush Limbaugh and Fox News. A partisan media leads to a very blind and partisan electorate.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, but it still doesn't make it good. "New Journalism" is the idea that everyone has bias, and why not let the reporter's biases enter into the story. Well almost every journalist went to the same schools, socialize with each other, and are culturally similar, so they are all going to have the same biases. So ya, oil bad, don't mention anything harmful about Biden.

The fix would require media to give equal time to both sides or else stories where it's impossible to discern a "side". Also we need to subsidise media (of a truly unbiased variety, not like NPR). Currently media sells clicks, a click based media will only print the sensational, the hateful.
                Yeah rat. Its only in the last decade or so that journalism has become a major needed to work in the communications industry. Now they have to pass a course in journalistic ethics! I wonder what grade Toobin got in his ethics class!

Comment

Your words Rock, concerning the dangers of our present issue with our media is certainly spot on. However, to extend that problem is a political party which takes advantage of that bias knowing very well that their wrongs will not be reported and thus not known to the general working person in America ! Which factor in this problem is the most damaging in so doing, the media, or the one taking advantage ? I would have to say it is definitely the media as it has the means to help curtail the wrong doing with accurate unbiased reporting ! But with today’s standards, I am not holding my breath to it happening !
                  Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 10-24-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

The media is a wholely owned subsidiary of the Democrat Party. There is no perversion or crime that a Democrat can commit that will cause the media to criticize or abandon a candidate.

Comment

Fox and right wing radio were the first, and they were very successful.

Fox still is a place where President Trump can go for softball questions or to just allow him to rant for a half hour or more. Of course that doesn't mean all of Fox anymore, on some shows or with some people he might just get asked a question.

Many countries have the national media. BBC in England, Australian Broadcasting, Canadian, all without turning communist. As it is here the only educated people who can afford to work in "journalism" are either people who are stars, making millions like Tucker Carlson or that lady on MSNBC, or lots of freelancers or paid by the word folks. You'd be amazed at the number of people who freelance for major publications, you'd be even more amazed at what they really think, like what they say on twitter when talking amongst themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        Fox and right wing radio were the first, and they were very successful.

Fox still is a place where President Trump can go for softball questions or to just allow him to rant for a half hour or more. Of course that doesn't mean all of Fox anymore, on some shows or with some people he might just get asked a question.

Many countries have the national media. BBC in England, Australian Broadcasting, Canadian, all without turning communist. As it is here the only educated people who can afford to work in "journalism" are either people who are stars, making millions like Tucker Carlson or that lady on MSNBC, or lots of freelancers or paid by the word folks. You'd be amazed at the number of people who freelance for major publications, you'd be even more amazed at what they really think, like what they say on twitter when talking amongst themselves.
                        I remember journolist. I expect it still exists somewhere.

Comment

When journalists inject their own political ideals into their reporting, it's no longer journalism, it's an opinion piece.

I heard Gail King this morning refer to "that football team" as the "Washington Redskins" on live TV.
                          Think she'll be publically chastised or drummed off the air?
                          Of course not!
                          She's a female, she's "black" and she's Oprah's BFF!

Another reporter from the White House, reporting on Trump's COVID-19 response interjected that what Trump said was, "...completely false."
                          She's a reporter, not a doctor.
                          Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-27-2020, 10:53 AM.

Comment

The most current projection of the electoral college votes shows Biden getting 279 electoral votes to Trump's182 votes, with16 votes up for grabs.

https://www.electoral-vote.com/

Last edited by 99explorer; 10-28-2020, 01:29 AM.

Comment

As far as liberal media supporting Biden, it was pointed out today on a well known national talk show, if there is nothing in the recent allegations against the Biden family, why hasn't Creepy Joe circled the wagons and started shooting back? Even PMSNBC won't rally behind Biden on this stuff.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad