No announcement yet.

The Spam here is insane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last communications to Mr. Kearns went unanswered. Anybody want to try to contact Natalie? Unless deer season is still on in New York, somebody has to get this site cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
      My last communications to Mr. Kearns went unanswered. Anybody want to try to contact Natalie? Unless deer season is still on in New York, somebody has to get this site cleaned up.
      I had to put 5 or 6 on "ignore" this morning. Guess it could be "worser"! LOL!

Comment

I've added 35 in the last 2 weeks, many with more than 5 pages of posts. Some have posted enough to have 2 or 3 stars.

Comment

Someone needs to be able to get a hold of someone who has power to change things, and allow that person to change the way people get added to this forum, where a moderator(s) who actually posts here, have to okay/give permission for that person to be added. Also make them answer a few questions to help weed out things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
            Someone needs to be able to get a hold of someone who has power to change things, and allow that person to change the way people get added to this forum, where a moderator(s) who actually posts here, have to okay/give permission for that person to be added. Also make them answer a few questions to help weed out things.
            Ernie, I've joined a couple of "sites" that has "on forum moderators".
            Sadly, I'm the one who got censored for a very innocuous post. After sparring with the moderator, he (?) replaced my post.
            It's not that the site is a dud, but posts come few and far between....sometimes "days" between!

If a moderator only removed vulgarities, it would be okay. But it's harsh to remove a post when you don't actually know exactly what that person was saying/asking.

While I won't absolutely deny moderators, I think it takes a special mindset to be a moderator.

Comment

Yes, it takes a certain temperament, to be a moderator. But the ridiculous amount of spam on this site is embarrassing

Comment

Try the Editor, Alex Robinson. [email protected],

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Try the Editor, Alex Robinson. [email protected],
                  As I said earlier, Colin Kearns didn't reply to my last 2 messages, and he's at the top of the F&S masthead.

Comment

Yes, it takes a certain temperament, to be a moderator. But the ridiculous amount of spam on this site is embarrassing
                    Guess I mis'splained Ernie.
                    A "moderator" should remove "spam" readily, but not be heavy handed when censoring posts.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

As I said earlier, Colin Kearns didn't reply to my last 2 messages, and he's at the top of the F&S masthead.
                      drop down one or two levels

Comment

I doubt the F&S and OL folks are actually running the websites, more than likely they can’t say what’s up either. I had the email address for a guy early in the last change over but he dropped out of the picture so fast I trashed it. Whoever is running this mess should be embarrassed, if not out of the web business altogether.

Maybe the new owners can put something decent together, supposedly they’re in the digital media business so it seems plausible. Doesn’t make sense they’d buy something just to shut it down.

If nothing else you guys should leave Natalie out of it, give the girl a break.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          I doubt the F&S and OL folks are actually running the websites, more than likely they can’t say what’s up either. I had the email address for a guy early in the last change over but he dropped out of the picture so fast I trashed it. Whoever is running this mess should be embarrassed, if not out of the web business altogether.

Maybe the new owners can put something decent together, supposedly they’re in the digital media business so it seems plausible. Doesn’t make sense they’d buy something just to shut it down.

If nothing else you guys should leave Natalie out of it, give the girl a break.
                          I think the new owner shut the forum down because of low participation and could not sell advertising for such low number of clicks.

Comment

I think the new owner shut the forum down because of low participation and could not sell advertising for such low number of clicks.
                            Very likely, but some notice should have been in order.

Also possible the new entity hasn’t taken over yet, these things take time. Especially if they want things right.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Very likely, but some notice should have been in order.

Also possible the new entity hasn’t taken over yet, these things take time. Especially if they want things right.
                              It does not take too much time if it was losing money.

Comment

It does not take too much time if it was losing money.
                                Well no, but if they haven’t finalized the deal yet then it wasn’t the new owner’s decision to make.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad