No announcement yet.

The Spam here is insane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is the first day I've checked in since last week. I had a message from the admins on how to keep my notifications queue clear! I had a handful of notifications that were a few months old that I hadn't bothered with, and they got rid of them. Apparently these tiny items were bothering F&S?!?

Meanwhile, the spam remains nutso. Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Point 1)
      I had to add 3 to ignore list this AM.
      They had added 27 posts.

Point 2)
      I've also been following the OL site.
      There "was" a flurry of activity. Now, it only gets an occasional post every 2 or 3 days.
      Dead slow!
      Can someone give me a step by step how to ignore someone?

Comment

Ernie, go to top of page where you log in, bring up your ‘profile’ and hit ‘user settings’, that will bring up your ‘account’, hit on that and scroll down to ‘ignore list’, type in name of ignored person, then hit ‘save’ ! Hope this helps !

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post

Can someone give me a step by step how to ignore someone?
          Yes sir.
          "click" on your user name. (in your case, "Ernie")
          That will pull down a menu.
          Select: User Settings

Then you will see: Back to Profile
          Just below the Back to Profile title, there is another "pull down" menu that will say "profile".
          On that menu, select: Account

On the account page, (scroll down slowly) it will ask for your password.
          A bit below that, it will ask you to input your email address and again just below.

​​​​​​​Then scroll down to the bottom of the page.

Just above "Update Settings", there will be a blank "slot"(?).
          Type the username of the offender in the slot, then "click" on the slot.

When the offender shows above the slot with an × behind the name, i.e. offender×, click on Update Settings and it will add that user to your "ignore" list.

You can add more than one username at a time.

Good luck!
          ​​​​​​​Will be glad to help if you still have problems.

Comment

How many spammers? This many.

Comment

That is insane

Comment

That is insane
                That there are that many spammers or that we put up with it?

I've got 100+ on my ignore list and add 1 to 5 nearly every day!

Comment

What is insane, is trying to figure what the purpose of the stupidity is !! I gave up the ignore list I could see no end to it, and it was driving me nuts just trying to keep up with it ! I think there are easier ways of spending one’s life !

Comment

The Admin should make some promps/questions to where new members were reviewed before being accepted. Something to keep spammers out. They should allow some of the active posters here become moderators, so that these folks can be banned before they ever have a chance to post spam.

Comment

Ernie I’ve been saying that ever since they went to forum style. Not going to happen.

Comment

It occurred to me awhile back, and I’m guilty of posting links on occasion, that the amount of link posting on here could possibly be why this site gets hammered and OL doesn’t. Out of my pay grade though.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                          How many spammers? This many.
                          Dude, you are committed!

Comment

With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                            I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers I am about done here.
                            I have tried contacting Admin over this a couple of times with no results.
                            The Guns and Ammo forum has a number of people of like mind, and they have active moderators to weed spammers and problem posters. It is small enough for you you to get to know the active people there. Just a thought.
                            The last three times I have checked in I have been amazed at how many spam posts there are.
                            I am not mad at anyone here, but just giving a heads up I won't be checking in as often.
                            Take care and happy hunting!
                            F&S has been sold so maybe new owners, North Equity, will be more active in killing spam.

Comment

That would be nice

Comment

Ernie, whether or not you post to political or COVID-19 threads is a nonissue for me.
                                I like your storytelling and pictures, especially of your "weirdo" (?) guns! LOL!

But I will say this, the political issues of today are VERY important to people like us who love guns, shooting and hunting.
                                Never in American history have our 2A "rights" been more endangered than they are right now.

Please continue posting here and on OL!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad