The Spam here is insane...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spam here is insane...

With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
    I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers I am about done here.
    I have tried contacting Admin over this a couple of times with no results.
    The Guns and Ammo forum has a number of people of like mind, and they have active moderators to weed spammers and problem posters. It is small enough for you you to get to know the active people there. Just a thought.
    The last three times I have checked in I have been amazed at how many spam posts there are.
    I am not mad at anyone here, but just giving a heads up I won't be checking in as often.
    Take care and happy hunting!

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
    With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
    I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers I am about done here.
    The Guns and Ammo forum has a number of people of like mind, and they have active moderators to weed spammers and problem posters. It is small enough for you you to get to know the active people there. Just a thought.
    The last three times I have checked in I have been amazed at how many spam posts there are.
    I am not mad at anyone here, but just giving a heads up I won't be checking in as often.
    Ernie, I totally agree. Most of us interested in discussing outdoor topics have migrated to the Outdoor Life companion site. So far there's been no spammers nor political posts.

I hope you'll join us over there.

https://answers.outdoorlife.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ernie View Post
      Contact: [email protected] she is an associate editor. the more people that contact her the better.

I was up early and there were three spammers on. Probably noon time in Mubay.

Comment

I just got registered with the outdoor life forum.

Comment

A new story shows up on O.L. every other day. F&S gets one a week, if that. Anybody see a trend?

Comment

Yes I do , this use to be a great site with many contributors .

Comment

It looks like someone is doing some house cleaning. I hope they get it all and follow up.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                It looks like someone is doing some house cleaning. I hope they get it all and follow up.
                I have to add one to three new (how many times can you add one more "sd" to be a new name? LOL!)
                names to my ignore list each morning.
                I'm not going to try and count how many, but if there isn't more that 100, there's a trick behind it! LOL!
                It's a bit inconvenient, but I do like the F&S site.

Comment

Today is the first day in more than what seems like 2 months that I didnt have to block a spammer.

Comment

Today is the first day in more than what seems like 2 months that I didnt have to block a spammer.
                    Noted! Me too!
                    Maybe, finally! LOL!

Comment

Ya spoke too soon franchi20!
                      I had to add 3 to the list this morning! 😖

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Ya spoke too soon franchi20!
                        I had to add 3 to the list this morning! 😖
                        Yeah, I was early on that call. Now, 3 weeks later I've added dozens and it looks like a storm is brewing. New member names that show up at the bottom of the page give me concern, in spite of the work by a moderator to clean things up.

Comment

Yeah, I was early on that call. Now, 3 weeks later I've added dozens and it looks like a storm is brewing. New member names that show up at the bottom of the page give me concern, in spite of the work by a moderator to clean things up.
                          Ditto sir. I have 34 notifications this morning. I just haven't taken the time to go through and add the user names.
                          ...and yes, it seems to be growing exponentially! LOL!
                          Not only that, the names have gotten ridiculous!
                          The other day, one came up as "asdfghjkl"! The middle keys on a keyboard!
                          Oh well!

Comment

Apparently, North Equity has given everyone leave for deer season and nobody is watching for spammers.

Comment

Point 1)
                              I had to add 3 to ignore list this AM.
                              They had added 27 posts.

Point 2)
                              I've also been following the OL site.
                              There "was" a flurry of activity. Now, it only gets an occasional post every 2 or 3 days.
                              Dead slow!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad