Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So.....demoncrats ain't coming for your guns? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So.....demoncrats ain't coming for your guns? Really?

Biden website vows ‘assault weapons’ ban, forced gun registration and banning online sales of guns, ammo and parts

OCTOBER 07, 2020 LAURA WIDENER
    Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden vowed on his campaign website to ban online gun and ammo sales, limit gun sales, ban “assault weapons,” force gun owners into buybacks or registration, and various other restrictions.

Biden has expressed his anti-gun ideas, but his website spells out the specific measures he intends to take if he wins the election and assumes the presidency, which he describes as “constitutional, common-sense gun safety policies.”

“Biden will enact legislation to once again ban assault weapons,” Biden’s website says. “While working to pass this legislation, Biden will also use his executive authority to ban the importation of assault weapons.”

Biden’s campaign website does not describe expand on his definition of “assault weapon.” The website uses the National Firearms Act’s ban of machine guns, silencers, and short barreled rifles without registration and the relatively low usage of these weapons in crimes as an example for pursuing “legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons”

The proposed measure is part of Biden’s vow to “get weapons of war off our streets.” Although his website doesn’t define “weapon of war,” a tweet he made in February referred to AR-15 rifles as “weapons of war.”

“No one needs an AR-15. Period. We have to get these weapons of war out of our communities,” Biden tweeted at the time.
    No one needs an AR-15. Period. We have to get these weapons of war out of our communities.

— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden)
    February 15, 2020

Biden’s plan for getting “assault weapons or high-capacity magazines” out of gunowners’ hands is to force them into two options: “sell the weapons to the government, or register them under the National Firearms Act,” his website says.

Biden’s campaign website also vows to ban all online sales of guns, gun parts, and ammunition. He also plans to restrict gun purchases to one per month to “reduce the stockpiling of firearms.”

Biden also plans to strip protections from gun manufacturers, paving way for them to be held civilly liable when guns they manufacture are used in a crime. However, some instances of this began when the Supreme Court allowed victims’ families of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre to sue gunmaker Remington. The company manufactured the Bushmaster AR-15 rifle that Adam Lanza used in the massacre to kill 26, and the families allege that Remington bears responsibility due to marketing the rifle.

Biden would also “incentivize” local governments to enact “red flag” gun confiscation laws by offering funding and technical assistance to governments that implement such laws. He also lists his vow to expand background checks and close alleged loopholes, and expand incentives for gun licensing programs.

Yep, they are clearly coming after your guns. I posted this back in March.
    https://answers.fieldandstream.com/f...for-gun-safety

03-10-2020, 02:33 PM
    Are you aware of front-runner Joe Biden's positions on firearms? If not, here's some of the highlights. You can see the details at his site (link below). What are your thoughts? Will you support Biden with your vote?

https://joebiden.com/gunsafety/

Joe Biden has taken on the National Rifle Association (NRA) on the national stage and won – twice. In 1993, he shepherded through Congress the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, which established the background check system that has since kept more than 3 million firearms out of dangerous hands. In 1994, Biden – along with Senator Dianne Feinstein – secured the passage of 10-year bans on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. As president, Joe Biden will defeat the NRA again.

t’s within our grasp to end our gun violence epidemic and respect the Second Amendment, which is limited. As president, Biden will pursue constitutional, common-sense gun safety policies. Biden will:

Hold gun manufacturers accountable.

Get weapons of war off our streets.

Ban the manufacture and sale of assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.
    Currently, the National Firearms Act requires individuals possessing machine-guns, silencers, and short-barreled rifles to undergo a background check and register those weapons with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF). Due to these requirements, such weapons are rarely used in crimes. As president, Biden will pursue legislation to regulate possession of existing assault weapons under the National Firearms Act.

Buy back the assault weapons and high-capacity magazines already in our communities.

Reduce stockpiling of weapons
    . In order to reduce the stockpiling of firearms, Biden supports legislation restricting the number of firearms an individual may purchase per month to one.

Keep guns out of dangerous hands.

Require background checks for all gun sales.

Close other loopholes in the federal background check system.

Reinstate the Obama-Biden policy to keep guns out of the hands of certain people unable to manage their affairs for mental reasons, which President Trump reversed.

Close the “hate crime loophole.”

Close the “Charleston loophole.”

Close the “fugitive from justice” loophole created by the Trump Administration.

End the online sale of firearms and ammunitions.
    Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.

Create an effective program to ensure individuals who become prohibited from possessing firearms relinquish their weapons.

Incentivize state “extreme risk” laws.

Give states incentives to set up gun licensing programs.
    Biden will enact legislation to give states and local governments grants to require individuals to obtain a license prior to purchasing a gun.

Adequately fund the background check system.

Put America on the path to ensuring that 100% of firearms sold in America are smart guns.

Hold adults accountable for giving minors access to firearms.

Require gun owners to safely store their weapons.

Require firearms owners to report if their weapon is lost or stolen.
    Last edited by PigHunter; 10-14-2020, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I can't believe you guys!
      The (D)'s don't want "your" guns, they want EVERYBODY'S guns.....well, except for their personal protection details!

Comment

Maybe they will allow inner city Blacks to keep illegal guns, just like they do now, as some kind of reparations.

Comment

Chicago gang bangers need more ammo for practice. Sixty shot and only 5 killed is a deplorable ratio.

Comment

One would need to be a real idiot, such as a dimwit, to think any of this stupidness would stop, deter or even make a inner city gangbanger think of giving up his stolen firearm. Why in hell do people think these thugs are called criminals in the first place ? The only thing to reduce gun violence is to remove those responsible from our society ! But the dimwits push justice reform in order to lessen the penalties for these same thugs, as if thugs and criminals will think nice thoughts and repent !! Damn, life is a POS under dimwit thinking and action !

Comment

I'm sure everyone has seen the reports of Biden's MSR plan. $200 hit for every item he wants to take but you want to keep. Guns, mags, and who knows what they'll add.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                I'm sure everyone has seen the reports of Biden's MSR plan. $200 hit for every item he wants to take but you want to keep. Guns, mags, and who knows what they'll add.
                Heard on "Limbaugh" this morning.
                Biden wants ANY "semi-auto" to fall under the "GCA '34".
                Tax stamp or sell 'em to the gummint!

Unfortunately, I sold all of mine!

Comment

I had a canoe turn turtle on me! All gone over the side. Still got the canoe though!

Comment

I don't believe that Joe Biden believes he was elected king (as Donald Trump did).
                    He has to work with congress to pass legislation, and even the Democrats from rural states are opposed to oppressive gun laws.

Comment

I hope this Biden nonsense puts the 2 Ga. R's in the senate.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        I don't believe that Joe Biden believes he was elected king (as Donald Trump did).
                        He has to work with congress to pass legislation, and even the Democrats from rural states are opposed to oppressive gun laws.

Biden gun plan was on his web site. Nobody should act surprised when he begins his unconstitutional gun grabs, and energy restrictions, and national lockdowns. Morons are going to get what they elected, good and hard! John, Logan Act Violator, Kerry is going to be his climate czar. A guy with a 70 ft yacht, a private jet, and multiple mansions is going to tell me what I can drive and how to heat my house.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

Biden gun plan was on his web site. Nobody should act surprised when he begins his unconstitutional gun grabs, and energy restrictions, and national lockdowns. Morons are going to get what they elected, good and hard! John, Logan Act Violator, Kerry is going to be his climate czar. A guy with a 70 ft yacht, a private jet, and multiple mansions is going to tell me what I can drive and how to heat my house.
                          Not only that labrador, his National Security Advisor was part of the miss piggy e-mail piece of crap. He shared top secret information in e-mails through her and with her. And of course he was never charged in this ‘little’ wrong doing. He sure sounds like a good protector of our national security........yeah right !!!!

Comment

I am sure we will be in for many more surprises from sleezy joe, as we know almost nothing of his political plans and nothing of his foreign policy. But, he still may be a bit better than his POS VP, as we know even less about her politics and have no idea as to her foreign policy either. Boy, how this bunch of crap ever was elected is more than a mystery, not to even mention a travesty !!!

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                              I hope this Biden nonsense puts the 2 Ga. R's in the senate.
                              Even if Perdue and Loeffler win, the Senate will be a mere 52-48 (R) majority. That really isn't a majority. That's an "edge".

Despite the "Turtle", all the (d)'s have to do is browbeat 2 (R)'s (Romney, Toomey, Collins, Murkowsky, etc, etc) to get a 50-50 tie. All they need then is to get "Commie" Harris to break the tie.
                              ...and we ALL know who that will favor!
                              I think, one of the best things McConnell can do between now and January is undo the "Nuclear Option".
                              Of course, all the (d)'s would have to do is hornswoggle two spineless RINO's on board.

I think the "fits gonna hit the shan!"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad