No announcement yet.

I paid more taxes than Trump in 16 and 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is the FactCheck version of that story.

President Donald Trump has repeatedly accused Hunter Biden, without evidence, of making millions of dollars in a “payoff” from China, after accompanying his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, on a 2013 diplomatic trip to Beijing.

The claim involves a cross-border private equity fund involving some state-owned financial companies in China. Biden served on the management company’s board while his father was vice president, but his attorney says that was an unpaid position, that he did not create the company and has not yet received any money, let alone millions. The attorney says Hunter Biden only acquired a minority stake in the investment management company after his father left office.

We have found no evidence to contradict that, and Trump hasn’t provided any. We also found no evidence that Joe Biden used his position as vice president to enrich his son.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/10/tr...iden-in-china/

Comment

FactCheck! I am sure that is a very reliable source!

Comment

I think Trump attributes to others traits that he sees in himself.
        When he sees someone in a position to enrich himself dishonestly, he assumes that person did so because that is what he would have done.

Comment

CRM -
          You didn't have time to read the article.
          Your approach to complex subjects is very superficial.

Comment

The fact check bandicoot, proves nothing unless from a reliable and unbiased source. And any information from his POS attorney means nothing either, just WTF would you expect the paid mouth piece to say ??Damn bandicoot, if the idiot that tells you when to take your next breath kicks off, you are in a world of trouble ! And I am terribly sorry if I broke your heart by making remarks about your boy friend Joey, take a couple bottles of aspirin and go to bed !!! You are definitely a waste of time and words. Do us all a favor and just evaporate !!!
            Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 09-28-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

The burden of proof is on the party asserting the affirmative.

End of debate.

Comment

Allow me to explain.
                Hunter Biden does not have to prove that he did NOT receive money.

Comment

Donald J. Trump, as POTUS and a business man from the private sector, never wrote the first syllable of tax code/law. He turned everything over to an accountant and the accountant, took advantage of the tax/code laws Joe Biden wrote and passed.

Joe Biden, as a senator for 39 years, wrote and passed miles and miles of tax/code.
                  He and his wife, Jill, formed a "S corp" and earned over $13M in speaking fees ($20,000 per?) and book deals. As an "S corp", they paid not one red cent tax.
                  Po' Joe! He was just taking advantage of the "tax/code" law HE wrote. - Mark Levin

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Very simply, money problems will disappear when he leaves office and writes his book.
                    Or has someone write it. It seems most book deals only net a few million. I think the Obamas got in the single millions.

We don't know what happened in 18 and 19, and I'd assume the audit is complete? I wonder if the IRS has already worked out payment plans. I'd also assume the NYT rolled this out now to dominate the air waves for the next couple weeks, there must be more.

Real estate, hotels, tax avoidance are very often found in conjunction with laundry. The skill set is the same. Real estate is a very good way to wash large sums, and people good at losses for tax purposes can lose money for laundering at no extra effort.

It's more interesting to me than the D's efforts to besmirch a pretty good SCOTUS nominee who will be seated anyway. I'll watch the debates just to see how they do under pressure.

Comment

From the bandicoot: "CRM -You didn't have time to read the article.
                      Your approach to complex subjects is very superficial"

A. I read all of the article that was necessary, ie, FactCheck.
                      B. I have very little time to waste on bandicoots and idjits, for both of which you qualify. Therefore, my approach to superficial people and superficial subjects is minimal.

Comment

One glaring FACT. The infernal revenue service is the only agency that should have any interest in Trump's tax returns. Since they have shown no interest, it is logical that there is nothing of a criminal nature to be discovered.
                        Another small matter of noteworthiness, whoever leaked the tax returns to the new york slime, is guilty of a felony. If said felon is in any way employed or paid by the new york slime, they are complicit in a felony, and are also criminally liable.

Comment

The IRS DOES have an interest in Trump's tax returns, and they are currently still under audit.
                          You need to bone up on your facts.

Comment

FACTS for the bandicoot, and the red rat, et al:

From the new york slime article you are selectively quoting:
                            "Each time, he requested an extension to file his 1040; and each time, he made the required payment to the I.R.S. for income taxes he might owe — $1 million for 2016 and $4.2 million for 2017. But virtually all of that liability was washed away when he eventually filed, and most of the payments were rolled forward to cover potential taxes in future years.

To cancel out the tax bills, Mr. Trump made use of $9.7 million in business investment credits, at least some of which related to his renovation of the Old Post Office hotel, which qualified for a historic-preservation tax break. Although he had more than enough credits to owe no taxes at all, his accountants appear to have carved out an allowance for a small tax liability for both 2016 and 2017.

When they got to line 56, the one for income taxes due, the amount was the same each year: $750.

So, President Trump used available tax credits and didn’t do anything illegal.

FACTS!

Comment

According to Michael Cohen, Trump's former attorney,

“His biggest fear is … he will end up with a massive tax bill, fraud penalties, fines, and possibly even tax fraud.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-bill-possible

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

Or has someone write it. It seems most book deals only net a few million. I think the Obamas got in the single millions.

We don't know what happened in 18 and 19, and I'd assume the audit is complete? I wonder if the IRS has already worked out payment plans. I'd also assume the NYT rolled this out now to dominate the air waves for the next couple weeks, there must be more.

Real estate, hotels, tax avoidance are very often found in conjunction with laundry. The skill set is the same. Real estate is a very good way to wash large sums, and people good at losses for tax purposes can lose money for laundering at no extra effort.

It's more interesting to me than the D's efforts to besmirch a pretty good SCOTUS nominee who will be seated anyway. I'll watch the debates just to see how they do under pressure.
                                There seems to be a question about some expenses and losses. In my mind his accountants would not have tried them if they did not think there was a good chance they would be accepted. I know my accountant would not. The IRS challenge may just be political.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad