Can we get some eggs and homefries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we get some eggs and homefries?

Eggs over easy please, I like runny yolks over the homefries and Spam.

Home fries w/onion and a hot pepper fried until crispy.
    Eggs over medium (no runny whites).
    Hot buttered biscuit.
    Hot cup o' coffee, black.

Yes sir! Break yellow over fries and get it on! πŸ˜‰!

Comment

Home fries with onions, four hen aigs over easy, (hard whites, runny yallers), thick cut bacon fried crisp, or deer sausage, hot biscuits with grease drippins gravy, 'possum grape jelly and Karo syrup, home churned butter, big glass of sweet milk, and hot coffee that will float a horseshoe! Forget the damn fried Spam!

Comment

I'll have mine scrambled, with those little pan-fried sausages and grits. Instant is okay.

Comment

Libby's corned beef fried in olive oil makes a nice side order.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            Home fries with onions, four hen aigs over easy, (hard whites, runny yallers), thick cut bacon fried crisp, or deer sausage, hot biscuits with grease drippins gravy, 'possum grape jelly and Karo syrup, home churned butter, big glass of sweet milk, and hot coffee that will float a horseshoe! Forget the damn fried Spam!
            Best bacon in Texas!

TipTop Meats in Taylor, TX
            (garlic bacon πŸ˜ƒ) killer stuff, but you won't find it in a grocery store!

Kennedy Meats in Weatherford, TX
            buy the 10 pound box, awesome stuff. Only available at their market and local, non-chain grocery stores.

'06
            Fergit Karo! That's fer kids and sissies! It ain't surp! It's cane juice! LOL!
            Steen's molasses if'n you be hard core, Blackburn's fer them whut ain't developed a palate yit!

My dad "loved" black strap sorghum molasses.
            Lester Starr made sorghum molasses every fall. A quart would last pop a year!
            Me, my siblings and mom wouldn't touch the stuff! WHEW!

Comment

#1 Bubba, I know all about blackstrap. There was an older black man that had some land that adjoined our place, and he always raised about 15-20 acres of sorghum cane. My Grandfather made a trip over that way every year when L made syrup, and bought a gallon. Divided it up between the ranch house and the house in town. Mix that up with a little real cow butter, and that stuff on a biscuit would make you slap your pappy. Yep, I remember that. R.L. always kept Karo for when he ran out of cane syrup.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	821A05EC-7E08-49F5-896D-B447FE2218D6.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	751906 Syrup? This is Maple country.

Skipped breakfast and it’s getting past lunch time, I’m starving. Where am I going to find a Garlic Bacon BLT?

Good stuff guys, sending this TTT.

Comment

Hey! Tree sap and pancakes ain't nothing to snark at. 'specially if'n its the REAL kind!
                  Maple "flavored" syrup, of ANY brand, is a disgrace to a discerning palate! LOL!

fitch270, I don't know if you're familiar with "true" blackstrap molasses or not, so hear goes!

REAL blackstrap molasses has about the same consistency, taste and odor of "pine tar"! LOL! Sorghum black strap is even a bit stronger, if that's at all possible!
                  Not a meal dressing for the faint of heart!

"Steens" molasses comes in a yellow can and is absolutely, black strap molasses.
                  The processing plant is in south Louisiana.
                  The sugar cane is brought in by the semi load and is dumped on the ground in a "yard" within grasp of a 4 tine grapple which picks it up and drops it into the "squeezer".

The cane draws vermin. Rats and mice.
                  The rats and mice draw snakes.
                  When the grappler picks up a load of cane to drop in the squeezer, not all the rats, mice and snakes make it clear before being dropped into the squeezer! 😜😳πŸ€ͺ!

The cane juice is cooked down to concentrate it into molasses, so it's not like it hasn't been "disinfected"!

Us old "southern" boys like to brag on our blackstrap, but I'd bet a dime to a rolling donut hole, 90% of us prefer "REAL" maple syrup!
                  That's some good stuff, Maynard!
                  Down here, a flask (1/2 pint) of good maple syrup is +/-$5!
                  You can't just drown pancakes in the stuff like you do with "Blackburn's Pancake Syrup".
                  $2.98/24 oz.

Comment

As a young man, I had a chance to visit the "Imperial Sugar" processing facility in, of course, Sugarland, TX.
                    You would think that a sugar plant would smell pretty good.
                    NO SIR! That had to be the most sickeningly sweet odor I've ever smelled!

Comment

The sweetest smell in the world is the inside of a dairy barn.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad