How Do They

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do They

How do the spammers enter spam so fast - today, at 3AM they entered every minute of the SAME thing. I tried to counter this AM and the site would not let me enter the same post over and over. Each subsequent post has to be different. How do the spammers do it.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    How do the spammers enter spam so fast - today, at 3AM they entered every minute of the SAME thing. I tried to counter this AM and the site would not let me enter the same post over and over. Each subsequent post has to be different. How do the spammers do it.
    "bots" jimbo!
    "bots" is short for "robots".

It's a programming thingie.

Comment

jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots" on my ignore list right now and add one or three every day. If you have trouble, PM me and i will try to help. I had to make several tries before I got it right.

Comment

I've got probably 40 on my list and had 400+ posts this morning and still lots of "spam" threads.

They change their "handle" a little and keep going.
        I've blocked:
        sdsds23
        sddsd223
        etc, etc...

I've got this Thai crap showing first out on the "Shotgun" section but is not visible when I click on the title

"...บใบรับรองโรงเรียนที่ลงทะเบียนของคุณจากสถาบันการศ.. ."

I've got several other section with spam as first out.
        Guess I ought to be glad I at least can't see it! LOL!
        Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-26-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          jhjimbo- If you go to your profile and then to account, you can put them on the ignore list and you won't see their posts. I have 27 "bots" on my ignore list right now and add one or three every day. If you have trouble, PM me and i will try to help. I had to make several tries before I got it right.
          I know how. That only blocks for one person, does not help the entire site.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad