The Horse Race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Horse Race

There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time 4 years ago, up in contested states as well as generally, often enough up by quite a bit.

On the flip side it's Trump, lots of "shy" Trump voters out there. By shy meaning people who will vote for him but see him for the sleazy low life grifter he is. I'd count myself amongst that lot.

Unmentioned just about everywhere is what is called "the ground game" and it's here that the Republicans have been excelling. I pay attention as I knocked on a lot of doors and made a lot of calls myself. Republicans have been registering voters, lots of voters and Democrats haven't been. Republicans have had field offices open for almost 2 years, Dems for 2 months if they are lucky. Rs are knocking on doors, a million a week in swing states, Democrats aren't knocking on any doors. A strong GOTV effort can have an affect. How much when there is lots of name recognition it remains to be seen.

I can just not put two and two together and come up with biden leading in the polls ! With an agenda such as what the D’s are threatening us with, what the hell are people thinking about in considering that party being rational ? Do people even take the time to evaluate or at least read what is in store for America ? It is one thing to hate Trump, but damn do we need to give the country away just to make a point ? We have seen the idiot games the dimwits have played, their credibility given to the lawlessness with the riots, their DA’s not prosecuting those who commit violence in protesting, and yet the people can not read the writing on the wall !! Have we lost the common sense of the true America as a result of our diversity, people living in America, but not really being Americans, not the same sense of loyalty and love for this country ? Just because someone moves to America for the benefits, does not mean that they also accept our loyalties and commitments ! That is a strong objection I hold against open borders !!

Comment

From BH75R: "I can just not put two and two together and come up with biden leading in the polls !"

Neither can I. If 2016 showed us anything, it was that polls are highly inaccurate, and skewed in favor of the demoncrats. I don't know enough about the polling process to know why this is so, but it is a fact. It may be the demographic that is "polled", it may be that the polls are conducted at such times as the conservative majority of this country are at work, or not answering phones, or it may be that the pollsters have their finger on the scales in the hope of influencing the outcome of an election.
      I know that I have never been polled. I don't recall anyone I know that has ever been polled. I do know a lot of people, myself included, that absolutely do not answer phones unless they know the person calling. With the advent of cell phones, 99% of us do not have a land line, and most of us have a list of callers we answer calls from, and rarely answer calls from unknown numbers, due to scams, solicitations, polls, and "Congratulations, you have just won a free... and all you pay is XXXX.XX dollars!"
      The bottom line is, I don't trust polls, but I would like to trust this one!

​​​​​​​
      Click image for larger version

Name:	118031775_816297512510743_1986781526080128615_n red vs blue.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	749757

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
        I can just not put two and two together and come up with biden leading in the polls ! With an agenda such as what the D’s are threatening us with, what the hell are people thinking about in considering that party being rational ? Do people even take the time to evaluate or at least read what is in store for America ? It is one thing to hate Trump, but damn do we need to give the country away just to make a point ? We have seen the idiot games the dimwits have played, their credibility given to the lawlessness with the riots, their DA’s not prosecuting those who commit violence in protesting, and yet the people can not read the writing on the wall !! Have we lost the common sense of the true America as a result of our diversity, people living in America, but not really being Americans, not the same sense of loyalty and love for this country ? Just because someone moves to America for the benefits, does not mean that they also accept our loyalties and commitments ! That is a strong objection I hold against open borders !!
        bhr, note that the two dimwits (rock roach and 99) here are constantly attacking the (R)'s. Attack the (D)'s and they never reply, just renew their attacks on the (R)'s.
        This is a "control" factor to keep (R)'s back on their heels, attempting to defend themselves.
        Well, there isn't any "attempt", the (R)'s defend themselves very, VERY well, but when you're dealing with a mindless, single issue dimwit.
        They know it's a losing battle. There only hope is to "browbeat" the enemy into submission and if that means absorbing slings and arrows, sobeit!

rode roach is only fear mongering and attempting to steal freedom.

https://townhall.com/columnists/davi...rters-n2576884
        Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-25-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Trump is all but certain that the polls are right, and is planning on litigating the election.

"President Trump is engaged in an ongoing campaign to erode confidence in the legitimacy of the upcoming presidential election."

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-attemp...203435864.html

Comment

I think Trump expects that if the election ends up in the Supreme Court, his three appointees will vote in his favor.
            If so, he is in for a surprise because they are bound by the canons of judicial ethics.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
              There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time 4 years ago, up in contested states as well as generally, often enough up by quite a bit.

On the flip side it's Trump, lots of "shy" Trump voters out there. By shy meaning people who will vote for him but see him for the sleazy low life grifter he is. I'd count myself amongst that lot.

Unmentioned just about everywhere is what is called "the ground game" and it's here that the Republicans have been excelling. I pay attention as I knocked on a lot of doors and made a lot of calls myself. Republicans have been registering voters, lots of voters and Democrats haven't been. Republicans have had field offices open for almost 2 years, Dems for 2 months if they are lucky. Rs are knocking on doors, a million a week in swing states, Democrats aren't knocking on any doors. A strong GOTV effort can have an affect. How much when there is lots of name recognition it remains to be seen.
              Rock Rat what is your opinion on Biden?

Comment

"Mary Trump says her uncle will go 'farther than you can possibly imagine' to hold onto power if he loses the election as he's afraid of prosecution."

https://news.yahoo.com/mary-trump-sa...121717300.html

Comment

There goes whiny nine throwing out polls, like they mean something. Guess the demoncrats didn't learn much abut polls in 2016. We will see.
                  At this point, I think polls are about as irrelevant as whiny nine, and the bandicoot blog he is addicted to.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    "Mary Trump says her uncle will go 'farther than you can possibly imagine' to hold onto power if he loses the election as he's afraid of prosecution."

https://news.yahoo.com/mary-trump-sa...121717300.html
                    You really amaze me ! Just shaking my head realizing I’m losing brain cells reading your nonsense .

Comment

A Democratic sweep this election cycle would bring a faster recovery to the job market than a Republican one, according to a new analysis, adding millions of more jobs, shrinking the unemployment rate faster, and boosting the number of workers in the labor force higher.

https://money.yahoo.com/democratic-s...205257231.html
                      Last edited by 99explorer; 09-25-2020, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                        Rock Rat what is your opinion on Biden?
                        Extreme dislike of his policies over the years, offshoring, banking, pro business neo lib. He's probably charming like Bush. He is having some problems with age and Harris would take over, and Harris is a 100% bought neo lib. Harris is scary.

Both Harris and Biden and the woke side of the D party are very pro immigrant, it's great for business, did I mention the Chamber of Commerce backs him. 3/4 of Wall Street donations are for Biden. They are reflexively anti gun. They are all about supporting BLM, and CRT.

The good side is he would strengthen the ACA, and sign a minimum wage increase. Also probably do some good environmentally (but not enough).

99 I too think Trump figures he has lost the election but just might squeak by with some action at the Supremes. Trump has very good polsters, as do the Dems. They don't publish the polls they pay for. Pollsters and focus groups drill down into the reasons for things and hopefully give an informed picture of things.

One good thing about conservative judges is that they are a lot less partisan than one might think. Trump can't fire them.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          A Democratic sweep this election cycle would bring a faster recovery to the job market than a Republican one, according to a new analysis, adding millions of more jobs, shrinking the unemployment rate faster, and boosting the number of workers in the labor force higher.

https://money.yahoo.com/democratic-s...205257231.html
                          Lol sure it would ! Get the Globe this week you will other real news as well.

Comment

"Fake news" is a cop out.
                            I used it once myself to avoid doing research.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad