Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

biden corruption! This is some serious stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pmacc -
    You should have cited the kneeling cop as an example of bad cop instead of leaving it up to us to decide.

Comment

Why do you talk nonsense all the time?

Do you really believe the bull honk you throw or are you just trying to troll?

Comment

There are people on this forum who feel the need to defend the kneeling cop, saying that Floyd was high on drugs and that is what killed him.
        They question the right of anyone to second-guess the police in a violent environment.
        I am in a police family and my law enforcement kin do NOT side with the kneeling cop.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Pmacc -
          You should have cited the kneeling cop as an example of bad cop instead of leaving it up to us to decide.
          99 no one condoned that action , it made me sick to watch! Some said it was the drugs and condition of Floyd that was responsible for his death but I’m not one of those people who excuses the action of all the officers in this case.
          Last edited by Pmacc60; 09-27-2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

From the bandicoot: "I am in a police family and my law enforcement kin do NOT side with the kneeling cop."

What is it about slimy nine that makes me doubt the veracity of that statement? I don't doubt that a lot of law enforcement does not side with the kneeling cop, but from a law enforcement family? Posting the nonsense and utter stupidity he posts? Nah.

Comment

I receive a plastic membership card in the NYPD Captains Endowment Association every year that I carry in my wallet as proof of my membership in police family.
              I call it my "get out of jail free" card, but I have never had to show it to anyone.

Comment

As long as a suspect is combative* or thrashing around**, they are a danger to themselves, the police and the public.

*Jacob Blake
                **Freddy Grey

Comment

I was not present at the Floyd issue, so I can not say just how much pressure was involved with the knee on the neck ! It is obvious it is there, but to what extent ? We can read anything into a photo, or into what our bias tells us to think, and that can go both ways ! But, it still boils down to one thing, directions were not followed, and what would have been the outcome if they would have been ? He was in the wrong and it led to someone else being in the crap because of it......end of story !!!

Comment

These are just two of our members who believe that a criminal suspect has no rights with regard to life or death.

Comment

From the bandicoot, who is a hoot!: "I receive a plastic membership card in the NYPD Captains Endowment Association every year that I carry in my wallet as proof of my membership in police family.I call it my "get out of jail free" card, but I have never had to show it to anyone."

Yep. Know exactly what you mean, slimy nine. For a contribution to some Sherriff's, police, State Trooper's association, benevolent fund, survivors account fund, what the hell ever, you get a plastic card and a window sticker. About as much use as tits on a tomcat. Your $25, $35 or $50 goes into the pockets of whomever is running the phone or mail in scam, and very little, or nothing, ever reaches a police fund for anything.
                      I wouldn't try using that card for anything, because if a knowledgeable LEO has you detained, he will only continue to write the ticket, or put you in handcuffs, all the time grinning about how stupid you are.
                      Of much greater use is the reserve deputy's ID I used to carry back in the days when I lived in Oklahoma and the County sheriff was a good friend, and occasionally needed some horse or dog expertise, or just a tip about some
                      activity in somewhat remote areas of the county.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                        From the bandicoot, who is a hoot!: "I receive a plastic membership card in the NYPD Captains Endowment Association every year that I carry in my wallet as proof of my membership in police family.I call it my "get out of jail free" card, but I have never had to show it to anyone."

Yep. Know exactly what you mean, slimy nine. For a contribution to some Sherriff's, police, State Trooper's association, benevolent fund, survivors account fund, what the hell ever, you get a plastic card and a window sticker. About as much use as tits on a tomcat. Your $25, $35 or $50 goes into the pockets of whomever is running the phone or mail in scam, and very little, or nothing, ever reaches a police fund for anything.
                        I wouldn't try using that card for anything, because if a knowledgeable LEO has you detained, he will only continue to write the ticket, or put you in handcuffs, all the time grinning about how stupid you are.
                        Of much greater use is the reserve deputy's ID I used to carry back in the days when I lived in Oklahoma and the County sheriff was a good friend, and occasionally needed some horse or dog expertise, or just a tip about some
                        activity in somewhat remote areas of the county.

Had a group call me once wanting a donation to the TSTA (Texas State Troopers Assoc).
                        Told them, "Sure! I'll donate $20! Send a DPS officer out here and I give it to him personally!"

That was over 30 years ago. Apparently, that state trooper is now retired because I never saw him.

P.S. Texas doesn't have "state troopers". They have DPS officers.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "P.S. Texas doesn't have "state troopers". They have DPS officers."

You are indeed correct, #1 Bubba. However, Oklahoma has the OHP, which are normally referred to as troopers, among themselves and by most other LEOs. I am actually seeing some Texas DPS cars now with STATE TROOPER across the trunk cover.

Comment

If you are ever stopped by a Texas state trooper, and you offer to buy tickets to the state troopers' ball, they will tell you that the state troopers don't have balls.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                              From #1 Bubba: "P.S. Texas doesn't have "state troopers". They have DPS officers."

You are indeed correct, #1 Bubba. However, Oklahoma has the OHP, which are normally referred to as troopers, among themselves and by most other LEOs. I am actually seeing some Texas DPS cars now with STATE TROOPER across the trunk cover.
                              I have noticed that.
                              I think the actual term for their position would indeed be "state trooper", but for whatever the reason, the term "state trooper" never really stuck.
                              Texas Rangers (not the baseball team!) are recruited only from the ranks of the DPS.

Oldest worked for Troup G over at Lawton, Ok for awhile but their chief was a real piece of work and by that time, the kid was tired of dead bodies, MVA's, drunks and getting shot at.
                              No mo' LEO!
                              Got into a safer line of work.
                              The "awl patch"!
                              Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-27-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Like wise in Michigan, the state police are called troopers. Our sheriff LEO’s are called deputies and most of the city ‘cops’ are referred to as ‘dip sticks’, pretty much on the low end of the food chain !!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad