Clear All

Chasing spam!

Comment

Chasing spam!

Comment

Yeah, 06. Me too!

Comment

WOW!
          Sen. L. Graham (R-SC) Head of the Judiciary Committee just set liberal heads on fire! Not just their hair! THEIR ENTIRE HEAD!

The Senate has enough votes to confirm Trump's SCOTUS pick well B-E-F-O-R-E the election!
          Can't wait to see what kind of garbage Sen. K. Harris (D-CA) and other tic'd off (D)s throw out.
          You know as a member of the Judiciary Committee, Harris "MUST" attend Judiciary Committee confirmation hearings!
          LMBO!

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...ction-n2576633

Comment

Well, I will believe it when I see it. Lightfoot lindsey graham can talk real tough, has been talking tough, and keeps on talking, and talking and talking. But.....and this is a big but,.... I ain't seen no action yet!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
              Well, I will believe it when I see it. Lightfoot lindsey graham can talk real tough, has been talking tough, and keeps on talking, and talking and talking. But.....and this is a big but,.... I ain't seen no action yet!
              Won't disagree, but Trump has to make the appointment first.

I really think when the protestors went to "Lightfoot's" house merely to irritate him, I think he got his mad on.

Comment

So far, Collins (R-ME) and Murkowski (R-AK) are the only holdouts.
                ...and they aren't considering that Manchin (D-WV) and Jones (D-AL) are both considering backing Trump's nominee for SCOTUS.
                Looks like McConnell (R-KY) and Graham (R-SC) have everything they need to succeed.
                Looks like the path to SCOTUS for the upcoming nominee will be even shorter than what RBG experienced.
                Trump is even retweeting McEnany's idea for not even holding a meeting, just a Senate floor vote!

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...has-the-votes/

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Amy_Coney_Barrett.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	749088Click image for larger version  Name:	Barbara-Lagoa-2019-Article-201911201633.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	749089
                  Amy Coney Barret (top) Barbara Lagoa

Here are the top two contenders. Both are certainly more attractive, and hopefully more politically aligned with We the People than rbg.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	Amy_Coney_Barrett.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	749088Click image for larger version Name:	Barbara-Lagoa-2019-Article-201911201633.jpg Views:	0 Size:	27.4 KB ID:	749089
                    Amy Coney Barret (top) Barbara Lagoa

Here are the top two contenders. Both are certainly more attractive, and hopefully more politically aligned with We the People than rbg.
                    Limbaugh started the "no hearing" idea. Trump retweeted it and McEnany carried the idea forward.
                    Sen. L. Graham (R-SC), bless his little pea-picking, cornbread eating heart, has decided, as Head of the Judiciary Committee, there WILL be a three day hearing! (???)
                    In her last Senate confirmation hearing, Barrett was raked over the coals by none other than Sen D. Feinstein (D-CA) and one Sen. K. Harris (D-CA).
                    Maybe Graham is giving Harris the opportunity to make an a$$ of herself again?

If they have enough votes, I WOULD NOT subject the nominee to that pack of (D) jackals.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "If they have enough votes, I WOULD NOT subject the nominee to that pack of (D) jackals."

I totally agree, Bubba, but lightfoot lindsey has got to have his little "moment of glory." I don't think anything feinstein or harris can say would rattle or provoke Amy Cony Barrett, she had been there, done that. I don't know near as much about Barbara Lagoa, but she is a Federal Judge, and I don't think eitheir of the witches could rattle her, either. Limbaugh seemed to think that Judge Lagoa might be slightly the favorite for the nomination. Either would seem to be a good pick, just hope they don't pull a john roberts and take a hard left turn. We will see.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "If they have enough votes, I WOULD NOT subject the nominee to that pack of (D) jackals."

I totally agree, Bubba, but lightfoot lindsey has got to have his little "moment of glory." I don't think anything feinstein or harris can say would rattle or provoke Amy Cony Barrett, she had been there, done that. I don't know near as much about Barbara Lagoa, but she is a Federal Judge, and I don't think eitheir of the witches could rattle her, either. Limbaugh seemed to think that Judge Lagoa might be slightly the favorite for the nomination. Either would seem to be a good pick, just hope they don't pull a john roberts and take a hard left turn. We will see.
                        Roberts claimed he was attempting to keep SCOTUS conservatively/liberally balanced, but "balancing" SCOTUS isn't/wasn't part of his "job description".

Comment

Now if we can just get Breyer to retire.

7-2 SCOTUS

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            Now if we can just get Breyer to retire.

7-2 SCOTUS
                            What are you talking about. The Democrats say it's time to pack the court Trump and Mitch should do what they say😁

Add 10 more conservatives justices!😉

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

What are you talking about. The Democrats say it's time to pack the court Trump and Mitch should do what they say😁

Add 10 more conservatives justices!😉
                              LMBO!
                              Even RBG was on record as favoring a nine justice court.

K.I.S.S.

I think there has only been one justice removed (I think?) from SCOTUS and that was in the early 1800's.
                              I think the (D)'s fear the repercussions of attempting to remove ANY justice from SCOTUS. I don't know why. Nothing else hokey seems to bother them. LOL!

There have been several attempts at changing the number of justices but they always go back to NINE (9).
                              The last big push was a SCOTUS of 11 to 15 justices by FDR.
                              SCOTUS kept declaring some of the legislation he wanted passed unConstitutional. Since removing a justice to replace them with "my guy" was unsavory at best, the next best thing was "pack" SCOTUS.
                              Add 2 to 6 justices, selecting only liberals.
                              Basic (D) SOP.
                              Legislate from the House or legislate from the bench.
                              Pass questionable rules (Obamacare comes to mind!) then have SCOTUS deem it Constitutional!

Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-23-2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Joe Biden is opposed to packing the court because he knows the GOP would retaliate by adding two more when they attain a majority again.
                                And so on until we have 67 justices on the court.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Moncef Slaoui, the top scientist advising the US government's Operation Warp Speed, predicted that more than 100 million Americans would be vaccinated...
                                  Today, 04:34 PM
                                • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                                  06-24-2020, 09:09 PM
                                • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                  by Ernie
                                  Yes, it takes a certain temperament, to be a moderator. But the ridiculous amount of spam on this site is embarrassing
                                  Today, 04:31 PM
                                • The Spam here is insane...
                                  by Ernie
                                  With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                                  I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                                  10-16-2020, 01:51 PM
                                • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Ernie, I've joined a couple of "sites" that has "on forum moderators".
                                  Sadly, I'm the one who got censored for a very innocuous...
                                  Today, 04:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X