• Show
Clear All

• Rip -rbg

2020 adding to it's bag of tricks.

May she rest in peace.

The (D)'s are going to go into orbit.

Comment

RIP, rbg.
      Everybody sit back and get ready for the three ring circus!

Comment

RBG. R.I.P.
        This is a good break for the country, but a bad break for Trump.
        He was counting on her living until after the election as a reason to reelect him.
        Which is why he showed us his short list of replacement candidates: to remind us that we need to reelect him to fill her vacancy.

Comment

I guess it might have to wait until after, due to a couple of Rs worried about re election. Murkowski and Collins. We'll know in a couple days. Trump has pretty much left SCOTUS decisions up to the Federalist Society and they pick good ones. Not predictable politically, but very good conservative judges.

Comment

It will be a circus!

Comment

Ted Cruz (R-TX) says he doesn't want the seat. He would be a great one.
              Tom Cotton (R-AR), at 43 years of age could keep SCOTUS "conservative" for thirty or more years.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                RBG. R.I.P.
                This is a good break for the country, but a bad break for Trump.
                He was counting on her living until after the election as a reason to reelect him.
                Which is why he showed us his short list of replacement candidates: to remind us that we need to reelect him to fill her vacancy.
                Let’s keep it real , we need to re-elect Trump for the economy , the first and second amendments . More importantly to keep the worst ticket excuse Biden/Harris In this countries history from being put in as the president . Yes I said it correctly first Biden then Harris! Talk all your nonsense but the conspiracy is real, let’s not let Joe talk and we can run the country as we wish! The libs got it all figured out , Covid may be real but it’s real convenient for this election. Limit the access to Joe and keep the old adage “ Better to remain silent and be thought a fool Than to speak and remove all doubt”

Comment

RBG Rest In Peace.
                  All it needs to be is 50 + Pence.
                  Collins and Murkowski doesn't matter. GOP has 53 plus Pence.

Every six years they say Collins is going to lose yet she wins every time.

And she votes for conservative nominees.

Comment

Collins didn't say she wouldn't vote for a conservative, but she is adamant about not voting until after the inauguration.

Comment

Doesn't matter what she wants. Again she would be foolish not to vote for a nominee.
                      She needs not just moderate votes in Maine but Conservative also.
                      50 plus Pence.

If the shoe were on the other foot Schumer would ram nominee through. I do admire the Democrats they play for keeps while GOP is bunch of weak old ladies.

Comment

Schumer couldn't wait to get political.
                        Last edited by Danbo; 09-19-2020, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                          Schumer could wait to get political.
                          "couldn't?"

After reading an article, I'm of the mindset that Trump should give RBG the respect of one week, then announce a replacement and have McConnell move forward with confirmation.
                          McConnell should have as many votes as it takes to fill the seat.
                          If, and that's a great big "IF", Biden should happen to win, the (D)'s will pull out all the stops to halt the confirmation until Biden takes office.
                          Myrick Garland is still a bone in the (D)'s gullet!

If Cruz won't take the seat, as bad as I'd hate to see Cotton leave the Senate, I sure think he would make a jim dandy justice!
                          Besides, if Trump wins and Breyer, Sotomayor or Roberts should fall by the wayside (I don't think Kagan will be going anywhere, anytime soon!), maybe Cruz will be more receptive to the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

"couldn't?"

After reading an article, I'm of the mindset that Trump should give RBG the respect of one week, then announce a replacement and have McConnell move forward with confirmation.
                            McConnell should have as many votes as it takes to fill the seat.
                            If, and that's a great big "IF", Biden should happen to win, the (D)'s will pull out all the stops to halt the confirmation until Biden takes office.
                            Myrick Garland is still a bone in the (D)'s gullet!

If Cruz won't take the seat, as bad as I'd hate to see Cotton leave the Senate, I sure think he would make a jim dandy justice!
                            Besides, if Trump wins and Breyer, Sotomayor or Roberts should fall by the wayside (I don't think Kagan will be going anywhere, anytime soon!), maybe Cruz will be more receptive to the idea.
                            I corrected my post.

https://twitter.com/guntalk/status/1...849656320?s=21

Cocaine Mitch is going to hammer it through. If the Dimwits controlled the Senate like The GOP did in 2016 they could use that rule. But they don't👍

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                              Doesn't matter what she wants. Again she would be foolish not to vote for a nominee.
                              She needs not just moderate votes in Maine but Conservative also.
                              50 plus Pence.

If the shoe were on the other foot Schumer would ram nominee through. I do admire the Democrats they play for keeps while GOP is bunch of weak old ladies.
                              I don't think the GOP is a bunch of, "weak old ladies".
                              I think they're just trying to play by the rules, but dealing with a bunch of backstabbing, underhanded, cut throat, cheating liars like the (D)'s, there is a big difference between "fair" and "by the rules".
                              The (D)'s are the punch drunk that realizes he's beaten, but refuses to stay down. The (R)'s have GOT to land a KO punch.
                              Shoving Trump's SCOTUS pick through would be that wooden stake to the heart of the (D)'s.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad