Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    From Danbo: "Your efforts are not working!"

No, they are not! I have put around 30 bots on my ignore list, and it grows daily. JHJimbo has the idea that Bonnier Corp. is contracting their IT service. I they are, they aren't getting much for their money.
    You would think they would check🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Comment

What do they want? Just trouble making bed wetters in their parents basement? Anti hunting protesters? They aren't trying to sell anything real.

I know! They're bed wetting anti hunting adolescents, without any adult supervision.

Comment

I got sick of this spam!

Comment

Easiest thing is to put the spammers on your ignore list, so you don't see them. What we have been doing, posting the "pushing spam" posts, just adds to the clutter on the topic list that interests us. I know it is a PITA to add the bots to the ignore list, but at least you can see a topic in the clear on your pages.
          Could be, Bonnier likes the activity on the blog as reckoned by the computer count, which does not differentiate between spam and legitimate posts. Just shows high user participation. Only thing I can figure out, because in the past, Natalie Krebs would take care of this in one-two days, max.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Your efforts are not working!
            Stop expecting an 18 carat "Sweetheart" cut diamond.
            At least we have pea sized turquoise beads!
            The "ignore list" thingie works better than the "pushing spam" bs did! LOL!

Comment

I've blocked 51 names, so far. None are the TDS sufferers.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                I've blocked 51 names, so far. None are the TDS sufferers.
                Got no idea how many I've blocked, but it's been a buttload of them.

Comment

Is anyone even doing anything. I still see spammers that should have been deleted already.
                  I usually hit the latest activity button and scroll threw the political posts but I can’t even do that with 34 pages of spam. Looks like I’m done for now. Good luck to those who really like this site. It may be getting shut down or it’s spam forever cause I don’t think they care.

Comment

I think it's time to poke Mr. Kearns, again. Every day I delete 3 spammers. Today, one at7:20 P.M. That's the fourth. They aren't being deterred, I've blocked 58 names, on my screen 60+ pages in just the Other forum. Can you imagine the amount of storage the spammers are filling up on this site. I think it's done. The site, I mean, by attrition, nobody at the top cares.

Comment

I imagine the folks on the F&S masthead care but aren't getting any approval or support from the big bosses at Bonnier. Can't give any info as to what's up without putting their job on the line either.

Comment

I sent an email to Mr. Kearns this morning and py golly, things are happening! Spam is coming off, starting at the top of the page.

Dad blammit! They'reback . A new one is posting right now.

Nope, they got that one, too.
                        Last edited by franchi20; 09-30-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

The spam is all gone.
                          Thank you, Mr Kearns.
                          Thank you, franchi20.

Comment

From franchi20: "I sent an email to Mr. Kearns this morning and py golly, things are happening! Spam is coming off, starting at the top of the page.

Dad blammit! They're back . A new one is posting right now.

franchi20, I thought you wrote that they got all the spam? whiny nine is still up here, so obviously not a clean sweep! Sometimes I just can't help myself! ROFLMAO!!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                              From franchi20: "I sent an email to Mr. Kearns this morning and py golly, things are happening! Spam is coming off, starting at the top of the page.

Dad blammit! They're back . A new one is posting right now.

franchi20, I thought you wrote that they got all the spam? whiny nine is still up here, so obviously not a clean sweep! Sometimes I just can't help myself! ROFLMAO!!
                              Whiney nine isn't really "spam" is he?
                              I consider him "potted meat"!
                              Goo in a can!

Comment

Too soon. I just checked in and one of the bastidges at work in Hunting.

Wrong again! The guy caught the new spammer. I don't know who's working this cleanup but he or she is on it. The spammers put in names that went unused and unnoticed, laying in wait.
                                Last edited by franchi20; 09-30-2020, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad