No announcement yet.

Spam, spam, spam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I spent some time and found out that we aren't limited to the gray box for ignoring names. I just kept adding names, made 5 lines, and lost 40 - 50 pages in the 3 forums I kept track of. I've given up on Bonnier people until things get back to normal. So, keep ignoring the bastidges, we'll find out how many names it takes to max out the account page.
    Last edited by franchi20; 09-23-2020, 05:30 PM. Reason: Spell correct

Comment

Block anyone who posts comments that make Trump look like a clown, such as this:

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-mocks-b...235745482.html

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
        Well, I spent some time and found out that we aren't limited to the gray box for ignoring names. I just kept adding names, made 5 lines, and lost 40 - 50 pages in the 3 forums I kept track of. I've given up on Bonnier people until things get back to normal. So, keep ignoring the bastidges, we'll find out how many names it takes to max out the account page.
        Good to know franchi20! Thanks.
        I'll give it a whirl.

Comment

This is the kind of stuff you want to block:

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
            This is the kind of stuff you want to block:
            It wasn't there until you put it there. So, I should bock you?

Comment

If you want all your news from Trrump-friendly sources, you want to block me.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                If you want all your news from Trrump-friendly sources, you want to block me.
                I get my information from the local newspaper (Gannett owned, seriously left), local news/talk radio seriously right, and local TV CBS affiliate media left leaning but knowing where they are, tamp it down some. Interweb sources are very unreliable and are notoriously biased and can be quoted to support any point.
                Last edited by franchi20; 09-23-2020, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                  I figure I have room for 2 more names on the ignore list, if they're not too long. It appears tomorrow I'll have to get a little more aggressive in my emails to Mr. Kearns. He's an important man in the organization and puts his email address in each issue, so I don't want to burn bridges.

This has gone on for almost a month. We need better service.
                  Is Natalie still there ?

Why doesn't Colin give a couple of us limited access just enough to control spam ?

Comment

Giving members access to delete spam is a dangerous thing.
                    It would surely be abused.
                    Natalie is still there, but this is not her job.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Is Natalie still there ?

Why doesn't Colin give a couple of us limited access just enough to control spam ?
                      I posted earlier about what seems to be unlimited blocking on your account site. It has freed up a whole bunch. It would be a nightmare if this what we have to do to keep this site any where near what it was. When you consider what this site was 5 years ago, I prefer that over what it is now.

Comment

It's an election year, and it hurts to see stuff like this:

"More than 200 retired generals, admirals endorse Biden, including some who served under Trump."

https://news.yahoo.com/more-200-reti...093007165.html

Comment

I've blocked 44 names making 5 1/2 lines and getting rid of 60 pages on Other alone. Just by using the ignore feature, but it takes time. Those pages went back to the second week in August.

Comment

Good.
                            Then you won't see this.

"Vote him out!"

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-rbg-cas...154504775.html

Comment

Originally posted by greatoutdoors View Post
                              Hello everyone. On behalf of the Bonnier Corp. / Field & Stream team, I apologize for the proliferation of spam throughout the forums. We are actively working to remove the spam posts and users who are responsible. As of 9:45 EDT Sept. 15, I hope that you are already seeing an improvement. We'll continue to address this problem until fully resolved.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty, and please know that we are working to ensure a better user experience!
                              Your efforts are not working!

Comment

From Danbo: "Your efforts are not working!"

No, they are not! I have put around 30 bots on my ignore list, and it grows daily. JHJimbo has the idea that Bonnier Corp. is contracting their IT service. I they are, they aren't getting much for their money.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad