No announcement yet.

Spam, spam, spam!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. On behalf of the Bonnier Corp. / Field & Stream team, I apologize for the proliferation of spam throughout the forums. We are actively working to remove the spam posts and users who are responsible. As of 9:45 EDT Sept. 15, I hope that you are already seeing an improvement. We'll continue to address this problem until fully resolved.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty, and please know that we are working to ensure a better user experience!

Comment

franchi20: "Just normally cranky, and I'm working on getting crankier. Gotta have goals."

Yep, I'm working on those goals too. The Bookkeeper says I have the patience of a gnat.
      "With age comes wisdom, with wisdom, one gets impatient!" crm3006

Comment

Originally posted by greatoutdoors View Post
        Hello everyone. On behalf of the Bonnier Corp. / Field & Stream team, I apologize for the proliferation of spam throughout the forums. We are actively working to remove the spam posts and users who are responsible. As of 9:45 EDT Sept. 15, I hope that you are already seeing an improvement. We'll continue to address this problem until fully resolved.

Thank you for your patience and loyalty, and please know that we are working to ensure a better user experience!
        Indeed, there is a great improvement, but they're still at it this morning.

Comment

I just checked and 2 of the farging bastidges are logged on right now.

Comment

Persistent little bass turds, aren't they? Like fire ants, they just keep popping up.

Comment

Originally posted by greatoutdoors View Post

Thank you.

Comment

More spam? I thought it was taking care of?

Comment

Man, I am sick of this

Comment

I had another email chat with Mr. Kearns this morning and he is well aware of the problem, but staff cuts have limited the manpower available.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                      Persistent little bass turds, aren't they? Like fire ants, they just keep popping up.
                      That's what I call a "beaver pond"!
                      It's just one dam thing after another! πŸ˜€!

Comment

# 1 Bubba: "It's just one dam thing after another! πŸ˜€!"

Yep. Even when Natalie used to deal with this blight and plague, I remember it didn't happen over night. Let's give Mr. Kearns some time, even though I have been accused of having the patience of a gnat. Probably an email every once in a while might remind the folks that there is still a problem.

Comment

How hard is it to ban some members and delete their posts. It should have been gone already. I moderate other forums and it’s not that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post
                            How hard is it to ban some members and delete their posts. It should have been gone already. I moderate other forums and it’s not that hard.
                            I don't think it's so much banning someone as the "bots" are like a virus.
                            The instant they feel compromised, they morph into another identity and they're off and running again.
                            Kinda like stomping cockroaches. The more you stomp, the more show up.

Comment

At one time today, one "bot" was making posts as quickly as I could "Dismiss" the Notifications!

There is still plenty "spam" to go around, but it does seem to be diminishing somewhat.

Keep working at it Mr. Kearns!
                              I think you're beginning to gain some ground! LOL! πŸ‘!

Comment

I hate spam!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad