• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam, spam, spam!

This just in, @ 09:37 15 Sep 2020-

Colin Kearns <[email protected]>
    To: "[email protected]
    Subject: Re: [webmaster] Field and Stream Questions and Answers Contact Us Form - Site Feedback
    Date: Sep 15, 2020 9:37 AM

Thanks for your note. We are working on it and hope to resolve this quickly.
    The following message was sent to you via the Field and Stream Questions and Answers Contact Us form by (
    [email protected])

From crm 3006: "|Is there nothing you care to do about the constant artillery barrage of spam on this website? The users, what few are left, are already giving up and going to other sites, or just plain quitting. Does Bonnier Corporation care so little about this website that they will not make the effort to eliminate and shut down the spam choking all categories?"

I hope they will finally get something done, but at lest we now have a person to contact. I think Natalie is gone.

Well done. I got the same message from him after emailing this morning. He is the only sraff member to put an email address in the magazine. Other email routes resulted in a big nothing. I was afraid I went too high up the masthead.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
      Well done. I got the same message from him after emailing this morning. He is the only sraff member to put an email address in the magazine. Other email routes resulted in a big nothing. I was afraid I went too high up the masthead.
      Is there even a "masthead"? 👀!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Is there even a "masthead"? 👀!
        Yup, it's the list of editorial staff and contributors on the contents page of the print edition.

Comment

From #1 Bubba: "Is there even a "masthead"? 👀!"

I just emailed the "contact us" on the bottom of the page, but a few more emails to the Colin Kearns <[email protected]> from a few more site members might get a quicker result.

Comment

I sent an email to Natalie Krebs this morning, but got no reply (yet).

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post

I just emailed the "contact us" on the bottom of the page, but a few more emails to the Colin Kearns <[email protected]> from a few more site members might get a quicker result.
              Good job CRM, thanks!
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Thanks much CRM... I really hope they can get this under control and that we don't have to give up on the site once and for all.

Comment

Oooooh yeah, they're on it. More GD spam this afternoon. Nobody at Bonnier gives a rat's ass about this site. They've prolly already got their severance checks.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post

Just emailed Mr. Kearns.
                    He replied and said they were "on it".

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Just emailed Mr. Kearns.
                      He replied and said they were "on it".
                      That was the point of my last post. Just platitudes while nothing changes.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

That was the point of my last post. Just platitudes while nothing changes.

But I could be wrong.
                        franchi20, awhile back, we went through a spate of this "spam-a-lot" invasion.
                        They (Bonnier?) would clear it up and we'd suddenly be hit with another wave.
                        It took about 3 or 4 "cleanings" to purge the site of the "plague"! LOL!

Bonnier has finally acknowledged the presence of a problem. Let's give them a chance to work it out.
                        Those guys (virus) can be tough to get rid of.

Comment

franchi20- Like #1 Bubba says, it may take awhile. I am willing to give them a few days, because this crap kind of spam is obviously sent by bots, and they can be tough to block. They have automatic "block avoidance radar" or some such contraption.

Comment

Ya know, you're prolly right. I looked back and it was 5 years come December that the great spam wars were fought. Back then, there was someone who's job was surveillance on the site and it took a while. Just normally cranky, and I'm working on getting crankier. Gotta have goals.

Comment

Ya know, you're prolly right. I looked back and it was 5 years come December that the great spam wars were fought. Back then, there was someone who's job was surveillance on the site and it took a while. Just normally cranky, and I'm working on getting crankier. Gotta have goals.
                              Geez, these days if you ain't a bit cranky, you ain't aware of what's happening! LOL!
                              I call mine, "OFS"! 😉!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad