X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I was thinking of a small spool like a fishing line spool that would stick on the back of a meter with velcro. Then on the exposed side, after winding the leads around, the spool would have a two place protected holder for the probes. The wire should be a measured length so the probes end up in line with the holder. A fancy one would have a spring loaded spool like a tape measure to retract the leads. The leads should be made together for easy winding, except at the ends.
    I guess that depends on what you're testing. Sometimes the contacts being checked are a ways apart from each other. Leads made together except at ends wouldn't work (I also hate dealing with the birds nests from tangled leads). What I find most cumbersome is positioning the meter where you can read it. Set it on something that's vibrating and it walks away or falls over the edge. Or I have to get my face down to where bifocals can read the meter and hands lose contact with what I'm checking. Can't watch both at once. How about a blue tooth sort of thing that sends a digital readout from meter in a holster to a small screen on a wrist band? Maybe someone already makes one?

The wind up hooks for leads on outside of holster is an excellent idea (surely someone already makes one?). A flap over the top of holster might keep things in order.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-15-2020, 11:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I have about 5 or 6 meters, been stuck a few times and always a pain to wind the leads. My Triplett has a case that holds the leads and probes but you just stuff it in the case.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Jim, that's definitely needed. I'm like most people and just wrap the leads around the meter when I'm in the field. But, there's some tool pouches that can help. One is the ToughBuilt...

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Produ...iABEgL1KfD_BwE

"The ToughBuilt Meter/Tester Pouch transforms how professional electricians carry their meter. The patented ClipTech Hub allows this pouch to clip on and off any belt. Works great alone, or combined with any ClipTech tool belt or Electrician Pouch.

"This pouch is designed for the ever-changing needs of the professional electrician. A cover flap protects both the meter and leads. With rugged construction and heavy-duty rivet reinforcement this reliable pouch withstands the most rigorous working conditions.
    Features:
    • Cliptech Pouch Clips On & Off Any Belt
    • Cliptech Hub Included
    • Meter And Leads Pockets
    • Heavy-Duty Construction With Rivet Reinforcement
    • 5 Pockets And Loops
    I was thinking of a small spool like a fishing line spool that would stick on the back of a meter with velcro. Then on the exposed side, after winding the leads around, the spool would have a two place protected holder for the probes. The wire should be a measured length so the probes end up in line with the holder. A fancy one would have a spring loaded spool like a tape measure to retract the leads. The leads should be made together for easy winding, except at the ends.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-15-2020, 10:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    PH, When you have some idle time in your brain see if you can come up with a design for an accessory for a VOM meter that would hold the leads in a neat way and fit on a variety of shapes of hand held meters. I have been thinking of this for some time and so far no go.
    Jim, that's definitely needed. I'm like most people and just wrap the leads around the meter when I'm in the field. But, there's some tool pouches that can help. One is the ToughBuilt...

https://www.techtoolsupply.com/Produ...iABEgL1KfD_BwE

"The ToughBuilt Meter/Tester Pouch transforms how professional electricians carry their meter. The patented ClipTech Hub allows this pouch to clip on and off any belt. Works great alone, or combined with any ClipTech tool belt or Electrician Pouch.

"This pouch is designed for the ever-changing needs of the professional electrician. A cover flap protects both the meter and leads. With rugged construction and heavy-duty rivet reinforcement this reliable pouch withstands the most rigorous working conditions.
    Features:
    • Cliptech Pouch Clips On & Off Any Belt
    • Cliptech Hub Included
    • Meter And Leads Pockets
    • Heavy-Duty Construction With Rivet Reinforcement
    • 5 Pockets And Loops

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The latest rumors on the pandemic.
    They have just discovered that drinking cow urine protects against COVID-19.
    Who'd have thunk it?

And being able to hold your breath for ten seconds proves you would test negative for the coronavirrus.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I love it when I have these guys on the ropes, with each one hoping the other will bail them out.
    Hey CRM, have you heard any good conspiracy theories lately?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Keep it up.
    We are still waiting for an answer to my question in comment #56.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey, #1 Bubba, what those two clowns do know about anything wouldn't fill a sewing thimble!
    I was just trying to be kind! 😂!🤣!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I love posting factual comments that can only be answered by personal insults from the other side.
    It's like taking candy from a baby!

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey, #1 Bubba, what those two clowns do know about anything wouldn't fill a sewing thimble!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
    Yes or no.
    No speeches and no insults.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in the election campaign.
    Trump is showing signs of desperation,

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-gives-c...234004690.html
    Newsweek again? When did that magazine become a tabloid gossip rag? Used to be a reputable outfit.
    ---------------------
    What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble.

Newsweek crossed over to the liberal "darkside" long ago.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Honker -
    The print media has been suffering for years.
    Desperate times, desperate measures.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    PH, When you have some idle time in your brain see if you can come up with a design for an accessory for a VOM meter that would hold the leads in a neat way and fit on a variety of shapes of hand held meters. I have been thinking of this for some time and so far no go.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Back on topic, we see that misinformation about Harris's citizenship status is playing a major role in the election campaign.
    Trump is showing signs of desperation,

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-gives-c...234004690.html
    Newsweek again? When did that magazine become a tabloid gossip rag? Used to be a reputable outfit.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad