16 Years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 Years

So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population Does not sound right to me. What is this the United States of Minorities ?

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population Does not sound right to me. What is this the United States of Minorities ?

Your logic escapes me. First, vice presidents don't control anything. The only time they show up to take the chair in the Senate is to break a tie vote. That's the sum total of their Constitutional power. Second, there's certainly no guarantee Joe and/or Kamala will get reelected in 2024. And finally, Obama was president eight of the 231 years the US has had presidents. Thus for only 3.4% of the total presidential years the White House has been occupied by someone other than a white male. Looks to me like the minorities and women have some catching up to do.

Racism is not logical. It's a disease. You've got the bug pretty bad. Cure is available on any given Sunday.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

For those who have not read many of my posts, I only comment on what I see. I am not racist, except in a sense I do support the white condition without being a nazi or supremacy nut.
      My conclusion on this Grand Experiment is you can not push or legislate people into 'one' if those people do not want to participate. That goes for any race or nationality. People like to hang with their own kind. These are just my observations.

Comment

For those who have not read many of my posts, I only comment on what I see. I am not racist, except in a sense I do support the white condition without being a nazi or supremacy nut.
        My conclusion on this Grand Experiment is you can not push or legislate people into 'one' if those people do not want to participate. That goes for any race or nationality. People like to hang with their own kind. These are just my observations.
        "... not a racist except in that I support the white condition without being a nazi or white supremacy nut." So you are a racist, just not a bad one. Is there such thing as a good or even a harmless racist? There is a very old answer to that question. Old as the Bible ... and the theory of evolution.

Take a gander at the Parable of the Good Samaratan. In response to the Golden Rule commandment, the question put to Christ was "Who is my neighbour." Understand that the Samaratans were a race/religious group of people who were reviled and hated by both Jews and Christian's. Samaratans worshipped a false god, they had a false "saviour" running around curing people, they collaborated with the Roman's, they were involved in the murder of John the Babtist. The answer, shocking as it must have been for Christ's listeners, was that ALL people are your neighbour. Care for them as you would want them to care for you. Hanging with your own kind is not what he was talking about. It's what he was talking against. It's what got him killed.

Racism is a natural animal instinct. It's what helped us evolve into what we are today. It's our "original sin" if you will. But we stopped being animals a long, long time ago. We now have the power to fly across oceans, cure incurable diseases, and make life in a petri dish. More importantly we have the ability to destroy all life on earth ... several times over. By primitive standards we are now gods. And yet we still choose to be governed by primitive animal instincts? That's not going to work. We have too much power now. It's too dangerous. That's the significance of the instructions given to us two thousand years ago. So, be a guppy in the bowl that attacks and eats the ones who have lost a fin and swim different. I'm better than that. I'm no longer an animal. I am ready to accept the responsibilities evolution and Christ have given me. If that makes me a "liberal" I'm fine with it. Christ is too. The future of the world is in better hands with people like me. Not so much with people like you.
        Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All she kept saying a million times was the words, "black woman". You and her might have a lot in common. She couldn't even catch the softball questions thrown by the Public Radio interviewer, questions about policy, background, experience, all she could talk about was race/gender. Most of us could care less if she were a flaming trans whatever with green skin. It's what is she going to do for us that's important.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
            Jimbo this morning I heard a woman interviewed on the radio, she was the state coordinator with the Kamala for President group during the primaries. All she kept saying a million times was the words, "black woman". You and her might have a lot in common. She couldn't even catch the softball questions thrown by the Public Radio interviewer, questions about policy, background, experience, all she could talk about was race/gender. Most of us could care less if she were a flaming trans whatever with green skin. It's what is she going to do for us that's important.
            I see an interesting piece up on CBC this morning that says Kamala would be a perfect fit for the Conservative party if she was running for office up here. She certainly has some not very liberal aspects. But hey, she's a Democrat so must be a flaming commie, blah, blah, blah. Blind partisinism is racism in a sheep's clothing. I look on it as self imposed stupidity. Wasted grey matter. What's incredible to me is that people with brains are actually proud of their political blind partisinism. "Look at me. I can't think for myself."

Comment

"... Racism is a natural animal instinct. ..."

Racism isn't a natural instinct, it's a societal construct.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                If she gets to carry out a fraction of HER agenda, you will be very disappointed. Even the Dems at the debate only gave her a 5% approval rating and she had to drop out. Lawyers who worked in the same area are coming forward with some scathing accounts of her capability.

Take away Trump's persona and he is the best administrator we have had since Ronald Reagan.
                Just look at his accomplishments and there are a lot more to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

I see an interesting piece up on CBC this morning that says Kamala would be a perfect fit for the Conservative party if she was running for office up here. She certainly has some not very liberal aspects. But hey, she's a Democrat so must be a flaming commie, blah, blah, blah. Blind partisinism is racism in a sheep's clothing. I look on it as self imposed stupidity. Wasted grey matter. What's incredible to me is that people with brains are actually proud of their political blind partisinism. "Look at me. I can't think for myself."
                  OHH, I totally disagree with you. That's a ridiculous statement that "Blind partisinism (sic) is racism in a sheep's clothing." Do you even realize that you are accusing yourself?

Several times lately I've provided a links and quotations from Biden's official web site. I have a deep fundamental disagreement with what the Democrats want to do on just about all of their policy issues. Thus, I will never vote for one of the vermin. That is not blind 'partisanism' but is instead based on research of the issues as well as in paying attention to what Democrats have said and done in the past.

I have no idea why you feel the need to pat yourself on the back so often for being 'intelligent' and 'enlightened'. It even seems that you now feel you're speaking for Christ too.

In essence, Joe Biden is incompetent and is probably the puppet of someone or some group. Kamala Harris is a liberal opportunist obviously seeking power. Both are playing to a base of left wing voters who are out of touch with the rest of us. Trump will win in a landslide.
                  Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    "... Racism is a natural animal instinct. ..."

Racism isn't a natural instinct, it's a societal construct.
                    Har, har. Nice try. And just what do you think drove earliest societal construction? Survival of the family unit/herd. It's ingrained in our DNA through evolution. Any anthropologist would tell you that. Guess you flunked Anthropology 101. Or maybe you missed that course during your extensive post secondary education? I didn't.
                    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen. We are all children of God. We are all supposed to be good neighbours. Wait ... have I offended you? Are you the one who is not Christian? Not that it matters to me. It's not supposed to matter anyway ... because I am a Christian.

Strange that an educated person would react so negatively to an intellectual and scientific explanation for one of humanity's most dangerous defects.
                      Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                        He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not constitute a life. Might be he has been alone too long.

Comment

I have the mad canadian blocked, all I know is he should get an apt. with a Psychiatrist.
                          He should get a life, shooting geese and pheasant do not constitute a life. Might be he has been alone too long.
                          Har, har, har. I need a life? Just shooting geese and pheasants doesn't constitute a life? Oops, you forgot about big bucks every year, African animals, fly fishing in Alaska, training hunting dogs, etc. And what does your so much more significant life consist of? Dusting off your gun collection, shooting paper targets, hunting from your butt on an ATV, writing endless radical right wing nonsense threads day after day, and fixing the wiring at deer camp (where you never seem to shoot any deer). Yep, that's some great life. I wouldn't trade mine for yours. Can you say the same?

So now I can't play on your playground any more. Oh my. And I'm the one who needs to see a psychiatrist? Har, har.
                          Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                            Pighunter: I don't need to speak for Christ. His message is clear enough and simple enough for anyone to grasp. There is no such thing as God's chosen. We are all children of God. We are all supposed to be good neighbours. Wait ... have I offended you? Are you the one who is not Christian? Not that it matters to me. It's not supposed to matter anyway ... because I am a Christian.

Strange that an educated person would react so negatively to an intellectual and scientific explanation for one of humanity's most dangerous defects.
                            You're right, I'm an Agnostic. But, I've been a Christian, Sunday School teacher, and lay preacher. With an hour's prep I could probably deliver a decent sermon on just about any New Testament passage... and sound convincing even if I don't believe it. I do find it interesting that you have developed your own theology that embraces evolution... I guess whatever cranks your tractor. I've never met two Christians who believed exactly the same anyways.

I do like your hunting stories and value your knowledge of using shotguns. What I find offensive is your superior attitude when it comes to politics, gun control, and the current President. You seem quick to dismiss legitimate points that you don't agree with.

As far as racism, just remember that I was born in Birmingham, AL and have lived most of my life within 30 minutes of downtown. I've been to Selma and have crossed the Edmund Pettis Bridge. I know people who were on both sides of the Civil Rights struggle back then. I am well aware of the history and have lived it for the last 60+ years, right in the heart.

Yes, at times I've been racist in thoughts and action and have no guilt about it. Likewise, I've got no guilt about having 5 great great grandfathers who fought for the South. Yes, I've also had racism directed at me for no reason other than my skin color. I don't consider it a defect since it is a conscious decision. Just because someone believes differently from you doesn't in itself make their thinking defective. Heck, that kind of reasoning could prove that Liberals are defective because of what they believe. I challenge you to scientifically prove to me that racism is a defect.

However, I'm willing to bet that compared to you, I've worked with, lived beside, and had more black friends than you in all your lifetime. I've worked shoulder to shoulder with black men and women in coal mines, papermills, and foundries. They've been my colleagues in engineering firms and when I was in sales. For four years, I led a ministry group of volunteers helping at women and children shelters in downtown Birmingham. It didn't make a damn to me what their skin color was.
                            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Pighunter: Someone on here some years back made a big deal about being Jewish and not caring for Christian morality shoved in his face. I couldn't remember if that was you. As I said, I didn't mean to offend a person's religious preference. It is not supposed to matter given mine.

It seems any time someone makes a thoughtful non conservative response in a political dialogue on here they are branded as having a "superior attitude." That elitist crap wears very thin with me. I have also done my time working at the mills and in the woods. Just because I worked hard to get a PhD, don't toe the NRA line against any and all gun control, and refuse to look the other way while Trump makes a fool of America on a daily basis, doesn't mean I'm a flaming snobby elitist liberal. I am my own person and proud of it.
                              Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-13-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad