Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Don't NEED

We may want, but we do not NEED.
    We don't need a female President just to have a female President. We especially don't need a black female President JUST to have a black female President. Could be a formula for disaster

What a stupid statement, jimbo!

If Joe Biden and Sarah Palin were on the ticket, who would you vote for? Joe Biden because he's white and male?
    What if the choice was Pete Buttigieg or Nikki Haley...or Condi Rice...or Candace Owens?

Stupid jimbo, just stupid.

Comment

I don't really agree with picking a vice-presidential nominee based on ethnicity or gender. It really bugged me that this was pegged for that from the beginning. What choice does the Democrat Party leaders have now but to pick a woman of colour? Otherwise they will alienate huge blocks of voters who are expecting a woman and someone of colour. I thought the governor of Connecticut would have been a bang-up choice. What a breath of fresh air in current politics! But unfortunately he is a white male. As for the three gals in the hunt, I don't know anything about the other two but Kamala seems to be able to present herself well. Thinks on her feet, careful what she says, thoughtful, engaging. Some statesmanship (what a change from Trump!). She seems bright enough. Actually has some real degrees behind her. Yeah, I know she opposes assault rifles. That doesn't bother me. Again, I expect if the gun lobby could give up extended magazines and agree to federal possession licenses and testing (which would free up gun purchases without FFA dealers and background checks every single time - a better deal for us), that would satisfy the anti-AR crowd without getting rid of the black guns. I think it is time to start considering some concessions. Especially now with the NRA on the ropes. Let's face it, Trump has pretty much single-handedly destroyed the Republican party. Had Clinton got in (as she should have), the Republicans would be stronger today. Now it's going to be a liberal free-for-all for a long time. Blame yourselves for that. Don't blame the media or the swamp or White House leaks, or whatever. Trump makes an idiot of himself by himself on a daily basis. Blame social media ... for allowing Americans to see what an incompetent boob the man really is. Yeah, blame Twitter. It's their fault. Blame everyone but the blind partisan fools who voted that unbalanced jerk into office.
      Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-10-2020, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
        I don't really agree with picking a vice-presidential nominee based on ethnicity or gender. It really bugged me that this was pegged for that from the beginning. What choice does the Democrat Party leaders have now but to pick a woman of colour? Otherwise they will alienate huge blocks of voters who are expecting a woman and someone of colour. I thought the governor of Connecticut would have been a bang-up choice. What a breath of fresh air in current politics! But unfortunately he is a white male. As for the three gals in the hunt, I don't know anything about the other two but Kamala seems to be able to present herself well. Thinks on her feet, careful what she says, thoughtful, engaging. Some statesmanship (what a change from Trump!). She seems bright enough. Actually has some real degrees behind her. Yeah, I know she opposes assault rifles. That doesn't bother me. Again, I expect if the gun lobby could give up extended magazines and agree to federal possession licenses and testing (which would free up gun purchases without FFA dealers and background checks every single time - a better deal for us), that would satisfy the anti-AR crowd without getting rid of the black guns. I think it is time to start considering some concessions. Especially now with the NRA on the ropes. Let's face it, Trump has pretty much single-handedly destroyed the Republican party. Had Clinton got in (as she should have), the Republicans would be stronger today. Now it's going to be a liberal free-for-all for a long time. Blame yourselves for that. Don't blame the media or the swamp or White House leaks, or whatever. Trump makes an idiot of himself by himself on a daily basis. Blame social media ... for allowing Americans to see what an incompetent boob the man really is. Yeah, blame Twitter. It's their fault. Blame everyone but the blind partisan fools who voted that unbalanced jerk into office.
        I'm still willing to make a wager bigmouth!

C-note (US Benjamin)
        Across the board, Trump beats* whoever ends up on the (D) side of the ticket! 🀝

fitch270, you willing to "pass the bucks"?

*Electoral College, not the popular vote, though I don't think it's going to matter.

Comment

Can someone tell first blubber to take his irrelevant stupid comments to his own posts. His comprehension is not up to understand what is posted, that's why he does not post his own.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Can someone tell first blubber to take his irrelevant stupid comments to his own posts. His comprehension is not up to understand what is posted, that's why he does not post his own.
            Don't beg somebody else to fight your fights, dipwad!
            If you're not man enough to stand up and cover your own ground, you're not much of a man.

Comment

The choice of vice president is never based on who is most qualified, but rather on who can best balance the ticket and bring in the most votes.
              It is always a political calculation.

Comment

incompetent boob
                bigmouth!
                first blubber
                dipwad!
                As a father of two under-13 year old boys, you guys sound pretty familiar.

(Although the Canadian tween does sound like he's from 1915...who calls people a "boob" these days?)

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

(Although the Canadian tween does sound like he's from 1915...who calls people a "boob" these days?)
                  Point taken. I had actually edited that in. How many times can I use "fool" in the same paragraph without being overly redundant? Perhaps shorter paragraphs would be the answer?

At least I try to avoid the kiddie acronyms. Talk about redundant. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Better than some of the adjectives I could have used, amflyer.
                    I've tried twice to get "jhjimbo" to talk with me on the PM feature to come to terms. He's refused twice.
                    I tried ignoring him. That didn't work either.
                    ...and I don't understand a man who asks somebody else to speak for him!

As for the Canajan?
                    What else can you say about somebody who thinks it's a good idea to put bad produce on the floor in the produce section so the workers will "have to" (his words, not mine) remove old, outdated or rotting produce?
                    ​​​​​​​

Comment

Does anyone remember someone being called "a drip?"
                      Or "a heel?"
                      Or "a chadrool?"

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        Does anyone remember someone being called "a drip?"
                        Or "a heel?"
                        Or "a chadrool?"
                        Why do you insist on being a dickhead and continue to stir the pot? Conversely, why do we continue to take your tainted bait?

Comment

I believe we were discussing the silly names some of our members call each other.
                          Lighten up.
                          I think "dickhead" is a new one on me.
                          I should call you "a snarf."
                          That is a person who gets off smelling bicycle seats.
                          Good old Franchi, the snarf.
                          Last edited by 99explorer; 08-10-2020, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Better than some of the adjectives I could have used, amflyer.
                            I've tried twice to get "jhjimbo" to talk with me on the PM feature to come to terms. He's refused twice.
                            I tried ignoring him. That didn't work either.
                            ...and I don't understand a man who asks somebody else to speak for him!

As for the Canajan?
                            What else can you say about somebody who thinks it's a good idea to put bad produce on the floor in the produce section so the workers will "have to" (his words, not mine) remove old, outdated or rotting produce?
                            And then there's the brilliant municipal turd herder who insists on waddling into his neighbourhood Oklahoma Walmart without a mask ... even though corporate headquarters says it's required equipment throughout the US and Canada. More important to make a fashion statement about your personal liberties than keep the store employees and community safe from a highly contagious deadly disease. Yeah, an apple on the floor is so much more dangerous. Pffft! Let's see ... I've used up "fool" and "idiot" for today ... and maybe "dolt" once a week is enough. I know ... "nincompoop." That might work. "Hypocrite" surely fits. Har, har, har.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	BA7C891E-62FA-44AB-BD4F-DD05E3CF39D5.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	741716

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad