What Would Your World Be Like ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Would Your World Be Like ?

Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??

I have and in my younger days it stopped me from giving into temptation a couple times. Now my faith is stronger but before that when I still lived in Colorado the thought kept me honest more than my inner moral code.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      I have and in my younger days it stopped me from giving into temptation a couple times. Now my faith is stronger but before that when I still lived in Colorado the thought kept me honest more than my inner moral code.
      I don't follow what you are saying.

Comment

maybe your original question was geared toward the thought that nobody anywhere could own a firearm(total government confiscation)? In which case the answer is no I don't and I never will. I answered as though only me personally was prohibited from having one.

Comment

Yes sir, dewman. The reason I didn't answer. Kinda vague.

Comment

I know a couple of guys who are convicted felons. One has completed his sentence and has been working as a bartender for several years. The other is my step son-in-law. He's still serving time for driving DUI and being involved in a vehicle accident resulting in the death of one of the occupants of the other car. (It is notable that the other car was filled with drug users high on something and apparently they swerved into his lane).

In Alabama, a convicted felon is prohibited from possessing a firearm. Thus, my bartender friend uses archery when he hunts. Since my son-in-law didn't use a firearm in his crime, he may be eligible to regain voting and firearms rights three years after completing his sentence. That's if he's successful in gaining a pardon allowing a restoration of rights.

If I were prohibited from possessing a firearm, here's what I would do for hunting:
            > Use archery to hunt larger game, standard air guns to hunt small game
            > Use pre-charged pneumatic arrow shooting rifles using an arrow equipped with a broadhead
            > Use pre-charged pneumatic air powered guns, .30 caliber or larger.
            > Have PigHuntress with me as the firearm owner and thus legally I would not be in possession as long as she owned the firearm.
            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

PH - That last item is a form of cheating, and probably would not work if a game warden caught you with the firearm in your hands.
              The prisons are full of people who asked "how are they gonna know?"

Comment

I've spent long periods in places where civilian ownership wasn't legal without jumping through more hoops than CC in NYC. It's not a big deal, but no hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  I've spent long periods in places where civilian ownership wasn't legal without jumping through more hoops than CC in NYC. It's not a big deal, but no hunting.
                  Last weekend NYC police got about 500 weapons off the streets. This for a City where handguns are illegal. So, only the bad guys have the guns. How is that working out ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??
                    Since I am not a gun user for hunting, it would not really have an affect on me in the field. But, since our guns are also used for self defense, it would put me and my family in dire straits since it would put us in grave danger from criminals as we all know they would adhere to no laws which involved firearms ! But there would be a revolt in this country by gun owners if any such law was passed that made gun ownership illegal !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Since I am not a gun user for hunting, it would not really have an affect on me in the field. But, since our guns are also used for self defense, it would put me and my family in dire straits since it would put us in grave danger from criminals as we all know they would adhere to no laws which involved firearms ! But there would be a revolt in this country by gun owners if any such law was passed that made gun ownership illegal !!!
                      That's what trained attack dogs are for. As well as unbreakable umbrellas.
                      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

That's what trained attack dogs are for. As well as unbreakable umbrellas.
                        I know a guy that makes cane rifles. I think .38spl

Comment

Comment

If Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi were alive today, they would not think this meme to be in good taste. Shame on you. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17773.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	741763

Comment

Jim, so far things are so quiet and safe here it's hard to describe. Guns for sure are a self defence issue if things ever got worse here, tyrannical government too. For now that is not the case.

Roads to our part of town don't go through, and nothing is here, people complain because they take a wrong turn and end up in this place of small houses with streets laid out in blocks but they all seem to dead end after four or five blocks at a rail road track, creek, or prairie.

Every Dem politician is about the same with stated position on guns, I'm not worried. Air traffic is down to a fraction of what it was, but gun confiscations at airports have doubled. Lots of people carrying guns. Covid and Black Lives Matter have guaranteed the issue is a loser issue.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad