Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York state AG sues to dissolve the NRA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Figured there was more to this than meets the eye.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...-righ-n2573994

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Unfortunately if Cuomo has his way he'll still be affecting you.
    Parasites are like that!

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/...s-nra-lawsuit/

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    The lawsuit will not kill the NRA, but it will probably decapitate it.

https://news.yahoo.com/litman-york-w...100026160.html

This should make the organization stronger in the long run.
    Last edited by 99explorer; 08-09-2020, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    I left NY after 65 years. It was a satisfying experience. I don't have to listen to killer Coumo anymore! I don't have to give him my money to release felons into society. I get bulk ammo delivered to my door step. I get to live in a state where my vote matters!
    Unfortunately if Cuomo has his way he'll still be affecting you.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
    I think the point to be made here is the NRA will cease to have clout when it's credibility is shot in the arse (pun intended). What Congressman wants to be associated with a bunch of thieves and embezzlers? And why would any gun owner think the NRA is looking out for anyone but the NRA? I don't see how it can survive this scandal. No lobbying credibility and no money coming in. Time for someone else with a clean track record to step up to the plate.
    I'll agree with this if there's not a large shake up within the organization, but if in fact it happens and the new blood is serious about their responsibilities to gun owners the NRA would be stronger than they've been in years, especially considering the current climate. That's why simply prosecuting any offenders isn't going to cut it with the anti-gun folks. They can't take the chance on a strong NRA and another Trump appointment to SCOTUS.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I left NY after 65 years. It was a satisfying experience. I don't have to listen to killer Coumo anymore! I don't have to give him my money to release felons into society. I get bulk ammo delivered to my door step. I get to live in a state where my vote matters!

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    I think the point to be made here is the NRA will cease to have clout when it's credibility is shot in the arse (pun intended). What Congressman wants to be associated with a bunch of thieves and embezzlers? And why would any gun owner think the NRA is looking out for anyone but the NRA? I don't see how it can survive this scandal. No lobbying credibility and no money coming in. Time for someone else with a clean track record to step up to the plate.
    You seem to have this notion that any politician has a high morality ! They will take the money and spin their stories Honk! The NRA is our best chance at the moment of keeping the fight against the gun grabbers ! Anything other group helps but the tip of the spear is the NRA.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    I think the point to be made here is the NRA will cease to have clout when its credibility is shot in the arse (pun intended). What Congressman wants to be associated with a bunch of thieves and embezzlers? And why would any gun owner think the NRA is looking out for anyone but the NRA? I don't see how it can survive this scandal. No lobbying credibility and no money coming in. Time for someone else with a clean track record to step up to the plate.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-09-2020, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    That’s what it is all about , the future for those who come after us. Fitch you correct on this issue. It does not take a genius to figure out that the anti gun people will use everything they can to destroy Americans right to own firearms. To say other groups will be there to step in is cavalier, the NRA is a tank the anti’s must deal with, so what they had a few bad apples taking advantage , the law will deal with that!

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I used to be a member but left. I don't really care for the NRA, but then I look at a lot of what's going on from the perspective of civil unrest, but also from Gov't Tyranny, and I actually become grateful for the massive lobbying efforts of the NRA.

I don't like how they're operating, but I'm glad they're there.

If worse comes to worst, there's a number of other excellent organizations waiting in the wings
    https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/t...etNTUO_7gesBuw
    Nothing puts the fear of God into Congressman that buck the NRA like the NRA lobbyist. I have heard of each of the other groups mentioned but none get the MSM press and respect the NRA gets. Think about it, that is why the NRA is the target at this time and not the other groups.
    Remember, the Dems and far Left would love to divide the membership of the NRA and cast doubt on the organization . Don't let them do it. Stay strong, stay united.
    Once the Election is past there will be plenty of time to straighten things out at the NRA. We are at war right now - stay united or we will fall.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-08-2020, 11:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    Well, I don't have a dog in this hunt. I used to be a member but left. I don't really care for the NRA, but then I look at a lot of what's going on from the perspective of civil unrest, but also from Gov't Tyranny, and I actually become grateful for the massive lobbying efforts of the NRA.

If worse comes to worst, there's a number of other excellent organizations waiting in the wings
    That's a great group of organizations. I think the SAF and JPFO are closely related and do very good work.
    There is another, the CCRKBA.
    Concerned Citizens for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied

Apples and oranges? How's that? Trump used money from his charitable foundation to buy paintings of himself for his golf course and for his election campaign. Also multiple incidents of "self dealing". Trump alone was responsible as the fictitious board of directors hadn't met in eighteen years. The consensus seems to be nothing nefarious ... Trump was just too stupid to know he was violating the law. In light of current events I might buy that defense.

Not to worry if NRA dies. There are other organizations that will look after your gun rights.
    The history of the organizations themselves, not the misconduct.

The reason the NRA is in the crosshairs is because they've been the the most effective and recognizable at what they do. At this point no other entity has the clout to step up. My gun rights aren't my main concern, those of my kid's are.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

That's a slippery slope to go down, and Trumps deals are apples and oranges. It's not right to penalize the memberships of organizations with long histories of good works just because of a few scumbags. It would be like shutting down the Catholic Church, Boy Scouts, etc.

NY isn't looking out for my best interest, Cuomo has an unapologetic vendetta against them. Basically they're trying to shutdown the competition through backdoor channels. I have skin in the game on both ends. If someone broke the law then hammer away but leave the rest of us out of it.
    Apples and oranges? How's that? Trump used money from his charitable foundation to buy paintings of himself for his golf course and for his election campaign. Also multiple incidents of "self dealing". Trump alone was responsible as the fictitious board of directors hadn't met in eighteen years. The consensus seems to be nothing nefarious ... Trump was just too stupid to know he was violating the law. In light of current events I might buy that defense.

Not to worry if NRA dies. There are other organizations that will look after your gun rights.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad