Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York state AG sues to dissolve the NRA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bubba has no idea what's going on inside the walls of the White House on gun control.
    Any financial help from the NRA would have to be conditioned on a reversal of Trump's openness to accepting more extensive background checks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...cce_story.html
    Last edited by 99explorer; 08-06-2020, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

If you don't care, why did you start this thread?
      Don't care about what, Honk?

Comment

I'm sure I read good in depth articles about the issue when it broke. If someone will do the googling and provide links I'm sure it's out there on the web. It involved the PR firm and shuffling millions over to them. Liberals love to hate on the NRA, that's old news, and this isn't the case here. I'm sure gun grabbers are doing the happy dance but that isn't the basis for the case..

Oh, and to those of you who contributed and were lifelong members, thank you, the NRA has been good on guns but also good on just about every piece of hunting legislation that has ever been put before congress.

Comment

The lawsuit by the NY AG is to tie up a lot of money of the NRA to defend the lawsuit. That way they will have less $$$ to spend on Conservative Ads for Trump. The Dems think the NRA votes are what caused Trump to win in 2016, so they will tie up the NRA votes this year. Strictly Political. Don't trust those black african judges, AG, mayors or governors. Don't trust them to be impartial.

Comment

Of course this issue is political. How do we know ? Because of the timing of the suit, just before an election, it doesn’t take too many brains to see the implications. We can only hope the voters have the grey matter to see through this ! And, Jimbo is correct with the fact of the D’s tying up funds of the NRA and their ability to spend less on ads !

Comment

PA (D)'s fear NY lawsuit against NRA may actually help Trump's reelection bid.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...a-helps-trump/

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                The lawsuit by the NY AG is to tie up a lot of money of the NRA to defend the lawsuit. That way they will have less $$$ to spend on Conservative Ads for Trump. The Dems think the NRA votes are what caused Trump to win in 2016, so they will tie up the NRA votes this year. Strictly Political. Don't trust those black african judges, AG, mayors or governors. Don't trust them to be impartial.
                Read the news, Jimbo. The NRA doesn't have any money! They went from a $26M surplus to a +$30M deficit this year already. That's mostly what threw up the red flags, not the least I suspect by the GOP politicians expecting to feed from the NRA trough for their campaign advertising. The NRA's advertising agency that funds those campaign ads was the rip off coordinator. For example LaPierre and his family took three vacations to the Bahamas for half a million dollars paid for by the ad agency which turned around and billed it to NRA as office expenses. And LaPierre wasn't the only one skimming. The evidence indicates this has been going on inside the NRA since the nineties. Why haven't they been brought to account before? That's an easy one to answer. They used the megabucks you gun owners throw at them to buy influence (I haven't given the NRA a dime since they started selling bogus cancer insurance back in the seventies). When the money ran out, so did the protection. That explains the timing. It's all about the $$$. It always is.

Jimbo, your blatant racism has no place on someone else's forum. Show F&S some respect ... even if you don't have any for yourself. Take that crap to a white trash forum where it belongs.
                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-07-2020, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Here is a brief recap on the case against the NRA.

https://news.yahoo.com/opinion-let-n...195937784.html

Comment

Here is a little more inside info.
                    I didn't know that the NRA was the single largest outside spender on Trump's 2016 election.

https://news.yahoo.com/national-rifl...132020875.html
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 08-07-2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Here is another update on the story.

https://news.yahoo.com/real-reason-y...224915491.html

Comment

rock rat

08-06-2020, 09:51 PM

I'm sure I read good in depth articles about the issue when it broke. If someone will do the googling and provide links I'm sure it's out there on the web.

Screw you! Go do your own damn "googling"!

Lazy a$$ libtard! Always wants somebody else to do the work then whines it wasn't done correctly.

"To make a conservative mad, lie to him. To make a liberal mad, tell him the truth." - T. Roosevelt
                        Guess that explains why rockroach, 99exp and Honk are all mad these days!

Their devious, idiotic plans to oust a duly elected POTUS have ALL failed.
                        EVERYthing they have tried since he "came down the escalator" has blown up in their face.

Comment

At ease.
                          I will keep you posted on the google front.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Here is another update on the story.

https://news.yahoo.com/real-reason-y...224915491.html
                            "The US Justice Department's silence is deafening." Money talks ... or in this case, shuts up. I like the scandal described as a "self inflicted wound." Seems appropriate.
                            Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-08-2020, 05:12 PM.

Comment

As an NRA member and NYS taxpayer I'm getting hosed by both sides. If certain executives and board members can be held accountable then absolutely go after them, but trying to take down the entire organization is another abuse of power by NY officials who should be held accountable as well. Meantime the NRA should be cleaning house internally. LaPierre has to go regardless, he's damaged goods at the least.

Comment

NYS AG Letitia Williams (D)

https://ag.ny.gov/

Speaking of "follow the money", try Letitia James campaign backing by Geo. Soros?

L. James also wants "illegal aliens" to get COVID-19 funding?
                                Ain't she a jewel?

She's just a shill to help destroy Trump and America.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad