Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York state AG sues to dissolve the NRA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York state AG sues to dissolve the NRA.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/ny-at...-dissolve-nra/

The NRA will not be in a position to help the Trump campaign much this year.
    In 2016, the NRA spent more than $30 million on behalf of the Trump campaign, according to Federal Election Commission data.

Comment

The NRA has been adding members like mad. They will put at least $30 million into swing states. Gun owners are going to put Republicans back in office up and down ballot. This lawsuit represents the Democrat position on the 2nd Amendment. The American people are smarter than the Democrats think they are. 84% of the American people believe that the media is dividing the country.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
        The NRA has been adding members like mad. They will put at least $30 million into swing states. Gun owners are going to put Republicans back in office up and down ballot. This lawsuit represents the Democrat position on the 2nd Amendment. The American people are smarter than the Democrats think they are. 84% of the American people believe that the media is dividing the country.
        Trump has suggested the NRA move to Texas! 😎!

Comment

The allegations are re corruption and graft. And it don't look good for the NRA. The evidence is overwhelming that the outfit has been corrupt for decades. Massive skimming of funds. LaPierre treated the NRA treasury "like it was his own personal piggy bank." That's a no-no for a charitable organization chartered in the state of New York. It appears Oliver North (of all people) helped blow the whistle. Seems he was upset at being rejected as new president. Quite the drama fest going on inside the organization. Wish I could say I'm surprised. LaPierre always struck me as a slimy loudmouth. Trump's response? "Very sad." NRA should just pack up and move to Texas and "be happy." Huh? Does that mean Texas is a Mecca for illegal corporate activity? Makes almost as much sense as his thoughts on arrest of Epstein's kiddie pimping wife: "I wish her well." Someone needs to tie a tag to Trump's finger that says "No comment" as a helpful reminder. He clearly spontaneously spews whatever comes to mind. Problem is there isn't anything in his mind but empty space.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            The allegations are re corruption and graft. And it don't look good for the NRA. The evidence is overwhelming that the outfit has been corrupt for decades. Massive skimming of funds. LaPierre treated the NRA treasury "like it was his own personal piggy bank." That's a no-no for a charitable organization chartered in the state of New York. It appears Oliver North (of all people) helped blow the whistle. Seems he was upset at being rejected as new president. Quite the drama fest going on inside the organization. Wish I could say I'm surprised. LaPierre always struck me as a slimy loudmouth. Trump's response? "Very sad." NRA should just pack up and move to Texas and "be happy." Huh? Does that mean Texas is a Mecca for illegal corporate activity? Makes almost as much sense as his thoughts on arrest of Epstein's kiddie pimping wife: "I wish her well." Someone needs to tie a tag to Trump's finger that says "No comment" as a helpful reminder. He clearly spontaneously spews whatever comes to mind. Problem is there isn't anything in his mind but empty space.

NRA isn’t a charitable organization, it’s a lobby group. LaPierre still needs to go.

Comment

How is it so many other respectable Presidents did not say something about Wayne if he was guilty for so long ? Many V.P's of the same size Companies are in the same pay grade as Wayne. I have not followed the particulars, allegations?, but always thought Wayne was a good representative image of the NRA and what we stand for.

Comment

NRA fights back, files its own suit against NY attorney general seeking to disband organization

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nra-lawsu...eneral-lawsuit

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.

This will make it's way to Supreme Court in a few years and be thrown out.

Yes it's time for leadership change at NRA headquarters.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

NRA isn’t a charitable organization, it’s a lobby group. LaPierre still needs to go.
                  NRA foundation is a charity.

They are accused of taking money from their charity and using it for whatever Lapierre wanted.

https://www.nrafoundation.org

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                    How is it so many other respectable Presidents did not say something about Wayne if he was guilty for so long ? Many V.P's of the same size Companies are in the same pay grade as Wayne. I have not followed the particulars, allegations?, but always thought Wayne was a good representative image of the NRA and what we stand for.
                    A lot of it didn't come out until a year or two ago. Ollie North is the one who first spilled the beans. There are fairly strict rules for tax exempt orgs, especially in NY where the NRA is I guess registered. It doesn't look good at all, he was very sloppy in his syphoning off money for personal use.

Even worse that it's the part of the org that does all the non political stuff. What about all of the range certification programs etc? Not good for 2A advocacy either, the money was never the issue, it's a grass roots thing, when the NRA backs a candidate it's often a percent or two of the vote, hard to put a dollar figure on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

NRA foundation is a charity.

They are accused of taking money from their charity and using it for whatever Lapierre wanted.

https://www.nrafoundation.org
                      Right, but that's not what this is really about. Not the first time Cuomo and Co. have gone after the NRA. Remember two years ago?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speec...litical-speech

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Right, but that's not what this is really about. Not the first time Cuomo and Co. have gone after the NRA. Remember two years ago?

https://www.aclu.org/blog/free-speec...litical-speech

Yes I remember this is just a continuation of that. The foundation is the weak spot.

DC is also going after the foundation, that's how they intend to silence them.
                        Using money from foundation for trips,yachts,clothes.

I can't believe the board hasn't removed LaPierre.

I am a life member and make a donation every year and will continue.

Comment

Well, as far as I'm concerned, I have no idea what's going on inside the walls of the NRA. As badly as the (D)'s hate the NRA, I'm not so sure anything I hear on TV isn't a liberal horror story to discredit the NRA.

p.s. - and I really don't care.😐

Comment

The lib media can't be trusted in any way to comment on the NRA. Harvey Wienstien tried to use the NRA as a cover for his perfidy. Drive-byes gonna drive-by. 80% of the public views them as a device to encourage divisions in the country.
                            Last edited by labrador12; 08-06-2020, 11:12 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                              Well, as far as I'm concerned, I have no idea what's going on inside the walls of the NRA. As badly as the (D)'s hate the NRA, I'm not so sure anything I hear on TV isn't a liberal horror story to discredit the NRA.

p.s. - and I really don't care.😐
                              If you don't care, why did you start this thread?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad