Trump Discusses Covid Statistics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Discusses Covid Statistics

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population. That’s where the U.S. is really bad. Much worse than South Korea, Germany, etc.”

@realdonaldtrump: “You can’t do that.”

Swan: “Why can’t I do that?”

Trump doesn't like briefings that aren't simple and telling him what he wants to hear, and what he wants to hear is that the Covid thing is actually much better than is being let on. So briefers tell him that our mortality rate per confirmed cases is better than elsewhere. What's not said is that we are testing everywhere because we have so many cases, where as many countries are only testing people who get sick.

The longer version is even better. The interviewer tells Trump 1,000 people are dying a day, Trump doesn't like hearing that.

Trump also doesn't like hearing that many more people are dying here in the USA than in other countries, he got all mixed up in trying to fit the mortality vs confirmed cases, in his head he has translated that into "not many dying here"

One of Trump's finest ( or worst) attributes is that he isn't consciously lying he really believes what he says, and if someone intrudes with reality they must have ulterior motives and can simply be bullied or shouted down.

Except the pollsters, he is beginning to believe them.

Award winning radio host Bill Cunningham said Sunday night the Covid-19 is part of Nature and nothing man can do will alter it. He also said there will be more viruses every so many years regardless of what man does.
    Testing and statistics are very skewed. A person with the virus was tested daily to see when he would be negative. The total of the daily tests was reported as cases even though it was the same person. Also did he die 'with' Covid OR die 'because' of Covid ? Big difference if you are counting cases.

Comment

OK, thanks.

Comment

I am glad that I am not on the side that has to prove that the COVID-19 virus is not a serious health threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
          OK, thanks.
          That was IMR4895 I was using as a "universal" powder for centerfire rifle cartridges.

Comment

Why should we be surprised? Remember how he made up crime statistics to support his Great Wall boondoggle. I'm with you, though. He's clearly not lying. Obviosly not smart enough for that. Just delusional. America has had more than a few presidents with questionable mental stability (e.g. Jackson and Nixon) but Trump is our first certifiable nut case. Definitely 25th Amendment material. Mark my words, he will end his days talking to the walls of a padded room.

Comment

Personally, I think honk the phony has a better chance of " ending his days talking to the walls of a padded room." Donald J. Trump isn't perfect, by any means, but he has steered the ship of state out of the doldrums of the obummer regime, and will pull out of this chinese communist virus and burning, looting, rioting, crisis when he is reelected.

Comment

The stupidity of continuing to "test" for COVID-19 is mind numbing.
                COVID-19 is a virus. It's not going anywhere.
                COVID-19 will be with us until the end of times, just like the common cold.
                Masks only prolong the inevitable.
                Social distancing also solves nothing.
                The shutdown is a (D) "de-Trump the White House" scam.
                The disease itself, is NOT a hoax! The liberal hype and panic is the hoax!
                The CDC claimed COVID-19 would kill 2.2 million Americans.
                So far? 150K deaths and we KNOW that number is grossly inflated. (died "with" or died "of"? BIG difference!)
                Hydroxychloroquine was ok'd by the FDA 50 years ago!
                Suddenly, it's risky to take for COVID-19 but quite acceptable for other diseases?
                What did the FDA know and when did the FDA know it?

Pure liberal stupidity!!!

Comment

Bubba -
                  Wait till it gets to your neck of the woods.
                  You'll be asking if you can wear two masks.

Comment

From honk the phony- " Remember how he made up crime statistics to support his Great Wall boondoggle. I'm with you, though. He's clearly not lying. Obviosly (and you are so smart, you can't spell, phony?) not smart enough for that.Just delusional..........Blah, Blah, Blah"

From whiny nine, aka joe biden clone- Wait till it gets to your neck of the woods.
                    You'll be asking if you can wear two masks.

I would hate to think that I woke up every morning in fear, hating a man I have never met, solely due to unfavorable press and lies told by his opponents in a different political party.
                    The fear evident in the posts by the phony and the whiner, to me, is irrational. The chinese communist virus has been proven to be as survivable as the common strain of flu. They pin their hopes on a discredited political hack of a doctor, and a computer inventor, of developing a "vaccine."
                    Yet, to be realistic, we have no vaccine for the common cold. The vaccines we have for the existing strains of flu are only 30-35% effective. We have no vaccine for West Nile virus. We have no vaccine for many of the common virus' and diseases that we are now susceptible to, but we don't shut down the world's most prosperous economy, take the advice of discredited quacks, denigrate proven cures, or at least relief medications, mandate the wearing of masks that are proven more harmful than helpful, and in general hide under the bed until it goes away.
                    We have allowed our schools, places of worship, sports, (no big loss), and any social gathering of any size to be shut down over a "pandemic" with a survivability of 98-99%.
                    And still, the phonys, the whinys, the rats and the fearful continue to rant and rave fear, hatred, and "It's all Trump's fault!" Pathetic.

Comment

Bowhunter in case you are reading this, the other day you said something to the extent of, paraphrasing here. .... What's more to be done, everyone knows the basic information regarding avoiding infection etc, from here on out it's not the government's responsibility... or words to that effect.

Read CRM's and Bubba's posts above. Even Jim with anecdotes and a radio show. I don't think I'm being alarmist in saying there is some pretty strong misinformation going on. Germany is maybe a pretty good place to be stuck in.

Comment

From red rat-"Read CRM's and Bubba's posts above. Even Jim with anecdotes and a radio show. I don't think I'm being alarmist in saying there is some pretty strong misinformation going on."

Rat, nothing I've ever written implies that the chinese communist virus is not real. What is not real is the panic and fear mongering created by the media, and demoncrat politicians whose only recourse to a Trump reelection is a created and managed panic to crash the economy and thus, unseat the President.
                        I admit the chinese communist virus is real, but I'm not buying into the media line that it developed in a wet market in Wuhan and just miraculously migrated world-wide. Nor am I buying into the fact that the chinese communists did not actively and intentionally work at spreading the virus. I just don't think that their developed bio-weapon was as good as they thought it was when they released it.
                        Yes, I said it was a developed bio-weapon. Anybody that believes that it came from some poor chinese person eating a bat in a wet market, or "escaped" from what is supposed to be a secure virology laboratory, is more naive than the guy who bought the Brooklyn Bridge.

Comment

rock roach wrote:

"... I don't think I'm being alarmist ..."

In true liberal form, you are definitely being an "alarmist". Then you claim others are spreading "disinformation" to cause even more "alarm"!

You are the epitome of a liberal, alarmist hypocrite.

Comment

There is light at the end of the tunnel when Trump leaves office.

https://news.yahoo.com/bill-gates-jo...145400669.html

Comment

From whiny nine-"There is light at the end of the tunnel when Trump leaves office."

Now, we are relying on a computer nerd with a history of crippling children with polio vaccinations and a certifiably demented sexual predator and pedophile to save us?
                              Will the insanity and inane posts from whiny nine ever cease?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad