Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the millions of new gun buyers going to vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Did you not read the article??? This has very little to do with people concerned that Trump will not get re-elected.

"Fears over the pandemic and protests are driving millions of Americans to buy guns at a record pace. And nearly half of them appear to be first-time gun owners."

Gun sales surge in 2020, experts say 40% are first-time firearm owners
    https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...firearm-owners

‘Guns are flying off the shelf.’ Permit applications up more than 500% amid coronavirus pandemic and George Floyd fallout.
    https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yoy-story.html

“Take a full glass of coronavirus, shake in a shot of riots and another of this defund police notion, and everything goes crazy,”
    "Take your pick. The pandemic, the police killing of George Floyd, the presidential election. Protests, looting, calls to 'defund the police.'” That's a quote from your last cited.

I suspect most of the panic gun buyers are not happy with how the current situation has unfolded and will be looking for someone to blame in November. They are scared ... and angry that it's come to this. I hope they blame the right person. They will if they open their eyes ... and their minds ... to the facts. For many that is not easy. It will require acknowledging they made a mistake the last time around. But it seems to be a fact that is impossible to ignore any longer. Time for a change. End the state of confusion. Otherwise it will only get worse ... which is what is probably going through most of those gun buyers' minds. Look for a landslide.

Comment

Interesting that Honkster labels people reacting to murder and arson, and looting and rioting, panic buyers. Reduced police presence, ordered by Democrats is driving crime to levels not seen for a generation and Honkster demeans people who have decided to not be victims of criminals released from prison on the orders of Democrat politicians. I suspect these millions of new gun owners have seen the world as it now is, not as the delusional old Honkster believes it to be.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17722.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	741191Click image for larger version  Name:	image_17723.jpg Views:	3 Size:	3.23 MB ID:	741192
        Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
        New gun purchases does not equate to new gun owners. Does everyone in America own just one gun? Obviously not. This gun purchases = new gun owners crap has been a long standing myth employed by the NRA for propaganda purposes. I am surprised so many in the gun crowd fall for it. But hey, NRA is just telling them what they want to hear. Reality doesn't matter. Sound familiar?
        Honk your wrong on this one ! I was at Cabelas buying a new Beretta and as I waited in line I noticed many black Americans buying handguns and rifles . Two of the people ( both women ) told me they were first time gun buyers. Both bought handguns both black women. I was also glad to see Black Americans buying gun ( legal I might add ) Black Americans vote !
        Last edited by Pmacc60; 08-04-2020, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Sorry I got this picture messed up , this picture was taken 10 days ago at Cabalas.

Comment

I can hardly wait for November 4th when Larry, Moe and Curly wake up and realize Trump is STILL their president. LMBO!

Comment

Do your celebrating early, as Hillary Clinton did four years ago.
              Here is her picture on Inauguration Day.

Comment

And here is her picture the following day.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  I can hardly wait for November 4th when Larry, Moe and Curly wake up and realize Trump is STILL their president. LMBO!
                  I didn't do much weeping and wailing at all last time, I even got a few chuckles once I started reading all the "woe is me" things. It seems like things might be the other way around this year. Either way things won't be that different, same people still in charge.

Comment

My rod and gun club stopped taking new members. We have 200 new people who joined ☹️

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

I didn't do much weeping and wailing at all last time, I even got a few chuckles once I started reading all the "woe is me" things. It seems like things might be the other way around this year. Either way things won't be that different, same people still in charge.
                      I hope that we can keep Comey, McCabe, and the rest of that toxic crew out of the government in the future. One of the best things about Trump winning another term is maybe he can get more Brennens and Clappers and Vinman's out of the leadership roles in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                        My rod and gun club stopped taking new members. We have 200 new people who joined ☹️
                        Danbo I see the same thing, this civil unrest is getting non gun owners to buy guns and realize they have been lied to, getting a handgun is not that easy ! A good friend of mine just bought two glocks a 40 cal and 9mm. It’s the first two guns he has ever owned. To his credit he has taken courses and gotten his carry permit. When we were hanging out in Florida he took me to a great Gun shop in Delray! He said look at this stuff , who needs this kind of firepower. I said to him who needs 2 glocks but aren’t you glad you have the right ? I just hope these people vote for freedom !!’

Comment

The hidden damage the (D)'s are doing will be insurmountable in November!
                          Sen T. Cruz (R-TX) called out Sen M. Hirono (D-HI) to denounce "Antifa". She walked out of the meeting without so much as a single syllable against "Antifa".

Comment

'06, sorry about all the links, but if I copied and pasted the articles, we'd be on page 307! LOL!

WARNING!
                            cockroach, this is a conservative website unfit for you to peruse!🤪

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-2020-n2573749

Comment

No sweat, #1 Bubba. Some of them were very informative links. Just a little anecdotal evidence, or observation, if you had rather. My shooting range/gun club, has stopped taking new members. Last year, when there was a small amount of space for new members, it took a recommendation from one or more active members to have a new application even considered. Two of us wrote emails to the membership director and got another friend of 20 years into the club. You have to maintain NRA membership to stay in the shooting club. The License To Carry classes are booked full every time they are offered.
                              In some of my ramblings around, I naturally wander into a few gun stores, pawn shops, and any other firearm related establishment that I stumble across.
                              There is very little ammunition for sale, anywhere. Wally World took all of it's supply of ammunition off the shelves, out of fear, or some whacked out corporate policy.
                              There are no pistols on display in any retail venue. Maybe a very few oddballs with 8 or 10" barrels, or small caliber junk, but no pistols of the type anyone would choose as a carry or defense weapon.
                              There are no ARs, AKs, or any other type squirt gun, anywhere. They have flown off dealers shelves like soda pop at a baseball game.
                              There are no 12 gauge shotguns, of the home defense variety. One high end gun dealer in Houston has firearms, but they are collectors pieces, and usually very expensive, not something the first time buyer, or a buyer with home defense in mind would consider.
                              People who have never considered owning a firearm of any type are going through the process of background checks and a lot of them are signing up for LTC classes. One question I get asked a lot is "Where is a good place to get a carry license?" "How much does that cost?"
                              People are arming themselves. That is fact based by any way it is measured. Who they are, and how they will vote, we won't know until November.

Comment

The failure of the media to inform Americans about firearms is mirrored in the failure of the media to cover the Russian Hoax meltdown. Sally Yates tossed Comey under the bus yesterday in Senate testimony. She, like Rosenstien before her, now admits that the FISA process was illegal and that she would not sign off on a Carter Page investigation based on what she knows now. The mainstream media, the honorable objective news that 99 is so fond of, failed to cover the hearings. People who are buying their first firearms are, hopefully, finding out the range of the misinformation that they are being spoon fed. A recent Gallup poll seems to show that they are!!!
                                Last edited by labrador12; 08-06-2020, 02:19 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad