Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the millions of new gun buyers going to vote for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who are the millions of new gun buyers going to vote for?

I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that all these new gun owners, who are scared to death by the actions of Democrats in urban areas, are going to vote for Biden. These are people who are fronting hundreds of dollars to tell you who they are voting for. Democrats are in for a historic loss. Millions of people who will fight to protect their families, their communities, their way of life.

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    I'm finding it extremely hard to believe that all these new gun owners, who are scared to death by the actions of Democrats in urban areas, are going to vote for Biden. These are people who are fronting hundreds of dollars to tell you who they are voting for. Democrats are in for a historic loss. Millions of people who will fight to protect their families, their communities, their way of life.
    You definitely have a very valid point....BUT.....on the other hand...
    Texas has been a Red state for a long time. Californios running from the insanity and the feces lined streets of Newsom & Co. are coming to Texas in droves.
    They left California behind, but sadly, they brought their liberal ideas and voting habits with them.

Basically, they're running from their own stupidity to just start the same old crap all over again.

Comment

Hopefully, the enthusiasm will help carry the day.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/...en-supporters/

Comment

New gun purchases does not equate to new gun owners. Does everyone in America own just one gun? Obviously not. This gun purchases = new gun owners crap has been a long standing myth employed by the NRA for propaganda purposes. I am surprised so many in the gun crowd fall for it. But hey, NRA is just telling them what they want to hear. Reality doesn't matter. Sound familiar?

Comment

I do believe a large part of the gun purchasing in the first half of this year is by first-time buyers, and not by collectors enhancing their collections.

https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...firearm-owners

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
            New gun purchases does not equate to new gun owners. Does everyone in America own just one gun? Obviously not. This gun purchases = new gun owners crap has been a long standing myth employed by the NRA for propaganda purposes. I am surprised so many in the gun crowd fall for it. But hey, NRA is just telling them what they want to hear. Reality doesn't matter. Sound familiar?
            OHH, I found a recent NPR article on the subject. They say the estimate is half of new gun purchases right now are going to new gun owners. That's millions of new owners and one of the reasons there's a shortage of 9mm.

Pandemic And Protests Spark Record Gun Sales
            July 16, 2020
            https://www.npr.org/2020/07/16/89160...cord-gun-sales

Click image for larger version  Name:	Background Checks.JPG Views:	7 Size:	44.1 KB ID:	741128
            Last edited by PigHunter; 08-04-2020, 02:20 PM.
            Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Spend a little time at a gun shop and watch the gun buyers!
              It's just a little scary.
              Are others purchasing multiple firearms? Of course!
              Same with ammo!
              There is now a lively black market for guns and ammo!

Buttloads and buttloads of "new" gun owners!

The fact we seem to be missing is: "just because a (D) buys a gun, will they vote for a (R) president?"!
              Look at rockrat! Buy a gun in a heartbeat, but can't decide if Biden is bad enough that he should vote for Trump! 🤔!🥴!

(...and Biden has been endorsed by a proclaimed Communist!)
              Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-04-2020, 01:21 PM.

Comment

PigHunter- Your facts do not match honk the phony's skewed and contorted world view, nor fit in with his TDS delusions nor irrational hatred of the NRA. Therefore, according to honk the phony, they don't matter, because he says they are not accurate. Get it?

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  PigHunter- Your facts do not match honk the phony's skewed and contorted world view, nor fit in with his TDS delusions nor irrational hatred of the NRA. Therefore, according to honk the phony, they don't matter, because he says they are not accurate. Get it?
                  Oh yes I get it. But referencing NPR made it a little more difficult for him to ignore. Liberal elitist love NPR

Comment

Talking with a few shop owners it’s been mostly first time buyers, many of whom were flustered by the process. Turns out it isn’t as easy buying a firearm as they were led to believe.

I doubt in itself it will swing votes, but I’ve talked with a few refugees from downstate now residing here and they seem to be miffed about government intrusion in general, at least the younger ones anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Oh yes I get it. But referencing NPR made it a little more difficult for him to ignore. Liberal elitist love NPR
                      Liberals are elitists? Right. They're all billionaire real estate developers from New York City born with a silver spoons in their mouths, who own exclusive private golf clubs for rich and famous. Sound familiar?

I don't see how that citation changes anything. It's anybody's guess how many gun sales are for new gun owners. My understanding is that any gun purchased through a vendor by anyone at any time requires a background check. There is no way to ascertain how many background checks are for new gun owners. Up here background checks are only done every five years when I renew my federal gun possession license. I can by a thousand guns during that five year period without any paperwork at all (except for restricted weapons - handguns and ARs). We have a better idea how many new gun owners crop up every year. It's simply the number of new federal possession licenses.

I suspect the increase in gun sales is due mostly to the obvious eminent demise of GOP. We see the same hording every time a Democrat becomes president. This time there is no point in waiting for the election. It's a foregone conclusion that Trump is going down the road. It also seems highly likely the Democrats will control Congress. Every reason to panic.

Comment

Millions of new gun owners aren't going to be voting for the Democrats to confiscate their $500 protective device. The looters and the rioters are the Democrats. They are voting with their pocketbooks. They will also be casting ballots against the mostly peaceful Democrats.

Comment

Why is everyone so angry?

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                            Why is everyone so angry?
                            It’s the masks. Too much CO2 intake.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Liberals are elitists? Right. They're all billionaire real estate developers from New York City born with a silver spoons in their mouths, who own exclusive private golf clubs for rich and famous. Sound familiar?

I don't see how that citation changes anything. It's anybody's guess how many gun sales are for new gun owners. My understanding is that any gun purchased through a vendor by anyone at any time requires a background check. There is no way to ascertain how many background checks are for new gun owners. Up here background checks are only done every five years when I renew my federal gun possession license. I can by a thousand guns during that five year period without any paperwork at all (except for restricted weapons - handguns and ARs). We have a better idea how many new gun owners crop up every year. It's simply the number of new federal possession licenses.

I suspect the increase in gun sales is due mostly to the obvious eminent demise of GOP. We see the same hording every time a Democrat becomes president. This time there is no point in waiting for the election. It's a foregone conclusion that Trump is going down the road. It also seems highly likely the Democrats will control Congress. Every reason to panic.
                              Did you not read the article??? This has very little to do with people concerned that Trump will not get re-elected.

"Fears over the pandemic and protests are driving millions of Americans to buy guns at a record pace. And nearly half of them appear to be first-time gun owners."

Gun sales surge in 2020, experts say 40% are first-time firearm owners
                              https://abc6onyourside.com/news/loca...firearm-owners

‘Guns are flying off the shelf.’ Permit applications up more than 500% amid coronavirus pandemic and George Floyd fallout.
                              https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...yoy-story.html

“Take a full glass of coronavirus, shake in a shot of riots and another of this defund police notion, and everything goes crazy,”

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad