OL Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL Articles

See Tyler Freel with one of his Moose and his discussion of the best backcountry rifle and cartridge.

Also the article about what a slide stop is for and how it should be released. That's right, Gunsight teaches push slide rearward before allowing it to go forward.

I also read a heretofore unknown operation. On a Winchester '94 the proper way to go to half-cock safety is to carefully release the hammer and carefully allow it to go almost all the way down and then pull it back to half cock. Going from full cock to half cock is not the desired way as the half cock may not fully engage the ledge and could be jarred and will fire if it is.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    See Tyler Freel with one of his Moose and his discussion of the best backcountry rifle and cartridge.

Also the article about what a slide stop is for and how it should be released. That's right, Gunsight teaches push slide rearward before allowing it to go forward.

I also read a heretofore unknown operation. On a Winchester '94 the proper way to go to half-cock safety is to carefully release the hammer and carefully allow it to go almost all the way down and then pull it back to half cock. Going from full cock to half cock is not the desired way as the half cock may not fully engage the ledge and could be jarred and will fire if it is.
    Just last month we had this discussion about the slide stop. Some models are designed so that it can be used as a slide release without having to do what Gunsite teaches.
    https://answers.fieldandstream.com/f...ase#post736598
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

PH, Slide locks have been discussed many times before on different forums. This is for those who missed the discussions before.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        Mine didn't slip around. I seem to recall some grippy stuff on the inside? Actually fit very tight.

My beef with neoprene is it can become
        Today, 07:02 PM
      • No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
        by Buckshott00
        Jury's still out on the Prism Scope vs. the Holograph. I invite you guys to check out my pictures and review and cast a vote.

I've got...
        Yesterday, 04:45 PM
      • Reply to 16 Years
        by PigHunter
        Jim, there's no way that would be allowed on a modern construction site. Those holes were a potential death trap without something shoring up the sides....
        Today, 06:57 PM
      • 16 Years
        by jhjimbo
        So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
        08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
      • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
        by Ontario Honker Hunter
        Yeah. Too bad. Too bad this site doesn't have a moderator to flush BS artists like that noncontributory crm troll. He never gives up making a fool of...
        Today, 06:52 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X