Clear All

• Attack Squirrel Medicine

Enjoy

https://www.classicfirearms.com/vide...ontent=Primary

Too cool! Franklin Armory is out of stock. $299

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-...-bfsiii-22-c1/

Warning:
    • Not for civilian sales in CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, MD, NJ, NY, RI, and WA
    • In Delaware may only be used in pistol platforms.
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Too cool! Franklin Armory is out of stock. $299

https://franklinarmory.com/franklin-...-bfsiii-22-c1/

Warning:
      • Not for civilian sales in CA, CT, DC, FL, HI, IA, MD, NJ, NY, RI, and WA
      • In Delaware may only be used in pistol platforms.
      I did not understand what the trigger release had to do with it ? Seems like he was working the trigger both ways.
      When I was in the service I qualified with M-16 and M-1Carbine. The M-16 mouse gun on auto was a true 'spray and pray'. that was before 3 shot burst and forward assist. The Carbine I shot was a tack driver but no power.
      To qualify on the M-16 you had to hit a target about the size of 1/2 sheet of plywood. That qualified you 'Expert'. Things have really changed. I was shooting my B-Mag on the 300yd and a guy with a AR had a target a little bigger than a playing card and he was drilling it.
      Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-21-2020, 11:05 AM.

Comment

I never served in the military. But I learned various military shooting positions when participating in the highpower matches using my M1 Garand. When younger, I was a much better shot and could consistently hold 1 MOA with that rifle from a good rest.

For years I've heard of binary triggers but never knew anyone who actually installed and used such a device. I tend to stay away from gimmicks and see it as an ammo waster. I'm guessing the ammo shortages will only get worse as the election approaches.
        Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

A "release trigger" has been used in the trap game for years.
          The gun fires when the trigger is released rather than when it's pulled.
          Folks have a tendency to "jerk" when "pulling" the trigger, but "releasing" is always smooth.
          I'd end up shooting someone with a release trigger! LOL! My mind don't work that way!

Yes sir! The gun fires when you (1) pull the trigger and when you (2) release the trigger.
          So basically, you get two shots for a "pull, release" cycle rather than just one shot.

Apparently, this thing works as well as a "bump-stock" to increase "fire rate", or "rate-of-fire".
          Boy, if the (D)'s ever get wind of this, KA-BOOM!!! Exploding heads all over again!🤯!🤯!

Comment

Jimbo, that's what the guy means by Binary Trigger.

ATF ruled sometime back that Pulling the trigger and releasing it are 2 separate actions. So with a binary, you can flick the trigger back and forth and in theory double your rate of fire.

Comment

Ho-Hum. Why waste the second shot? Aim small, miss small, one shot, one squirrel!

Comment

I personally believe that it should be easier for everyday citizens to be able to obtain and operate fully automatic firearms. A lot of these "tacticool" devices are just novelties.

The laws banning full auto as not having sporting use didn't anticipate the fun guys have just burning thru rounds. It is fun shooting full auto. Heck, I'm trying to get started in 3 gun but there's no courses near me.

I agree with crm3006 make the 1st shot count. I don't see much use for this in hunting but I'm sure it's fun for some folks for plinking.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	gun fight friday 003.jpg Views:	1 Size:	847.8 KB ID:	739749
                  Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  Ho-Hum. Why waste the second shot? Aim small, miss small, one shot, one squirrel!
                  When I hunt squirrels with my JC Higgins (Marlin 81), 6 shots, six squirrels. I got my limit in less time than it took to get to my spot. So, I started using my Browning Challenger pistol. 10 shots, 6 squirrels, but, more hunting time in the woods.

Original box(molded plastic) original hang tag, one original mag, picked another up 10 years ago. Purchased 1966 for $69.00. Shot on pistol team and once got a 298 score with it. Remington .22 40gr std velocity. Probably shot 30 or 40,000 rounds through it - no failures of pistol, not many of the ammo.
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-21-2020, 04:18 PM.

Comment

jhjimbo- Yep, that is what I'm talking about. Nice looking pistol, looks very similar to my Colt Woodsman.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	45 003.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	668.9 KB
ID:	739753

Comment

If I had a "home defense" only AR and tons of ammo, I might consider a "binary" trigger.
                      I "REALLY" don't have any use for one, but some of those guys in the video were in some sort of timed event. Probably fits into their world just fine.

Comment

Looks like Browning copied Colt. When I was shooting on the team High-Standard was the prevalent one to be compared to. Barrel weights, advanced sights, fancy grips, tricked out trigger, etc.. Carried to the range in a fancy shooters box. I carried mine to the range in a holster. It still all depended on the shooter.

Comment

Several years ago I bought an attachment to change the trigger on a Mini-14 to binary. Just a small sliver of shim w/ instructions for installation. $15 mail order. Haven't had the nerve to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                            Several years ago I bought an attachment to change the trigger on a Mini-14 to binary. Just a small sliver of shim w/ instructions for installation. $15 mail order. Haven't had the nerve to try it.
                            Hopefully, if you have pulled the trigger, if you engage the safety, it won't fire when you release the trigger.🤔?
                            ....or basically, how do you interrupt the cycle?

Comment

jhjimbo- When I was on the GOCOM rifle team, we shot stock M 16 A1s. My buddies on the pistol team, got a pistol box, with a match grade .45 ACP, .38 Super, and either a Colt ACE .22 LR or a S&W Model 41. There were supposed to be some Hi Standards, but I never saw one. Two of the staff sergeants in my subcommittee were on the pistol team, and they would come down to the ranch and bring two bricks of target .22LR and their pistol boxes. We shot many many rounds of .22 through those Model 41s, and I usually ended up with two or three boxes of .22 LR to shoot in my pump rifle. No tin can, squirrel, rabbit, rat or paper target was safe when the guys would come down for a weekend. Free ammo courtesy of the USAR.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad