Am I Wrong ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Wrong ?

IF you can not breathe, you can not say 'I Can Not Breathe'.

Yes, you are wrong. If you've ever had trouble taking the next breath you would understand
    Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Yes, you are wrong. If you've ever had trouble taking the next breath you would understand
      You can talk without breathing ? I would like to see that.

Comment

Well, yes and no.

jimbo, consider the constrictor. They kill by slowly suffocating their victim.
        Each time the victim exhales, the snake squeezes a little tighter.
        In Floyd's case, as his breathing became more and more labored, he realized he was having difficulty breathing.
        Rather than say, "I'm having a hard time breathing.", he simply said a panicky, "I can't breathe!".
        In all probability, his struggles had started a cardiac event, which also causes breathing difficulties, and the cop's knee on his neck just exacerbated the whole situation.

Point #1) my eldest is asthmatic, I was awakened from a deep sleep many nights by a small squeaky voice saying, "Dad, (pant) I (pant) can't (pant) breathe!"
        The implication being that breathing was difficult, not impossible.

Point #2) both kids have been LEO's. One still is.
        In training, when a subject has been handcuffed, they are trained to put the subject in a sitting position.
        Leaving a subject handcuffed and in a prone position, they will suffocate, in time. More quickly if they are face down.

The cop should have known, and realized, a human Floyd's age and size, high on drugs and probably no medical care and poor physical condition COULD be subject to cardiac event onset.

I don't think the cop intended to cause Floyd harm, but he was definitely being a putz!

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          IF you can not breathe, you can not say 'I Can Not Breathe'.
          I think you are right

Comment

For once I agree with PigHunter and Bubba, except that I think the kneeling cop intended to do Floyd harm, or was completely indifferent to his suffering.
            When you can hardly breathe, you speak in short sentences.

Comment

Jimbo, I hope if you’re ever out on your boat that you never hear someone call out “help I’m drowning”.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                Jimbo, I hope if you’re ever out on your boat that you never hear someone call out “help I’m drowning”.
                I have already rescued people from the water. I was a Red Cross WSI when in College and taught and certified Life Guards and worked as a Life Guard my self. Also taught handicapped young children not to be scarred of the water and how to float if necessary.
                On a midnight swim my girlfriend got a mouth full of water and I pulled her back to shore - she was only the first of several rescues.
                So, what is your point about someone calling help?
                Last edited by jhjimbo; 07-09-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

you're confusing two different ways of dying. One you are choked to death, your air supply is cut off. The other your lungs are collapsed, there's too much pressure to expand them to breath.

Climbers use a sit harness, and before that they used a "swami belt" or bowline on a coil around the waist, because if you simply tie a bowline, and it rides up to your chest under your arm pits, and you hang by your full weight, you will eventually die because you can't breath.

No CT, no fake news, the entire world full of doctors and scientists are not in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    you're confusing two different ways of dying. One you are choked to death, your air supply is cut off. The other your lungs are collapsed, there's too much pressure to expand them to breath.

Climbers use a sit harness, and before that they used a "swami belt" or bowline on a coil around the waist, because if you simply tie a bowline, and it rides up to your chest under your arm pits, and you hang by your full weight, you will eventually die because you can't breath.

No CT, no fake news, the entire world full of doctors and scientists are not in on it.
                    Same thing if you hang in an older style Archery harness.

Comment

I have already rescued people from the water. I was a Red Cross WSI when in College and taught and certified Life Guards and worked as a Life Guard my self. Also taught handicapped young children not to be scarred of the water and how to float if necessary.
                      On a midnight swim my girlfriend got a mouth full of water and I pulled her back to shore - she was only the first of several rescues.
                      So, what is your point about someone calling help?
                      My point is the same as everyone else’s, it’s possible to be in respiratory distress and still speak.

The simple answer to your question is yes, you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

My point is the same as everyone else’s, it’s possible to be in respiratory distress and still speak.

The simple answer to your question is yes, you are wrong.
                        I did not say respiratory distress, I said if you can not breathe, zero breathing, you can not say I can not breathe. It takes breath to speak.

Comment

I did not say respiratory distress, I said if you can not breathe, zero breathing, you can not say I can not breathe. It takes breath to speak.
                          Zero breathing?!
                          You're passed out, dead or very soon to be dead!

I'm sure you have a point to make by asking this question.

What is your point?

Comment

My point is the MSM exaggerated by saying both I can not breathe and I can not breath at the same time. Impossible, but they put their usual spin on things.

Comment

I may be wrong, but I believe there was an audio to go with the Floyd video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6i41k3MITw

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad