No announcement yet.

What is the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GOP knows it will take a beating in November. I think all the polls are extremely generous for Trump and the Republicans forecasting that he'll lose by a dozen points. So GOP is looking for excuses already. I cannot see how even fraudulent mail in ballots would favour one party over the other. Both parties' constituents could equally abuse the system. It's a phoney excuse in an attempt to delay the inevitable. Forget it. The Constitution specifies there will be an election and it does give the states the right to determine how the elections are held (as long as civil rights are not violated). If the system can be equally abused by all, then there is no reason to invalidate it.

Pmac: Trump has sent his party down the drain and done it all on his own. Don't blame anybody else. The media doesn't make up the stupid crap this guy spews on a daily basis. They don't get a chance to. He has already published his nonsense himself every morning before they can put a different spin on it. Politically Trump is a one man wrecking ball. His only platform at this point is attacking everyone. Blame the media. How pathetic. How shallow. Americans are fed up with that. It's time to get someone reasonably normal in office who can act like a grownup and work towards some semblance of national unity instead of constantly antagonising. This "fight back" bullsh*t is getting us nowhere except polarized. It's time to make America not an embarrassment again. It's time the GOP got its head out of its arse ... or make way for another party. Send the pimple picking fabricators at Fox News back to England to spy on the Royals.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-06-2020, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Actually our voting really is mail in, not absentee. It's been that way a long time, and most everyone votes by mail here. I don't think most states could ramp up to meat the demand in time to vote, but they should be working on it and everyone should move to mail in.

Hawaii, Utah, Oregon, and Washington have also moved to mail in and Michigan is trying to do it.

At first it just saves some lines at polling places, then there need to be fewer polling places and fewer election judges, states save lots of money. Californian says they'll send ballots to everyone. Many states moved the primaries to mail in. It doesn't happen over night like throwing a light switch. It takes a couple elections.

Comment

Rat, with your system do you have to fill out a application each year, OR does the ballot come to you automatically ? Automatic ballots are fraught with fraud. A local radio host here lost his wife several years ago and she keeps on getting a ballot every year. There is no way to clean up the rolls when the mailing is automatic. IF Trump suspects fraud, he will not accept results and declare the election null and void. The Country will probably be set on fire. Mail in votes from a County with more votes than eligible voters should be tossed out immediately.

Comment

Anytime....ANY time, a paper instrument (ballot) passes through a set of hands, there is that off chance of manipulation, intentional or not.
          To go into a polling place, take a blank ballot, mark it and place it IN the machine itself should give one the satisfaction of knowing that there has been NO hanky-panky between vote and count.

Comment

"A local radio host here lost his wife several years ago and she keeps on getting a ballot every year. "

I'd bet a million bucks that radio host did not forge his wife's signature on her ballot and mail it in, the penalties are much to severe to bother chancing a vote that is one out of millions. Dead people get left on the ballot with conventional polling, yet no one goes in and tries to vote using their name.

The instances of ballot harvesting and actual outright fraud have happened in very small election where 20 or 30 votes can well make a difference.

There are many ways to win an election by manipulating votes, the easiest way is to keep the people you don't want voting, from voting. Ever waited in line 4 hours to vote? No? Yet we see lines of black people down the block, around the corner and down the next block. Ever wonder why, gee, who would benefit if black people didn't vote?

Another way is to make voting as hard as possible to do. One day only, no time off from work.

Or maybe just strike people from the rolls, say anyone with a name that sounds a little ethnic.

Instead of trying to manipulate the vote, why doesn't the Republican Party simply run on issues important to most Americans like universal health care, triple the minimum wage, stamp out the covid virus, etc etc.

Comment

Rat, Health Care is not a right - you can buy all you can afford. At one time or another I have had a lot of people working for me and I can tell you, in most cases, people are paid about what they are worth to the Company. Nobody can stamp out any flu virus.

Comment

"... I'm as informed simply consulting with my dining room table. ..."

...and it shows!!!πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Mail fraud committed by postal carrier in W Virginia. If there's going to be cheating, it's predictable who is going to be doing it. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    Mail fraud committed by postal carrier in W Virginia. If there's going to be cheating, it's predictable who is going to be doing it. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/09/u...imes&smtyp=cur
                    The New York Slimes? Really? The same rag that fired an editor for allowing a Tom Cotton (R-AR) article to be printed?

Not only that, they wanted me to pay to read the article!
                    I don't think so Scooter!
                    I'm not paying a liberally biased b.s. rag.

Comment

"Not only that, they wanted me to pay to read the article!"

Cause you already used up your 3 free articles per month. What are you doing reading that commy paper of record anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

The New York Slimes? Really? The same rag that fired an editor for allowing a Tom Cotton (R-AR) article to be printed?

Not only that, they wanted me to pay to read the article!
                        I don't think so Scooter!
                        I'm not paying a liberally biased b.s. rag.
                        Fb you shouldn't pay any attention to rat he's a failed political writer. Probably got fired from Huffington postπŸ˜‚

Also prolly bitter he can't pay for his own healthcare.

Comment

Dead cat gets voter registration form!
                          You betcha! Let's vote by mail!
                          R-I-G-H-T!!!!!!
                          NOTHING could go wrong!πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2020/...-12-years-ago/

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                            "Not only that, they wanted me to pay to read the article!"

Cause you already used up your 3 free articles per month. What are you doing reading that commy paper of record anyway?
                            Unlike you, rock roach, I look to see where your links lead.
                            I know YOU won't believe it rock rat, but the MAIN reason I scan liberal articles is, I'm looking for that edge or information that may just convince me I'm wrong.
                            So far, no dice.

Besides, by reading publications like the NY "Slimes", it's like reading your instruction manual.

You see, the CEO of "Goya", Robert Unanue, threw his support, publicly, behind Donald J. Trump in Trump's election bid.
                            Before Trump and Unanue made it back into the White House, liberals (AOC and Julian Castro) were already calling for a boycott of Goya in the hopes they can destroy the man's business! ...and they weren't shy about saying it was simply because he "publicly backed Trump"!
                            Nice, huh?

Then there was the guy who had on the MAGA facemask in a mall when the manager of "Bath & Body Works" steps out of the store and tells the man "F--k Donald Trump!"
                            He turns on his phone video and asks the woman if he heard her correctly, repeating the statement verbatim.
                            "Yes," she assured him from behind her pink mask, "that's exactly what I think of him!"

See rat, conservatives are tolerant of liberals.
                            Liberals, on the other hand, are completely intolerant of anything that IS NOT liberal and it must be destroyed.

So, you keep running from my "redneck" links. It just shows your complete and total intolerance and abhorrence of anything conservative.

Since it's FOX, I know you won't read it, but here's a link that gives several prominent, political names that are calling for boycotting Goya foods for no other reason than he supported Trump.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/goya...-alfredo-ortiz

Explain to me if you will, and I know you won't, what is so dastardly about Mr. Unanue's support of Trump that prominent people should boycott his business?

No need to answer.
                            It's "liberal intolerance".

Trump 2020!

Pence 2024!
                            Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-11-2020, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad