• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Click image for larger version

Name:	5D43710F-E848-4144-B1AF-F3326A7FCD0D.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	737698

Three days with no cell service and this is what’s waiting. Oh well. Haven’t seen where shots were fired so at worst it would be menacing, but not in my opinion. Looks like both have their fingers outside the trigger guards so good on them.

We haven’t seen the last of these situations.
    K. Gardner has already admonished the McCloskey's for their actions and has pledged to file whatever charges possible against them or make up some charges if necessary.

Comment

To get back to the point in dispute, PigHunter's comment (#24) states in his own words,

"
      According to Findlaw.com, Missouri's law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first."

However, the exact words in Findlaw.com are follows:

"Missouri's law is more extensive than the law in other states because it permits property owners to use the amount of force reasonably perceived as necessary, including deadly force.

However, case law suggests it does not go so far as permitting the use of deadly force to merely protect personal property. In 2016, the state Supreme Court held in State v. Whipple that deadly force under the castle doctrine can only be used when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to protect yourself or someone else from imminent harm."

That is a plainly dishonest misquotation from the source both by alteration of the first paragraph and omission of the second.

Comment

Dewman -

The Whipple decision quoted the requirements for the use of deadly force as follows:

"A defendant must prove the existence of four prerequisites in order for him to have been entitled to use force in self-defense. State v. Chambers, 671 S.W.2d 781, 783 (Mo. banc 1984); State v. Habermann, 93 S.W.3d 835, 837 (Mo. App. E.D. 2002).
        Specifically
        , a defendant must present substantial evidence that, (1) he did not provoke or was not the aggressor; (2) he had reasonable grounds for believing he was faced with immediate danger of serious bodily harm; (3) he did not use more force than was reasonably necessary; and (4) he did everything in his power consistent with his own safety to avoid the danger."

Comment

"Fredo" Cuomo gets it ALL wrong! LOL!

https://www.redstate.com/sister-told...ultiple-times/

Comment

Hell with it. I've hit my bullshit limit, time to head to new ground. ADIOS AMIGOS? STAY SAFE!
            Last edited by dewman; 07-01-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              [COLOR=#bdc3c7]To get back to the point in dispute, PigHunter's comment (#24) states in his own words,
              You EFFING Idiot, look at my source. They were the ones quoting Findlaw. Take it up with them. There's only a dispute in your own insane mind.
              Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                Hell with it. I've hit my bullshit limit, time to head to new ground. ADIOS AMIGOS? STAY SAFE!
                Thanks Dewman, you too.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

You EFFING Idiot, look at my source. They were the ones quoting Findlaw. Take it up with them. There's only a dispute in your own insane mind.
                  Not so fast, Sneakyboots.
                  Don't try to muddy the waters.
                  YOU are the SOURCE misquoting Findlaw in your Comment #24.
                  It is there for all to see. They don't have to take my word for it.
                  YOUR comment asserts that deadly force may be used in defense of property, and you quote Findlaw as authority.
                  But the link to Findlaw asserts the contrary.
                  Your only out is to admit that you mistook the words "Property owner" in describing the party claiming the right of self defense to mean the owner of "personal property" that he could use deadly force to defend.

Last edited by 99explorer; 07-01-2020, 08:34 PM.

Comment

It just occurred to me that PigHumper was plagiarizing an article written by some unnamed source, and whom he is now blaming for the erroneous statement of the law.
                    But in so quoting that without accredation, he was adopting its authorship and accuracy.
                    Shame on him.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      It just occurred to me that PigHumper was plagiarizing an article written by some unnamed source, and whom he is now blaming for the erroneous statement of the law.
                      But in so quoting that without accredation, he was adopting its authorship and accuracy.
                      Shame on him.
                      You're definitely not the sharpest tack in the box. I can't believe it took you that long to see your error. Thanks for admitting you were wrong

Comment

I have admitted that I was wrong in the past, when my source of information were wrong.
                        But I was wrong in this case by giving you too much credit.
                        I guess I put you on the spot in making you defend a false statement made by somebody else.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I miss some of those old guys.
                          I miss Treestand. I hope he's doing okay

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Lot's of "old timers" missing.
                            Some I miss.
                            Some not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Tree has been on in the last month or two. He lost his lady friend and moved from N.Florida to S.Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Tree has been on in the last month or two. He lost his lady friend and moved from N.Florida to S.Florida.
                                That's tough. Let him know that I'm pullin' for him will ya?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad