No announcement yet.

Couple defend home.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much worse must things become before people (mainly those in charge, if there are any) start to see what this is all leading to and continue to do nothing, and people with a brain begin to take issues into their own hands ?? People who are not defended from violent mobs, will not stand by and watch their families or property be attacked and looted, burned or otherwise destroyed ! People will take just so much, and will then act in their own defense ! We are entering a time close to anarchy and the unrest will be much worse as the scum of this country learns that their actions are without arrest and penalty. Why would we expect things to change in their actions with the current result of a free hand and with them also receiving credence from many dimwit politicians ?
    Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 06-30-2020, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I think Bubba lives in Oklahoma...

https://news.yahoo.com/homeowner-sho...225659089.html

Comment

When the bad guys a screaming they want to kill you and burn your home from 20 feet away, McCloskey & wife were justified in their actions.

Gardner was assisted in her campaign by none other than Geo. Soros! Mega lib!

1) Gardner WILL charge the homeowners with something, no matter how cheesy to paint THEM as the bad guys.
        2) Not one trespassing protestor will pay a dime's restitution or a minute in the pokey.
        Nor will any of them EVER be ID'd!

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...-what-he-said/
        Last edited by FirstBubba; 06-30-2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

whiny 9- "Texas law says the exact opposite. Texas Penal Code ยง9.41 allows you to use force, not deadly force, that is reasonably........."

whiny 9, legal expert. You quoted the statue regarding defense of property, as in items that might be carried away. Trespass with intent to do harm, and breaking and entering, ie, when he broke the iron gate, constitutes a whole different scenario. whiny, just admit you are an idjit, you don't live in TEXAS, (Thank God), and you don't know what you are writing about. You are the F&S version of joe biden.

Last edited by crm3006; 07-01-2020, 07:21 AM. Reason: Edited to re-space on the page.

Comment

I don't like the pandering that's going on here. Trespassing (even if the protesters think they're in acting in a form of civil disobedience) carries an inherent threat. Have to agree with Bubba on this one, if I have to defend my house and property from a crowd I'm going to do it on my terms. I think the presence of firearms actually can serve as a peaceful deterrent.

Some of the morons were yelling it was a public street, which it clearly wasn't.

There seems to be some contention about the Gate.

Pictures after the Fact Clearly show the gate being broken

Live Video of the protest however shows the gate to be open and undamaged.
            https://twitter.com/i/status/1277742108984647686

The guard involved should probably be fired. (Guard Visible, Gate still intact)

Comment

Buckshott00, in one of the links I posted, the "gate" is clearly marked as "Private Property".
              ...and you are so correct!
              A mob breaking through a gate, in a menacing manner, onto your private property, threatening your life and your home, is different than the mere theft of property.
              I have not looked at the laws lately, but at one time, in Texas, if you caught a thief leaving with your property, you had the "right" to use whatever force necessary to recover "your" property.

I believe it was Dallas where the woman caught an intruder leaving her garage with her son's bicycle.
              When confronted, the perp asked, "Wha'cha gonna do? Shoot me?"
              "BANG!"
              She didn't kill him, but he DID NOT leave the scene on his own! LOL!

Comment

I applaud the McCloskey couple for their restraint in holding fire.
                They are both lawyers, and obviously better acquainted with the laws involving deadly force than the trigger-happy tough talkers on this forum, who think that sudden gunfire is an appropriate response to shouts threatening violence.
                I am sure the McCloskeys are glad they only have to answer for a display of weapons, rather than manslaughter or murder.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 07-01-2020, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                  I applaud the McCloskey couple for their restraint in holding fire.
                  They are both lawyers, and obviously better acquainted with the laws involving deadly force than the trigger-happy tough talkers on this forum, who think that sudden gunfire is an appropriate response to shouts threatening violence.
                  I am sure they are glad they only have to answer for a display of weapons, rather than manslaughter or murder.
                  Yep, and I bet in the same situation you would be soiling your panties, just saying
                  Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

This happened in St. Louis.

According to Findlaw.com, Missouri's law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first.

More specifically, a person does not have a duty to retreat:

(1) From a dwelling, residence, or vehicle where the person is not unlawfully entering or unlawfully remaining;

(2) From private property that is owned or leased by such individual; or

(3) If the person is in any other location such person has the right to be.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...5-c270a0fd2879

Comment

I subscribe to a legal defense service, and receive regular reports about armed citizens serving prison time for their haste in resorting to deadly force.

Comment

St. Louis man who went viral defending his property speaks out on 'Tucker'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiIZTVuSUiY

Comment

I subscribe to a legal defense service, and receive regular reports about armed citizens serving prison time for their haste in resorting to deadly force.
                          So what does that matter? It doesn't make you special. I do the same, as well as thousands of other gun owners.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                            This happened in St. Louis.

According to Findlaw.com, Missouri's law is more extensive than those of other states because it allows you to use deadly force to attack an intruder to protect any private property that you own, in addition to yourself or another individual. This means that if someone illegally enters your front porch or backyard, you can use deadly force against them without retreating first.

More specifically, a person does not have a duty to retreat:

(1) From a dwelling, residence, or vehicle where the person is not unlawfully entering or unlawfully remaining;

(2) From private property that is owned or leased by such individual; or

(3) If the person is in any other location such person has the right to be.

https://www.ksdk.com/article/news/lo...5-c270a0fd2879
                            You left out this part:

However, case law suggests it does not go so far as permitting the use of deadly force to merely protect personal property. In 2016, the state Supreme Court held in State v. Whipple that deadly force under the castle doctrine can only be used when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to protect yourself or someone else from imminent harm.

Comment

Also, duty to retreat is a separate doctrine from the use of deadly force.
                              The absence of a duty to retreat does not confer the right to use deadly force.

Comment

You left out this part:

However, case law suggests it does not go so far as permitting the use of deadly force to merely protect personal property. In 2016, the state Supreme Court held in State v. Whipple that deadly force under the castle doctrine can only be used when you reasonably believe such force is necessary to protect yourself or someone else from imminent harm.
                                Dumbass, forget about the property. You don't think an angry mob in your front yard warrants being concerned about personal safety? Like it's already been said, you've become the Joe Biden of F&S

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                                  by PigHunter
                                  Jim, there's no way that would be allowed on a modern construction site. Those holes were a potential death trap without something shoring up the sides....
                                  Today, 06:57 PM
                                • 16 Years
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                                  08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                                • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  Yeah. Too bad. Too bad this site doesn't have a moderator to flush BS artists like that noncontributory crm troll. He never gives up making a fool of...
                                  Today, 06:52 PM
                                • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                                  by derek7
                                  Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                                  08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                                • Reply to No-Drill Adjustable Cheek Riser
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Kinda unnerstan what your talking about.
                                  I had a few of those, "That's cool!".
                                  That evolved into, "I like that!" and suddenly...
                                  Today, 06:51 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X