No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hidalgo and Starr counties in TX have just issued "shelter in place" orders. I'd heard the Rio Grande Valley was somehow hard hit but couldn't understand why, compared to Houston and Dallas they didn't have that many cases.

Comment

• Kimberly Guilfoyle had attended the big rally in Tulsa two weeks ago.
      We don't know for sure if there is a connection between the rally and the positive test for the virus, but I wish her well. She is just too pretty to be sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by PigHunter
        Maskless patrons pack Birmingham bars as COVID-19 cases rise in Jefferson County

https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/mask...on-county.html

Mandatory mask orders are simply not going to be followed. Period. The politicians and health officials are living in a fantasy, and the police are not going to enforce it.
        It is nice to live in a place where respect for law and order is an ingrained part of the culture, not to mention respect for neighbours' health. Quite the opposite in the Deep South, my experience anyway.

I see the cops in BC are putting the hammer down hard on Americans travelling to Alaska who decide to do site-seeing tours along the way. Multiple $1200 fines. Canada has graciously allowed Americans to drive through to and from Alaska ... but only STRAIGHT through. A Texas license plate in Victoria? What was the guy thinking? Banff and Jasper Parks have been the big dragnets for this crap. When/if I go to Montana to hunt this fall, I will be driving straight through (as always ... 25+ hours) and ONLY stopping for gas (debit card in the pumps). A cooler full of sandwiches, snacks, and high caffeine pop should get me to Montana without any shopping. Maybe drive through McDs. No stopping at Scheels in Grand Forks. Once I'm there 14 day quarantine will be easy. Stay in my trailer at night and hunt the fields alone during the daytime. I'll have my brother load the trailer with grub before he sets it up for me.

The reckless attitude in South is only going to hurt American business more if they have to roll back to Stage One. We are finally stepping into Stage Three here. Only three cases of COVID-19 and two in hospital (urban population here is 120,000). Theatres and bars will be opening soon but I won't be going. I still avoid grocery stores if too many cars in the parking lot. Generally everyone at trap/skeet is very cooperative with social distancing, etc. A lot of older "at risk" guys (like me) and we're losing them fast enough as it is. Will be going to Toronto for hernia surgery soon. Hope to drive rather than fly. Two day trip. Guess it depends on what the doctors order.
        Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-04-2020, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• When I lived in Texas, many of my neighbors rebelled at the mandatory seat belt law, swearing that it was unenforceable.
          Then one day, the wife of a cattle rancher up the road came home with a citation for failure to wear a seat belt, and it cost him $160.
          End of protest. End of story.

Comment

• Another negative endorsement for Trump: Former CIA Director and Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta accuses Trump of going AWOL on the coronavirus.

https://news.yahoo.com/dereliction-d...234624457.html

Comment

• I suppose we need not worry anymore about the COVID-19 virus, because Donald Trump has just assured us that 99% of the cases are totally harmless.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-...004830970.html
              Last edited by 99explorer; 07-05-2020, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                I suppose we need not worry anymore about the COVID-19 virus, because Donald Trump has just assured us that 99% of the cases are totally harmless.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-claims-...004830970.html
                And he knows this because ... he just knows it. His natural born superhuman knowledge of all things scientific. Surely no one with half a brain wrote that speech. Good grief!

Comment

• More anti Trump nonsense.

Comment

• https://reason.com/2020/07/01/covid-...2-new-studies/

Comment

• whiny 9 and honk the phony are both too far gone into TDS to look at FACTS.
                      Fact 1. More tests are now available, ergo, more testing, more cases.
                      Fact 2. Many "positive cases" are from persons that are either asymptomatic, or just not suffering effects worse than a bad cold.
                      Fact 3. Hospitals always run ICUs at as near capacity as possible.
                      Fact 4. Masks do absolutely nothing to stop the spread of the chinese communist virus. One virologist compared wearing a typical mask to stop a virus like "throwing a pencil eraser at an open garage door."
                      Fact 5. No comparison of the rates of spread of the chicom virus versus the hospitalization rates is a valid comparison, until and unless you compare the rate of deaths caused by the chicom virus, and only the chicom virus, to the number of cases.
                      Fact 6. Death rates and number of cases are being vastly overstated, because of the fear and control factor, because of media bias, and last but not least, every illness that can be linked to the chicom virus, brings in more money to the hospital.

Comment

• '06
                        It's sad, really, that the left and the lame stream media have got America in such a meltdown.

It's also sad that so many have fallen for the "Hazzard County Shuck & Jive".

You can't reason people out of a position they've reasoned themselves into.
                        Right, wrong or indifferent, they've convinced themselves it's another "Black Death" epidemic and the MSM is driving the bus.

Comment

• You jokers are doing a disservice to our readers in spreading that Trump election year propaganda.
                          The health care professionals advise the use of masks, social distancing and hand washing, and we had better believe them over a couple of fish-catchin' coon-chasin' Trump fanatics.

https://news.yahoo.com/239-experts-1...151916602.html
                          Last edited by 99explorer; 07-06-2020, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• CRM for someone with so little understanding of the matter under discussion I'd lay off the name calling. If I were in your shoes I'd have a slight bit of humility.

Positivity rates are a very good indicator of how much the virus is spreading through the population, doesn't matter if you are doing a hundred or a million tests, if the rate is above 5% it's worrisome, above 10 you got a real problem, above 25 like in AZ you got a disaster in the making. I explained it to you before, either you didn't read or didn't understand.

When ICUs fill up with covid it's not like other diseases, they stay on for a long time, or they go out the door with a tag on their toe. They fill one and they turn another ward into an ICU or put beds up and down the hall.

At this point to say masks do no good is beyond ludicrous. Why do you think everyone in hospitals wear them? Mask use is being made mandatory in place after place, it's not some plot to make you look funny. Hospitals are getting emergency funding to keep the doors open while they lose money. Many counties have zero hospitals.

The south lags on funding for hospitals, many had to close, they wouldn't take Medicaid expansion. From E Texas to Miami and up the Atlantic seaboard the south is a mess of high infection rates.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-05 at 9.20.00 PM.png
Views:	69
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	737972
                            Might be time to skip Beck, Hannity, and Rush. Go for sanity.

Comment

• whiny 9 blathers: "You jokers are doing a disservice to our readers in spreading that Trump election year propaganda.
                              The health care professionals advise the use of masks, social distancing and hand washing, and we had better believe them over a couple of fish-catchin' coon-chasin' Trump fanatics."

9 the whine, I know what I read, and I know what I see. I do not subscribe to the fact that the so called doctor, fauci, is the be-all, end-all expert on the chinese communist virus. He has reversed himself and changed his position so many times, he is no longer credible. Other Doctors, many of them virologists, have contradicted fauci, and called a lot of his statements into question. Frankly, I wonder why President Trump has not told him, "You're FIRED!" fauci is being exposed as a deep state operative, who actually has no idea what he will be saying next. The who, cdc, and fauci, all have discredited themselves with their inaccurate and contradictory statements and positions. Refer back to Fact 1. in my previous post, whiny 9, then ponder this; "If more IQ tests were administered, there would be more morons exposed, wouldn't there?" Actually, whiney, you and your fear mongering, anti-Trump bullsquat along with that clueless Canajan, aka honk the phony, are the ones doing a disservice to the readership.

Comment

• rock roach posts "CRM for someone with so little understanding of the matter under discussion...."

rr- I will just put that down to your well known TDS and communist sympathies. I have neither the time nor patience to further waste time replying to a "useful idiot."

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad