No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds horrific, except for the hunting pheasants part. Looking forward to hospitals being a safe place to go for care. Strange comments some of these.

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      "... The pain had me literally doubled over. ..."

...and you continued to hunt rather than seek medical advice/attention?
      Guess you'll just uncouple your heart monitor, strap on an O2 tank, go crawl through 8 foot snow drifts and kill a possession of roosters. Kill and recover a mule deer and tromp through 100 miles of tules before driving back to Ontario to continue your cardiac care in ICU.

What a dork!

Not tending to medical conditions as they arise is insipidy stupid. Especially for anybody, male or female, over 60 years old.

Not only that, if you had been seized by one of those pain episodes, lost control of your vehicle, you could very well have killed or injured an innocent traveler.
      ...and don't tell me you were in full control, you didn't know you weren't have a cardiac event.
      Stupid, stupid, stupid!
      What an idiot! Gall stone symptoms are not anything like cardiac distress symptoms. Neither is a toothache. Pain is in the wrong place. I suspected upper colon. Clearly nothing cardio related. No pain when sitting or laying down so no problems driving.

In the present environment it is reckless to go to the hospital for anything that's not life threatening. My symptoms were intermittent and at that time not serious enough for me to consider it worth the risk of going to the hospital. Three people died from COVID in the tiny community hospital over that weekend. Wasn't sure if it was just something in my diet or food poisoning, which is common for gall stone symptoms. I was/am wearing a hernia truss 24/7 which kept that issue manageable. I was 100% certain the two issues were unrelated as the double over pain was too high ... but too low to be cardio.

I had no fever, no nausea, good appetite, no problems with bowel movements, no weakness, and generally still tough as hell. The pain was mystifying and annoying but clearly not life threatening. At home it got to the point where I couldn't stand up for even a few minutes. Then it was time to take the risk. Fortunately the ER had very few people and no one with COVID symptoms. Changing diet and cutting back intake seems to have helped a lot.

Comment

• "Physician, heal thyself!"

Comment

• Nationwide it still seems like we are struggling at the plateau stage of both infections and deaths. Infections somewhere around 215,000 per day and deaths just above 2,500 or 10,000 every 4 days.

I was reading about life expectancy. I guess we improved over the last couple of years, mostly due to reduced drug OD and reduced suicide. Both of which I'd pin on increased wages and employment to the lower paid workers (Trump did good). Those couple months we added will be erased and maybe a couple years subtracted. Worst drop in life expectancy since WWII.

Mask up

Avoid going inside with people outside your family that you live with.

Couple more months.

Comment

• From honk the phony: "What an idiot! Gall stone symptoms are not anything like cardiac distress symptoms. Neither is a toothache. Pain is in the wrong place. I suspected....."

Sounds like Bubba isn't the idiot here, honk the phony. You have to look in the mirror to find an idiot. From reading your highly improbable description of the latest in a series of highly improbable adventures of the mighty honk, I draw a few conclusions.
            If and only if there is any veracity to your latest tall tale at all, you are an idiot.
            You are frightened witless of the possibility of catching a virus that has a 99+% survival rate, and more frightened of government regulations than you are of the virus.
            Your story of the gallstone symptoms does not ring true in the slightest. Having experienced gallstone symptoms and treatment in three seperate immediate family members, your description of symptoms is not in the slightest bit accurate. The pain of a flare up is excruciating and debilitating. You would never have been able to drive for twenty hours with a gallstone flare up.
            I will file this away as another highly dramatized and mostly fictionalized chapter in the honk-honk file, where the fiction outweighs the tiny nuggets of truth overwhelmingly, by the actual accounts of the mighty honk.

Comment

• "... the double over pain ..."

There's your first freakin' clue, dipwad.
              If you're having "double over pain", thorax or abdomen, the last thing you need is a steering wheel in your hands.

I've know more than enough who the coroner wasn't able to determine if they had a heart attack and the wreck killed them or they had a wreck and a heart attack killed them.

The main thing, don't take out innocent people around you.
              Last edited by FirstBubba; 12-22-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

• From #1 Bubba: "There's your first freakin' clue, dipwad."
                If you're having "double over pain", thorax or abdomen, the last thing you need is a steering wheel in your hands. (Quote from honk the phony)

Did not happen, Bubba. Either the phony is drastically overstating his symptoms, or he didn't make any 20 hour non stop drive. Having an acute gallstone attack and then driving twenty hours non stop is beyond the physical capabilities of anyone, even the mighty honk.
                I can see the bull feces squeezing out from between every line of those last two posts. either he was not having a gallstone attack, or he didn't make that hunt and that drive. The one prohibits the other.

Comment

• Between kidney stones and broken bones, I've had about all the pain I care to deal with!

Comment

• Back on topic.

Who to believe?
                    Trump has been telling us the worst of the pandemic is behind us.
                    Biden is now telling us that the worst is still ahead of us.
                    Science is telling us that even with the vaccine, we should still be wearing masks and social distancing.
                    My gut is telling me that Darwin was right, and I will survive.

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                      From #1 Bubba: "There's your first freakin' clue, dipwad."
                      If you're having "double over pain", thorax or abdomen, the last thing you need is a steering wheel in your hands. (Quote from honk the phony)

Did not happen, Bubba. Either the phony is drastically overstating his symptoms, or he didn't make any 20 hour non stop drive. Having an acute gallstone attack and then driving twenty hours non stop is beyond the physical capabilities of anyone, even the mighty honk.
                      I can see the bull feces squeezing out from between every line of those last two posts. either he was not having a gallstone attack, or he didn't make that hunt and that drive. The one prohibits the other.
                      What an idiot! What you know about gall stones wouldn't fill an amoeba's jockey shorts. Had the gall stone been lodged in my bile duct to small intestine I would have been on the operating table in short order, COVID pandemic or no pandemic. But my gall stone (only one showed up on ultrasound) is for the time being staying put in the gall bladder. A load of fatty food can trigger an excessive output of bile from the liver sent down to the gall bladder which in turn agitates the stone (think flakes in a snow globe). This painfully irritates the gall bladder but in no way is "acute". Certainly not at this stage. "Acute" would be a bile duct blockage ... which would lead to infection, fever, nausea, etc. I had none of those symptoms. Remaining still and seated behind the drivers wheel essentially allowed the snow globe to settle and irritation ceased. Curtailing fatty intake, or any intake (I usually eat little or nothing on the long drive home because it makes me sleepy), also reduced the snow globe activity in the gall bladder. Hence, the long drive was perhaps the most therapeutic thing I could have been doing under the circumstances. As long as the stone stays out of the bile duct, this condition is merely uncomfortable. And only after I've eaten a lot and engaging in activity.
                      Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 12-23-2020, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• More bull feces from honk the phony. Either you are overstating your symptoms, or you are full of it. To see an idiot, look in the mirror.

Comment

• This ain't "webmd" nor is ol Honk much smarter than an earthworm in a jock strap.

Never claimed to be a MD, but I've learned way more about the skeletal system since 1991 than I ever wanted to.
                          I'm sure there are folks that have broken more bones than I have.
                          I said something to a buddy in a feed store one day about dealing with a kidney stone. Lady at the checkout said, "I've had three children AND kidney stones! I'll take childbirth ANY day!"

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            This ain't "webmd" nor is ol Honk much smarter than an earthworm in a jock strap.

Never claimed to be a MD, but I've learned way more about the skeletal system since 1991 than I ever wanted to.
                            I'm sure there are folks that have broken more bones than I have.
                            I said something to a buddy in a feed store one day about dealing with a kidney stone. Lady at the checkout said, "I've had three children AND kidney stones! I'll take childbirth ANY day!"

Now hang on there Blubber.

​​​​​​"I've learned way more about the skeletal system since 1991 than I ever wanted to."

is that any way for an invertebrate to talk? I mean that isn't your lived experience is it?

Comment

• https://redstate.com/streiff/2020/12...s-nuts-n300256

Comment

• Speaking of gall, I watched a bunch of old Meateater episodes this weekend and Rinella used gall juice to season a slice of raw buffalo liver, just like the old mountain men used to do. He said it was vile, and made his tongue tingle like touching it to a 9-volt battery.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Toothy friends
                                  by Solitario Lupo
                                  Never gotten into pickerel. I have seen some nice ones over the years.

As for pike I’ll get them every once in awhile just floating minns....
                                  Today, 12:36 PM
                                • Toothy friends
                                  by Solitario Lupo
                                  Just thought I’d share some pics.
                                  05-07-2021, 12:09 PM
                                • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  You should watch his video - very well researched.

The original has been removed. Here is another that has some of the same content....
                                  Today, 11:37 AM
                                • Mike Lyndell's new site
                                  by franchi20
                                  Mike Lyndell will make a formal announcement from the Corn Palace, 6:00CDT, launching FrankSpeech.com. Check dakotanewsnow.com/news/.
                                  Yesterday, 01:50 PM
                                • Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  If fraud is found in several States and confirmed by the Court system all the way to the Supreme Court they will have to reverse the Election results...
                                  Today, 11:26 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X