No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is some more support for the contention that COVID-19 deaths are under-reported.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-19-deat...183145715.html

Comment

It appears that Fox News has begun to acknowledge the severity of the disease, parting company with the president on this issue.

https://news.yahoo.com/as-coronaviru...200834996.html

Comment

I hate to be a chicken little but the Covid news seems dire. 50,000 infections a day is a lot. Good part is not so many deaths yet.

Three weeks ago the number of new cases were at about their lowest level. Maybe that's why new deaths are still at about their lowest level. At 5% mortality of confirmed cases we should be seeing 2,500 deaths per day in 3 weeks. I just can't imagine. Maybe mortality rates have dropped per positive test, I hope. In my state new cases continue to shrink, I think my county has about 7 new cases a day, statewide maybe 250 new cases daily.

I sure do wish we could close our borders. Texas is like thirteen hours away. To Dallas Ft Worth I mean. I've heard the Rio Grand Valley is real busy too. Houston of course. Rich people fly into all the mountain resorts. the hospitals are tiny, any full blown infection would swamp them. Still a lot of people dying, not all old, not all with underlying conditions, some just 30 or 40 years old.

Comment

Here is the sad tale of a California trucker who briefly broke quarantine to attend a barbecue with friends, one of whom had recently tested positive but did not tell anyone.

https://news.yahoo.com/because-stupi...150325712.html

Comment

Texas governor just made masks mandatory. Restriction on gatherings of more than 10 people. Says they're going to "corral" the virus. Whooeee doggy, gid-yap.

Comment

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...ding-new-study

Comment

Meanwhile, we seem to have the largest supply of the proven drug, Remdesivir.

https://news.yahoo.com/covid-hit-chi...221859435.html

Comment

Alabama college students are throwing COVID parties, and betting on who gets sick first.

https://news.yahoo.com/alabama-colle...094819467.html

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    Texas governor just made masks mandatory. Restriction on gatherings of more than 10 people. Says they're going to "corral" the virus. Whooeee doggy, gid-yap.
                    But according to crm the phony it's all a bald faced lie. No problems at all in Texas.

Comment

• From honk the phony: But according to crm the phony it's all a bald faced lie. No problems at all in Texas.

More testing means more cases, honk the dimwit. Many people are either asymptomatic or not sick enough to go to a hospital, but are getting tested if the symptoms seem like the chinese communist virus. There is no shortage of hospital space in TEXAS, nor is there any great spike in the death ratio vs the cases reported. Stay in Canaja, honk the phony, probably huddled down in your root cellar with a mask on.

Comment

• CRM - If that were true, we could end the pandemic by stopping the testing.

https://www.accountable.us/news/penc...e-covid-cases/

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                          From honk the phony: But according to crm the phony it's all a bald faced lie. No problems at all in Texas.

More testing means more cases, honk the dimwit. Many people are either asymptomatic or not sick enough to go to a hospital, but are getting tested if the symptoms seem like the chinese communist virus. There is no shortage of hospital space in TEXAS, nor is there any great spike in the death ratio vs the cases reported. Stay in Canaja, honk the phony, probably huddled down in your root cellar with a mask on.
                          Gov. G. Abbott (R - TX) ripped his shorts over the new "mask" rules. If I was a Texas resident, that dude would be returning to the private sector next election!
                          I always kinda admired Abbott until he pulled this stunt.
                          It doesn't matter whether he folded to public pressure or decided to be PC, I'm done with him!

'06, heard yesterday that businesses are forcing employees to take COVID-19 tests, inflating the numbers.
                          Houston (liberal s#¡t hole!) area hospitals are whining about their ICU's running at >90% capacity.
                          DUH! There normal ICU capacities normally run 90% to 95%.
                          An empty ICU bed ain't making any money!

...and then there are the fiscal incentives for simply adding "COVID-19" to a patients chart, whether they have it or not!

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                            From honk the phony: But according to crm the phony it's all a bald faced lie. No problems at all in Texas.

Yeah, and all those people in the hospitals there are just trying out ventilators. Or maybe they just like the food. Or checking to see how much credit the bank will give them. The governor thinks trying to keep his fellow Texans alive (especially front line health workers) is more important than towing the Trump line (whatever that may be at any given moment is anybody's guess). My hat's off to the guy for swimming against the current ... which at this point is nothing but a massive whirlpool ... going down the drain.

I got a kick out of Trump telling the reporter "Oh yeah, I wear a mask. I tried one. I thought it made me look good. Like the Lone Ranger." Ummm ... Donald, the Lone Ranger wore a mask over his eyes, not his mouth and nose. Hah, hah, hah! What a clown.

Comment

• CRM what you say makes a lot of sense, and the number of tests has doubled in 21 days as have the number of people testing positive. There's one more statistic to look at though, what percentage test positive. Usually when you start testing anyone and everyone all the people that had a tired day or thought they were next to someone who looked sick, etc get tested and the percent of positive tests go down, they aren't, they've doubled. Texas has a full fledged catastrophe headed it's way, or that's how it seems to most observers, including the governor. The governor at some point has to decide if he can tough it out any longer, businesses and hard core ideolouges are the denialists in every state, and there comes a point where reality comes crashing down. Trump can rant and rave, the governor has nine thousand cases of Covid 19 a day whereas 9 days ago he had half that number. The governor is trying to save what he can of his state's economy. If 15% of cases end up in the hospital that's 1500 a day by tomorrow, average hospital stay is what, a month? The number just don't work out.

Soon we all might be Texas.

Comment

• Donald Trump Jr.'s girlfriend just tested positive for the COVID-19 virus.
                                Quick, give her a shot of hydroxychloroquine, that miracle drug Trump has been pushing!

https://news.yahoo.com/kimberly-guil...022600058.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad