Clear All

• Click image for larger version

Name:	128276653_10217324741290834_5432508782569164437_o.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	761907

Comment

• .....illegals in the country......!

We might as well get used to it, biden has already stated he will up the immigration figures as soon as he is in office. Of course his immigration policy was never covered prior to the election, as was not his foreign policy. But, it was found to be important by the media questioning him, just what his favorite flavor of ice cream is. I wonder when the border wall will start to be dismantled and ICE will be abolished so we are better protected and illegals will be honored citizens ! It is like the insurance claim “You are in good hands with biden” ! What could possibly go wrong ???

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
        .....illegals in the country......!

We might as well get used to it, biden has already stated he will up the immigration figures as soon as he is in office. Of course his immigration policy was never covered prior to the election, as was not his foreign policy. But, it was found to be important by the media questioning him, just what his favorite flavor of ice cream is. I wonder when the border wall will start to be dismantled and ICE will be abolished so we are better protected and illegals will be honored citizens ! It is like the insurance claim “You are in good hands with biden” ! What could possibly go wrong ???
        Neither party covered immigration much at all. Trump supporters already knew where he stood, and Trump didn't want to upset those who might possibly be upset, like Hispanic voters, who, although they didn't break for Trump over Biden, gave him much better numbers than any other R has gotten in a long time.

Biden was pretty quiet. Immigration is one of those cultural issues with the left, the bloody shirt if you will. On his web site he certainly said he'd open a pathway for all illegal immigrants currently in the US. A big reason I voted R this time, a tight labor market helps my bottom line. Refugees is the part Biden can have an immediate effect on via executive action. The border is too big a thing to move around all at once. Contracts currently being worked on I'd think would continue. The wall down by McClellen is a big thing, that's where most of the crossing is occuring, and the Hispanic US citizens in the area voted for Trump. Unemployment is a little high now especially in the restaurant and retail sector, not sure a big influx would be good politically.

Bear in mind, Biden and Harris are a certain kind of Dem. They fill their cabinet full of black and brown people who are actually fairly conservative, they are all about appearances, but their objective is to get and maintain power for corporate America. If a diverse person orders a drone strike or a tariff reduced, skin color matters for nothing.

Comment

• The big county where my hospital is located has 107 ICU beds, 9 are available. 40% of hospitals are running short of nurses. 539 med surge beds (typical hospital beds) 94 are still available. I think we're going to run out of ICU beds and move to triage soon.

Comment

• Maybe the dip was for the holidays. 3,100 deaths and 100,000 new cases Wednesday. Looking at the media they are reporting predictions of up to 450K total deaths by Feb, which I'm guessing might well be the peak before the vaccine begins to have an effect.

Comment

• Moncef Slaoui, the top scientist advising the US government's Operation Warp Speed, predicted that more than 100 million Americans would be vaccinated against COVID-19 within the next 100 days.

https://news.yahoo.com/operation-war...194606363.html

Slaoui said 20 million Americans should be immunized in December, then 30 million more in January and 50 million in February.
              Last edited by 99explorer; 12-03-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• The White House Coronavirus Task Force is warning Americans who celebrated Thanksgiving with other people outside their household should assume they are infectious and “dangerous to others.”

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/assume-bec...200515421.html

Comment

• Looks like that holiday drop was just a problem with reporting of cases, deaths now some 2,800 per day and infections 217,000. It might be a while to get the averages sorted out, weekends usually show up on Sunday/Monday. I guess that's why the one week rollling average helps tell if we're still headed up or not.

A lot of places are going to that partial shut down where they close bars, inside restaurants, gyms, that kind of thing. This time there is no government help coming. I know my state is tapped out, not much money left to spend. Nights dipping down to single digits by the river, lots of families sleeping outside.

Comment

• I don't have a link for this, but I just read that COVID-19 is the leading cause of death in the U.S. this week.

Comment

• Covid is the third leading cause of death this year. Cancer is at about 450,000 and stroke at 500,000. I doubt there's enough time for Covid to overtake them. We'd have to go up to ten thousand a day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        Covid is the third leading cause of death this year. Cancer is at about 450,000 and stroke at 500,000. I doubt there's enough time for Covid to overtake them. We'd have to go up to ten thousand a day.
                        I have no way of knowing if you are elated or saddened by those figures.........!!

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat: "Covid is the third leading cause of death this year. Cancer......."

Like BH75R, I don't know if the red rodent is elated, or saddened by these figures. There seems to be a certain amount of elation behind his snarky little blurb, which, like so much that he posts, is just thrown out, no source cited, just take the rodent's word for it.
                          With everything that comes into a hospital being counted as a chinese communist virus death, the inflated figures may be correct. However, the counting used to arrive at these totals, is about as skewed and fraud ridden as a biden vote total.

Comment

I have no way of knowing if you are elated or saddened by those figures.........!!
                            As long as it upsets conservatives, liberals couldn't care less how idiotic it makes them sound.

Liberals count a positive test as a case.
                            It isn't a "case" until the patient presents with symptoms.

Long lines of vehicles waiting for testing is idiotic. Testing should only be done when a patient comes in for treatment and tested to determine treatment regimen.

My PCP has successfully treated several COVID-19 patients by simply giving them inhalants that open up the airways.

Patients rarely die "OF" COVID-19.
                            Patients die of their underlying ailments.

Comment

Well it's like this. I figure we have about 3 more months of covid danger, and they will probably be the worst 3 months so far. If you read the 2 comments below yours you can see there is still a lot of denial going on.

Things done today, will affect death rates 3 or 4 weeks from now. Though the R rate is probably somewhere around 1.4 or something infection is not spread evenly, ten people infect no one then one infects 20. If the denialists would simply wear a mask, don't socialize with anyone outside your household, don't travel, don't recreate with others, don't go to bars or restaurants, this thing would peter out before the vaccine kicks in.

There are lots of different and effective ways of controlling this virus, many countries have used different but successful methods. Most of those alternatives are no longer an option for us, we let the virus run wild through our population so we could make money, now all we can do is hope to minimize it's harm.

Wear a mask, a good one, like they sell everywhere at pharmacies and walmart and Lowes and Costco. They are like 3 for a dollar, disposable, don't have to be N95s. No bandanas, those are almost useless. Go to groceries when there is no one there, as few a times as possible, avoid indoor spaces like the post office, the doctor, etc. Don't travel on airplanes, don't eat at restaurants, socialize only with household members inside, or socialize outside, with a mask, and 6 foot distance.

Our state starts vaccinating next week, my wife will be one of the first, I'll be not too far down the list, probably in the top 10% or a little better. The rest of you good luck.

Comment

• Vaccine conspiracy theories could undermine efforts to control the pandemic.

https://news.yahoo.com/vaccine-consp...220917765.html

It is not yet clear what Trump will do. Formerly a skeptic of vaccines, he has been angered by the timing of the coronavirus vaccines’ arrival, accusing pharmaceutical companies of delaying their announcements of successfully concluded trials intentionally to undermine his reelection chances. He may have little desire to take steps that would ultimately redound to the benefit of the Biden administration, even if those steps would save American lives.
                                Last edited by 99explorer; 12-05-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to MSM Lying
                                  by WA Mtnhunter
                                  Well, Q apparently ended with a whimper, if it ever existed at all.....
                                  Today, 01:02 AM
                                • MSM Lying
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  The MSM keeps lying by saying all the Courts did not find any illegality and the Election was fair.

How do they know, not one Court...
                                  01-17-2021, 03:58 PM
                                • Reply to Apologies
                                  by fitch270
                                  It’s a meme old man, quit being such a wet blanket.
                                  Today, 12:21 AM
                                • Apologies
                                  by Pmacc60
                                  I must apologize to Honk, Rock Rat and 99 ! Today I watched and really listened to the inauguration and commentary on ABC. I realize I am a White Suprematist...
                                  Yesterday, 08:22 PM
                                • Reply to Apologies
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Fitch -
                                  It's not the 1,000 guests that they are worried about.
                                  It's the Trump crazies that stormed the capitol building two weeks ago that
                                  Today, 12:07 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X