Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    Our president says it is OVERSTATED because of our increased testing.
    Are you calling him a liar?
    I'm calling you a liar 🤥

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      Eighty five cases of COVID-19 have been linked to one bar in Michigan.

      https://news.yahoo.com/85-coronaviru...023853995.html

      And that was at 50% capacity.
      So what , how many are sick.

      Friend of my sons works at a nursing home. She got tested and she was positive, she Just had a slight cough.

      She works closely with patients. It's been three weeks and not one patient tested positive.

      Some of you want this to be the Black Death, enough already !!!

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by Danbo View Post

        I'm calling you a liar 🤥
        Talk is cheap.
        Put up or shut up.

        Comment


        • #79
          https://www.theblaze.com/news/nursin...-deaths-cuomo-

          Cuomo the idiot

          Comment


          • #80
            https://twitter.com/governorpataki/s...481930755?s=21

            Comment


            • #81
              Death rates usually follow new cases by about a month. So far there's little to no increase of deaths nationwide, but the new cases rate is now at about 35,000 a day, two weeks ago it was half that. Still, a doubling every two weeks is not like it was when it was doubling every 3 or 4 days.

              I figure some states will have their own come to Jesus events and they'll have to go through a real shut down of everything until they get it under control. Some big states. They'll emerge with a more savvy populace, mask use will be more common, restaurants and bars will be shunned, people will learn to keep their distance.

              Economically it will be worse this time. Currently incomes are up, they've poured more cash into the economy than the hundreds of billions we've lost in payroll. People actually have more money than when they worked. All that ends July 25th. We could see quarantines of entire states, civil unrest greater than we have now. A way to treat the disease would be helpful.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                Death rates usually follow new cases by about a month. So far there's little to no increase of deaths nationwide, but the new cases rate is now at about 35,000 a day, two weeks ago it was half that. Still, a doubling every two weeks is not like it was when it was doubling every 3 or 4 days.

                I figure some states will have their own come to Jesus events and they'll have to go through a real shut down of everything until they get it under control. Some big states. They'll emerge with a more savvy populace, mask use will be more common, restaurants and bars will be shunned, people will learn to keep their distance.

                Economically it will be worse this time. Currently incomes are up, they've poured more cash into the economy than the hundreds of billions we've lost in payroll. People actually have more money than when they worked. All that ends July 25th. We could see quarantines of entire states, civil unrest greater than we have now. A way to treat the disease would be helpful.
                If a way was found to treat the symptoms the press would demonize it to the point of uselessness! Hydroxychloroquine anyone.

                Comment


                • #83
                  China has developed a vaccine that they are currently testing on their troops.
                  If it is found to be successful, will we call it the Chinese Communist vaccine?


                  https://news.yahoo.com/chinese-coron...140330047.html

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by labrador12 View Post

                    If a way was found to treat the symptoms the press would demonize it to the point of uselessness! Hydroxychloroquine anyone.
                    If it is a useless treatment would you rather the media kept it a secret? Only if it helps Donald win the election. Who cares if untold thousands get sick and die from taking his snake oil cures. Collateral damage so Trump can win. Because he is the smartest candidate. Genius IQ high school dropout who naturally knows so much about science ... because he just does. Figured you were the first to try injecting Lysol. Hey, that just might work. If the genius President thinks so, there must be something to it right? Why don't you try it and let us know.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      LOL, I would not want to be a chinese soldier right now. I bet CPC has already made a register, and all of those good communist soldiers are geared for highly dangerous missions so that in likely event that the vaccine is a sham or is worse than a sham and is dangerous, they'll die before Guillain-Barre rates start to kick in.

                      I can't decide if it's more likely they stole enough research to be able to develop something in parallel to US, or if it's entirely fake but they release the study and fake data in order to save face compared to US biopharma developments.

                      Sweden which has predominately stayed open leaving social distancing practices to their citizens just had a spike of ~1700 cases. Since their practices are largely unchanged, it gives credence to the argument that the spikes are related more to availability of testing.

                      In various studies, the HCQ had demonstrated antiviral activity, an ability to modify the activity of the immune system, and it has an established safety profile at appropriate doses, that's why it was considered promising. The problem was/is, that it quickly became politicized, and bad science coupled with bad reporting soon followed. HCQ doesn't seem to have an interventional effect, but NEJM said 2wks ago that they'd need a randomized control study get ignored, the fact that it's side effect profile is the same as it always was gets ignored. Plus, its primary use as far as I can remember has been as a prophylactic. The studies on that are just resuming because enough attention got diverted elsewhere.

                      Btw, anyone check the prices of Remdesivir lately?? $3K a pop even with private insurance. On the plus side though the US bought basically the entire world's supply so if things start getting bad again there's at least hope.

                      Keep taking your vitamin D, get sunshine and do your best to keep your immune system in good shape. This virus is acting like you'd expect a virus to, which means your best response is staying healthy and take reasonable measures to prevent catching (or spreading) the virus. The odds are in your favor, but you can boost those chances by getting and staying healthy.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        And the good news is that, as younger people become aware that they have been misled into believing that are not at risk of serious infection, they will begin to take the coronavirus warnings seriously.

                        https://news.yahoo.com/as-coronaviru...235006459.html

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                          LOL, I would not want to be a chinese soldier right now. I bet CPC has already made a register, and all of those good communist soldiers are geared for highly dangerous missions so that in likely event that the vaccine is a sham or is worse than a sham and is dangerous, they'll die before Guillain-Barre rates start to kick in.

                          I can't decide if it's more likely they stole enough research to be able to develop something in parallel to US, or if it's entirely fake but they release the study and fake data in order to save face compared to US biopharma developments.

                          Sweden which has predominately stayed open leaving social distancing practices to their citizens just had a spike of ~1700 cases. Since their practices are largely unchanged, it gives credence to the argument that the spikes are related more to availability of testing.

                          In various studies, the HCQ had demonstrated antiviral activity, an ability to modify the activity of the immune system, and it has an established safety profile at appropriate doses, that's why it was considered promising. The problem was/is, that it quickly became politicized, and bad science coupled with bad reporting soon followed. HCQ doesn't seem to have an interventional effect, but NEJM said 2wks ago that they'd need a randomized control study get ignored, the fact that it's side effect profile is the same as it always was gets ignored. Plus, its primary use as far as I can remember has been as a prophylactic. The studies on that are just resuming because enough attention got diverted elsewhere.

                          Btw, anyone check the prices of Remdesivir lately?? $3K a pop even with private insurance. On the plus side though the US bought basically the entire world's supply so if things start getting bad again there's at least hope.

                          Keep taking your vitamin D, get sunshine and do your best to keep your immune system in good shape. This virus is acting like you'd expect a virus to, which means your best response is staying healthy and take reasonable measures to prevent catching (or spreading) the virus. The odds are in your favor, but you can boost those chances by getting and staying healthy.
                          Don't forget Zinc Lozenges. Cleveland Clinic did the research on Zinc Lozenges years ago. The mechanism is a virus like Covid has a protein called a spike protein. The spike is how it breaks a cell wall which allows the virus in and to replicate.
                          Zinc attaches to the spike and makes it useless, thus no replication of the virus.
                          At the first sign of a tickle in the top back of your mouth let a Lozenger dissolve in that area.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Today Fauci (Trump's scientist on epidemiology and covid) said we might soon reach 100,000 new cases a day. That would sure throw this economy for a loop. Might be some dead folks too.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              It looks like Tucker Carlson is trying to get back in the president's good graces.

                              https://news.yahoo.com/tucker-carlso...071709433.html

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

                                Don't forget Zinc Lozenges. Cleveland Clinic did the research on Zinc Lozenges years ago. The mechanism is a virus like Covid has a protein called a spike protein. The spike is how it breaks a cell wall which allows the virus in and to replicate.
                                Zinc attaches to the spike and makes it useless, thus no replication of the virus.
                                At the first sign of a tickle in the top back of your mouth let a Lozenger dissolve in that area.
                                Good Call Jimbo, I had forgotten to mention it. I keep a couple of bottles of Zicam rapid melt lozenges on hand. Zinc based drugs might not work on everything, but when used as directed they're safe and can help prevent or shorten the duration of some colds

                                For anyone that is curious about what Jimbo's talking about I'll leave a couple of summary sentences and a description below. Zinc has been shown to have prophylaxis properties for viral based common colds for decades. I'm not giving anyone any medical advice, see your own sawbones for that, I'm just stating what I do, and I will warn you to be very careful about putting anything with Zinc in it up your nose.

                                "Multiple antiviral effects of Zn have been demonstrated in a variety of viral species, including several nidoviruses, for which SARS-CoV-2 belongs. It suggests that zinc supplementation may be of benefit for prophylaxis and treatment of COVID-19"

                                https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7247509/

                                Also, if anyone is curious about other preventative measures being studied right now, I suggest looking here:
                                https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04335084

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Reply to Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                  by rock rat
                                  OK Angus, you got me there. No argument about the schools.

                                  "​​​​​​government run daycare that teaches kids what to think...
                                  Today, 09:35 PM
                                • Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                  by rock rat
                                  A little mentioned ballot measure passed in Oklahoma. Medicaid Expansion as it's called.

                                  I've forgotten the details, and apologies if I...
                                  07-01-2020, 11:02 PM
                                • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                  by rock rat
                                  CRM what you say makes a lot of sense, and the number of tests has doubled in 21 days as have the number of people testing positive. There's one more...
                                  Today, 09:26 PM
                                • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                  by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                  New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                                  06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
                                • Reply to Either Way...
                                  by fitch270
                                  We've been keeping a better inventory on things and have whittled down on "old stock" that's been sitting on the pantry shelves and in the freezer....
                                  Today, 09:17 PM

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X