No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After admitting that he had downplayed the threat of the COVID-19 virus, in his recorded interview with Bob Woodward, Trump is now denying that he ever did that.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/played-abc...001053320.html

Comment

• Trump criticizes Biden for not making masks compulsory – even though he isn't in power.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-critici...101851444.html

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	119119238_114364233739222_4746158458235439886_n.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	747158

Comment

• Because I am a member of a high risk community, and I believe high quality masks protect the wearer as well as the public.

Comment

• The CDC has just announced that face masks may provide more protection than a coronavirus vaccine.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/16/cdc-...-vaccine-.html

Comment

• From slimy nine: "Because I am a member of a high risk community, and I believe high quality masks protect the wearer as well as the public."

Please excuse me. I was unaware that being terminally infected with TDS and being dumber than a flat rock put you at so much risk you had to wear a filthy mask to inhibit your breathing, said mask not of the quality to repel any viral organisms. But, if it makes you feel better, wear it, with all the actual health risks it entails.

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                Click image for larger version  Name:	119119238_114364233739222_4746158458235439886_n.jpg Views:	4 Size:	42.1 KB ID:	747158
                I "HAD" to wear one on the plane to and from DC.
                What a freakin' joke!

1) we were elbow-to-elbow on the plane
                2) American Airlines gives you a little sack with 2 wafers, a small bottle of water and a moist towelette packet
                3) how you gonna eat your wafers and drink your water with a mask?
                4) I opened my water, pulled off my mask, drank half the water and held the half empty bottle in my hand for the 2 hour and 45 minute flight...without my mask! 😉!
                5) mask my a$$!

Nat'l Felony League?
                Players, coaches, medical personnel, support staff, trainers or anyone else with access to the bench area MUST wear a mask!
                If you're huffing and puffing and wrestling with a sweaty, 300 pound lineman or a 230 pound QB?
                No Mask Required?

Masks!
                BAH! HUMBUG!
                '06 is right!
                If wearing a mask makes "you" feel better? Wear a mask!
                I'm not on this earth to make you feel good about yourself.
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-16-2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Trump is wrong to suggest there is no consensus on wearing masks

TRUMP'S CLAIM: "People don't want to wear masks. There are a lot of people [who] think the masks are not good."

FACT CHECK: This view does not reflect the scientific consensus.

The recommendation to wear a mask is now almost unanimous among health experts, including some of the president's own appointees, who have all been very vocal in encouraging the American people to wear masks to curtail the spread of the disease.

Both the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization have issued statements urging people to wear masks in public settings.

"There are people that don't think masks are good," Trump said, prompting Stephanopoulos to ask, "Who are those people?"

"Waiters," Trump said. "They come over and they serve you, and they have a mask. They're playing with the mask, so the mask is over and they're touching it, and then they're touching the plate. That can't be good."

But researchers from Stanford University found the opposite.

"Wearing a mask reminds people to continue to be cautious," they said. "With a mask on, you actually touch your face less."

Comment

• President Trump disputed CDC Director Redfield’s testimony to Congress that a coronavirus vaccine would not be ready for the general public until the “second” or “third quarter” of next year. He said Redfield “misunderstood” the questions he was asked.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-on-covi...234015699.html

Comment

• Trump is wrong to suggest there is no consensus on wearing masks

slimy nine, you, the red rat and the phony honk ARE NOT A CONSENSUS!

Click image for larger version

Name:	92230033_251108882730593_9008938514632409088_n deaths.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	747196

Comment

• "The stark case, described ... in Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, adds to the near-universal scientific consensus that, more than any of single action short of everyone entering solitary confinement, face coverings can prevent the transmission of the coronavirus that causes Covid-19."

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/14/...irector-urges/

Comment

• Reclaiming posts

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                              Reclaiming posts
                              Same thing

Comment

• Trump's response to covid is hurting him with the over 65 demographic, a group known for being both reliable voters and reliable R voters.

I see masks all the time, and of course wear them in all public inside settings. Personally I am never inside for work. I wear them when talking to customers, but all employees of just about all workers on the job don't wear them as they are widely separated in a dry sunny outdoors environment.

I notice that I forget I have one on after leaving an office etc. I think many inside workers get so used to them that they simply wear one all day long except within their own homes.

Imagine what the rates of infection would be now if we'd of had support for universal mask use since the beginning. I wonder what sort of difference it would have made on GDP or unemployment.

What is really sad is the folks who still cling to the early denialism. Remember people saying how it's nothing to be concerned about, gone any day now, all a big propaganda ploy by Dems, etc etc etc.. Now the entire US is effectively quarantined from the rest of the world, Canada won't even let us in. Hundreds of thousands dead, millions with permanent impairments, GDP in the trash, entire sectors of the economy gone and not coming back. Riots in our cities.

Imagine if we had a real crisis! The GOP is even worse than the Dems in a crisis.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad