Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "... It's an entitlement, ..."

Let me tell you something about your "effing" entitlement.

My mother paid into SocSec from the mid 60's into the early 2000's.
    My dad had a private retirement system to which she was "entitled" when he died.
    When she became eligible for SocSec, she had to give up the private retirement to take SocSec.
    SocSec paid half what the private system paid.
    She stayed with the private system! Who wouldn't?
    She died in Feb 2020 and never recieved "ONE RED CENT" of your freaking SocSec "entitlement"!

Working for a municipality in Texas?
    You don't pay SocSec. You're enrolled in TMRS (Texas Municipal Retirement System) and are SocSec exempt.
    City of Fort Worth has it's own retirement system. No SocSec or TMRS!

SocSec isn't an "entitlement", it's a freakin' travesty....and a freakin' joke!

But this is a subject for a different thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

You are one ef’ed up person !
      Yes sir, he is.

Comment

• Well Bubba I don't begrudge you your entitlements. You're welcome to them, I'm glad to help out, I'm sure you'd do the same if our positions were reversed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
          Well Bubba I don't begrudge you your entitlements. You're welcome to them, I'm glad to help out, I'm sure you'd do the same if our positions were reversed.
          Well sir, I'd do the same thing for you that you're doing for me....which right now, is exactly nothing! You're welcome! 😉!

Comment

• Bubba -
            Please confirm for us what you are hinting at: that you are enrolled in a TMRS that pays better than Social Security, and that it has a Medicare equivalent health plan.

Comment

• Hi Everyone!

Almost 6 months into the pandemic, accumulating evidence and collective experience argue that children, particularly school-aged children, are more effective than adults. Therefore, serious consideration should be paid toward strategies that allow schools to remain open, even during periods of COVID-19 spread. In doing so, we could minimize the potentially profound adverse social, developmental, and health costs that our children will continue to suffer until an effective treatment or vaccine can be developed and distributed or, failing that until we reach herd immunity.In my country Canada 60 % of effective people are children.For more information about the protection measurements check this out.
              Public health is supposed to be about balancing risks and benefits and choosing interventions that will provide a net overall benefit. Hybrid schooling is not a public health measure. It’s just another expensive charade.

Be Safe and Healthy.

Comment

• The problem is some cases are seeing lasting cardiac problems. Not enough is known about it but athletes are affected the worst.

Comment

• You're welcome Bubba, glad to help out.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexa remi View Post
                    Hi Everyone!

Almost 6 months into the pandemic, accumulating evidence and collective experience argue that children, particularly school-aged children, are more effective than adults. Therefore, serious consideration should be paid toward strategies that allow schools to remain open, even during periods of COVID-19 spread. In doing so, we could minimize the potentially profound adverse social, developmental, and health costs that our children will continue to suffer until an effective treatment or vaccine can be developed and distributed or, failing that until we reach herd immunity.In my country Canada 60 % of effective people are children.For more information about the protection measurements check this out.
                    Public health is supposed to be about balancing risks and benefits and choosing interventions that will provide a net overall benefit. Hybrid schooling is not a public health measure. It’s just another expensive charade.

Be Safe and Healthy.
                    I'm in Ontario and my seven year-old grandson is about to start school again in two weeks. We are of course concerned. Not so much that he will get sick and die because children do seem to be more resilient (although they do get sick and they do die ... are you listening Donald Trump!). Biggest concern is that they will become carriers, bring the disease home and other family members will spread it. There is no way the schools can be remodelled or built in time to effect appropriate social distancing and trying to get little kids to wear masks and sanitize all the time will be nigh onto impossible (older teens even more difficult). If this causes a spike in new cases/deaths, and that certainly seems likely, we'll be bounced back to stage two or even stage one. That will be devastating for the stock markets and economy. The coup de gras. I am, or rather was, an educator and certainly understand the importance of keeping up in school. But if the kids wind up back out of school again for another school year anyway AND their parents have to stay home from work again (or their employers go under and they have no job to return to) ... well, I just don't see that's a risk we can afford taking. I say leave them home till the vaccine is finished.
                    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 08-20-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• Just keep hiding under your bed, honk the phony. And keep that mask on. And keep all your ammunition in the root cellar. And keep your social distance. And......

Comment

• Watch out, CRM.
                        Don't step in the cow pie!

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                          Watch out, CRM.
                          Don't step in the cow pie!
                          Very hard to accomplish with one foot in his mouth ... but seems he has a lot of experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                            You're welcome Bubba, glad to help out.
                            Already got plenty of nothing. Just keep yours.

Comment

• I don't have a link for this, but a recent study disclosed that official information about the COVID-19 virus is written at too high a reading level.
                              That would explain why some people are not taking it seriouslyi.

Comment

• Here is another news item suggesting that the death toll from COVID-19 is understated.

https://news.yahoo.com/many-215-000-...000658340.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad