No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you read the comments after the article? Some good points were raised. It is being used with good results across the world. If a fly is 5 times more likely to be eaten than another fly, I'm using fly no 1, even if I can't see what it is making it more attractive to my target population. Sometimes observing that something works is all you need to know.

Comment

• Lots of schools deciding not to open. Nationally the virus seems to be taking a breather at over a thousand deaths per day, that's a Vietnam war every couple months (US deaths that is).

Seldom discussed but something that scientists follow is the positivity rate. Number of positive tests compared to total tests. Of course more tests would make the numbers go down, but high numbers are a big red flag. Either few are getting tested until they are hospitalized, and so mild cases are left to infect others, or maybe there's a heck of a lot of virus out there.

In any case numbers like 5% or lower are what people hope for, and states like Mississippi, Alabama, Texas, Florida, Nevada, Tennessee, all coming back with double digit numbers, with the high ones around 20%.

Locally it's hard for me to judge. There's a certain segment that takes pride in lounging around outside restaurants maskless. I guess quite a few people are socializing at private parties. Twice this week I went to businesses and found the front door locked. Businesses that were open, and I've been dealing with via email, phone, and text for months. I guess most people are operating out of their houses, with only one or two office personnel going in to deal with the blue collar side of their business. I see their crews in the field, and their guys ride together in trucks, but the office folks are still being very careful.

Betting on an October surprise vaccine that is going to be available to everyone who wants one in just a couple weeks like after the election.

Comment

• "... Number of positive tests compared to total tests. ..."

Tests?
        What good are tests?
        You're negative when swabbed. Five minutes after the swab, your exposed and positive. (????)
        Masks don't protect you.
        If I get sick, I'll go to the hospital. They can test me then.
        U of MI (I think?) has developed a test that cost $2/unit with results in minutes.
        The FDA won't allow them to use it.
        The FDA tests cost $100+/unit and results in 4 to 15 days!
        What's wrong with this picture?

Comment

• Bubba -You left out the part about the test coming back positive.

Comment

• The pjmedia article is particularly interesting when you examine Switzerland data. They were a state that treated early cases with hydroxychloroquine with some success. They shut down their hydroxychloroquine usage after the fake study published in the Lancet came out. Their deaths spiked. They reinstated their hydroxychloroquine program and two weeks later their deaths plunged back to the pre-fake study level. Something good is happening with hydroxychloroquine use. Idiots who are orange man bad adherents fail to see it. Switzerland is not a retarded third world country. Reexamine your attitudes. Data is data. Just because Trump supports something that doesn't make it bad, or impossibly incorrect.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
              The pjmedia article is particularly interesting when you examine Switzerland data. They were a state that treated early cases with hydroxychloroquine with some success. They shut down their hydroxychloroquine usage after the fake study published in the Lancet came out. Their deaths spiked. They reinstated their hydroxychloroquine program and two weeks later their deaths plunged back to the pre-fake study level. Something good is happening with hydroxychloroquine use. Idiots who are orange man bad adherents fail to see it. Switzerland is not a retarded third world country. Reexamine your attitudes. Data is data. Just because Trump supports something that doesn't make it bad, or impossibly incorrect.

​​​​​
              The (D)'s think COVID-19 deaths and infections will pave their way to the Oval Office.
              None of the other sham crap worked, let's allow 10's of thousands of citizens die, blame it on Trump!
              THAT'LL get rid of him.

Comment

• Labrador-
                You make a good point.
                Just because Trump supports something that doesn't make it bad, or impossibly incorrect.
                But it does sent up a red flag for people who know Trump.
                It is the kiss of death for me.

Comment

• The D’s handling of the virus fits into their total hate of America and all it stands for. It goes hand in hand with their attempts to keep the stimulus package hostage until they get what they demand. The longer they can keep people without stimulus money, the worse it will look for Trump. This party is the enemy within, they are concerned only with power, and to hell with the American people. There can be no mistaking what will happen if they win in November. With their agenda, it will be the ruination of this fine country !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                    The D’s handling of the virus fits into their total hate of America and all it stands for. It goes hand in hand with their attempts to keep the stimulus package hostage until they get what they demand. The longer they can keep people without stimulus money, the worse it will look for Trump. This party is the enemy within, they are concerned only with power, and to hell with the American people. There can be no mistaking what will happen if they win in November. With their agenda, it will be the ruination of this fine country !!!
                    As I recall it was the Republicans in Senate who delayed the first package. "... only concerned with power." Wow! That certainly fits Donald Trump to a T.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

As I recall it was the Republicans in Senate who delayed the first package. "... only concerned with power." Wow! That certainly fits Donald Trump to a T.
                      Either your memory is bad, or you didn’t understand that it was the D’s demands at the time of the first package that was the issue. R’s wanted a bigger package for business interests and the D’s were not going along. After all, who supplies jobs in this country ? Businesses, and without them, there is no one earning any money. But of course, the D’s are against any proposal that benefits anyone making a profit off their investment of starting an ability for people to earn a living ! If it were up to the D’s, there would be no small business owners, only jobs provided by the government, if anyone thinks that is a good idea !

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        Labrador-
                        You make a good point.
                        Just because Trump supports something that doesn't make it bad, or impossibly incorrect.
                        But it does sent up a red flag for people who know Trump.
                        It is the kiss of death for me.
                        That is obvious! In my case, I was researching hydroxychloroquine on my own as a possible agent against the Chinese bio weapon before Trump mentioned it. I'm more triggered by the extent the media is going to trash the drug despite its obvious positive role in fighting the pandemic. Talk about a anti-science role. The Democrats and the media really appear insane on this issue.

Comment

• We all know there is going to be an October surprise - the announcement of a coronavirus vaccine, absolutely safe and 100% effective, to become widely available at no cost shortly AFTER the election.
                          Jared Kushner is working on the wording of the announcement, even as we speak.

Comment

• Oh, I forgot. And the vaccine will be made in the U.S.A.
                            Last edited by 99explorer; 08-08-2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• And here is the latest take on Jared Kushner.

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ary-of-failure

And his nemesis, Dr. Anthony Fauci.

https://news.yahoo.com/fauci-warns-c...195420705.html
                              Last edited by 99explorer; 08-08-2020, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Absolutely incredible that so many Americans could believe COVID--19 was all a hoax because Trump said so.

https://news.yahoo.com/thought-covid...100308475.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse