No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas was among several states setting records for deaths in a week. One physician lamented that he was fighting a "war against COVID and a war against stupidity." South Dakota is undeterred, prepping to host 250,000 bikers for the 10-day Sturgis Motorcycle Rally that opens Friday.

https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-u...143420443.html

Comment

• I just left the TV after watching both CNN and Fox News.
      At CNN, they were discussing a report by Dr. Birx to the effect that the virus is now spreading to the rural areas of this country, while at Fox News, they were discussing what a disaster the "Obama-Biden" Obamacare health insurance plan is.

Comment

• Straight from the CDC!
        COVID-19 numbers all wrong!
        Testing/masks absolutely useless.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-toll-n2573634

Comment

• We are entering a new stage says Trumps coordinator of the response to Covid, Deborah Birx. What she said is reflected in the numbers, the virus while being pretty bad in some hot spots is also wide spread, and that's more worrying. It is growing across the country in big towns and small.

I notice a lot more cars when I go to work, the epidemiologists here say we are at 40% reduction in moving around, and at this rate our rather modest reproduction of 1.4 or something will overwhelm our hospitals in October. We have a statewide mask requirement but the general feeling is that people have relaxed. People are socializing. Schools will open.

The FDA commissioner said Sunday there could be 300K dead by the end of the year. That seems far fetched now, when we are at around a thousand dead per day, but it was less than a month ago when we were at 500 per day.

Birx said what everyone from epidemiologists to your typical street person know, we opened up way too early. We opened up when we'd only shut down half our economy, Europe shut down 95%. Trump has consistently lied and misled mostly in attempts to downplay concerns about the virus as he presses for schools and businesses to reopen. says CNN, and it's true.

Remember we were going to open up for Easter? or "testing/masks absolutely useless" above. I wish this virus only struck the dumb and stupid, unfortunately it also strikes those who live in the same country and those who care for them in the hospital.

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            Straight from the CDC!
            COVID-19 numbers all wrong!
            Testing/masks absolutely useless.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattve...-toll-n2573634
            Another crackpot "opinion" piece full of generalized opinion and few facts. I have seen more depth in a Tucson Wallmart parking lot mudpuddle in the middle of July. Drivel.

Comment

• From honk the phony: "Another crackpot "opinion" piece full of generalized opinion and few facts......."

honk-honk, why is it that everything posted that does not agree with your pea-brain notions is either "crackpot", full of generalized opinion, or somehow to be discredited by the phony sage of the frozen North, who actually knows nothing about anything?

Comment

• It seems that one side of this argument is supported by statistical data and careful analysis, and the other side (crm and Bubba) is supported by ad hominem personal attacks.

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  From honk the phony: "Another crackpot "opinion" piece full of generalized opinion and few facts......."

honk-honk, why is it that everything posted that does not agree with your pea-brain notions is either "crackpot", full of generalized opinion, or somehow to be discredited by the phony sage of the frozen North, who actually knows nothing about anything?
                  Honk don't like me! LOL!
                  He thought putting bad produce on the floor in the produce section was a good idea.
                  Canajan doofus was setting up slip hazards and didn't care.

Comment

• I went and looked at your link too Bubba, there are a lot better conservative sources to read, that kind of stuff is just to get the simple minded riled up, don't be that person.

Comment

• Geez rockrat, I read the link too. redstate.com is one of the top 15 conservative websites. Every time they post another truthful article, liberal heads catch fire. Sadly, you ARE one of those libtards.

Comment

• Your link was to Town Hall Bubba, not that it matters, they both along with Twitchy are owned by Salem Media Group and score extremely low on not only right wing extremism but also simple reliability. https://www.adfontesmedia.com/redsta...d-reliability/ When folks say things that are untrue of simply reactionary emotions I just don't give them much credibility, other readers no doubt experience the same. Why not use good conservatives sources? You might be a lot more convincing.

Comment

• Your link was to Town Hall Bubba, not that it matters, they both along with Twitchy are owned by Salem Media Group and score extremely low on not only right wing extremism but also simple reliability. https://www.adfontesmedia.com/redsta...d-reliability/ When folks say things that are untrue of simply reactionary emotions I just don't give them much credibility, other readers no doubt experience the same. Why not use good conservatives sources? You might be a lot more convincing

...and?
                          townhall.com is also in the top 15 of conservative websites.

On the other hand, "adfontesmedia" is owned by Vanessa Otero, a Spanish actress. We all know how Hollyweird leans.

"...Ad Fontes Media rates CNN.com as neutral/balanced in terms of bias and as most reliable in terms of reliability. ..."
                          Just how many times have Don Lemon, Brian Stelter, Jake Tapper, Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, Chris Cuomo, etal had to backup and eat their words? Well, they refuse to admit malfeasance even when bludgeoned with video proof.

Anytime a "libtard", especially of your caliber, comes here blathering on about conservative news sites being extremist and unreliable, alarm bells go off in my head and the B.S. meter pegs out!

You spend so much time spinning yarns to destroy Trump, you don't even know the truth when it slaps you in the face.
                          1) Trump not guilty of collusion.
                          You still babble that he was, with no evidence.
                          2) The Ukraine phone call was on the up and up. Schiff "STILL" hasn't revealed his "concrete evidence", but he's leaked plenty other B.S.
                          3) Flynn was set up by Obama & Co.
                          But you don't care. You don't care about "truth", you just want to discredit Trump.

p.s. - I'm not trying to convince anybody of anything, I'm just pointing out your liberal rhetoric, innuendo and lies.

Comment

• Think about this for a minute.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	116705580_317611979280823_7474118307994435849_n fauci and gates.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	741136

Comment

• They are also selling mask-wearing, social distancing and frequent hand-washing.
                              If we had a little more "panic" in January we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

Comment

• A lesson from the Philippines.
                                Early to re-open, early to re-close.

https://news.yahoo.com/millions-retu...045156102.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I like Pence, danbo. But Pence IS a career politician.
                                  Career (R) pols have a tendency to revert to "Mr. Nice Guy" when the (D)'s start...
                                  Today, 08:04 AM
                                • What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                  There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                  Yesterday, 01:46 PM
                                • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Ya spoke too soon franchi20!
                                  I had to add 3 to the list this morning! 😖...
                                  Today, 07:53 AM
                                • The Spam here is insane...
                                  by Ernie
                                  With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                                  I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                                  10-16-2020, 12:51 PM
                                • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  The way I see it, it all depends on what/who you believe (?) as to who won/lost.

I choose to believe the video of Joe Biden bragging about...
                                  Today, 07:47 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X