Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    Is the Honkster honestly trying to argue that hydroxychloroquine hasn't been used as a drug to prevent malaria for a half a century? How many tens of millions of users, how many decades of use are needed before safety can be assured? In what universe do you dwell in which the obvious usefulness of and safety of this drug isn't
    proven?
    The ego addled world between his ears! 😉!

Comment

• Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
      Is the Honkster honestly trying to argue that hydroxychloroquine hasn't been used as a drug to prevent malaria for a half a century? How many tens of millions of users, how many decades of use are needed before safety can be assured? In what universe do you dwell in which the obvious usefulness of and safety of this drug isn't
      proven?
      We're talking about the COVID-19 pandemic here, not malaria ... or smallpox ... or polio. Asparin has been proven to be effective for headaches. Doesn't mean it will keep you from getting a viral infection. Come on, you can do better than that. Or maybe not ... you did vote for Trump, right?

Comment

• So drug safety is dependent upon what you take it for? The drug knows, huh? Take the drug for malaria, no problem. Take the drug for Chinese Killer Covid and your heart curls up and dies! I've seen stupid stuff on the internet before but that's in the running for stupidest. Certainly in the running for winning the daily dumbest thing on the internet!

Comment

• From labrador12- "Certainly in the running for winning the daily dumbest thing on the internet!"

Just stay tuned, lab12. We may hear about some more phony degrees or get more insight on how uneducated or inexperienced or who knows what from the mighty honk, who obviously sees all, knows all, and undeniably tells all! (Mostly tells us how great he is, but, that's just honk.) I'm sure he will have words to write about how he was a mask cop, jumped on some poor unfortunate who probably just lifted his mask to talk, or maybe a tale of the mighty honk throwing produce on the floor in the local supermarket? I think it is "little man syndrome, or what they call Napoleon complex*.) Stay tuned, honkster fans, for the next thrilling installment!

*"Napoleon Complex" is a theorized inferiority complex normally attributed to people of short stature. It is characterized by overly-aggressive or domineering social behavior, such as lying about earnings, education, accomplishments, etc., and carries the implication that such behavior is compensatory for the subject's physical or social shortcomings.

Comment

• CRM -
            You've told us about a complex in which an individual builds himself up by lying about earnings, education, accomplishments, etc.
            Now tell us about the condition in which an individual finds it necessary to tear other people down, as you and a couple of others do consistebtly on these pages. Maybe it even has a name.
            Last edited by 99explorer; 07-31-2020, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• From the whiny nine: "CRM -
              You've told us about a complex in which the individual builds himself up by......blah, blah, blah.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	116422059_10224013837591409_7871659937902638513_n Too stupid to insult.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	740761

Comment

• I would to be so quick to denigrate anybody else's education or life experience, ...
                Let us just go through a few of your ludicrous outdoor faux pas, for the record:
                1. You advocate dull knives.
                2. You had no idea how to correctly assemble the recoil rings on your Browning Auto 5, nor sense enough to googol the schematics.
                3. A simple googol search, in fact, seems to confound you.
                4. You have so little muzzle discipline, you cannot keep brush, trash, and snow out of your sight hood, muzzle and action.
                5. You have no knowledge of "bean hole" or Dutch oven cooking, scolding about open fires. No open fires involved, tenderfoot.
                6. You have no use for binoculars, advocating the use of your rifle scope for spotting. When called out, you feebly respond that you "remove the bolt!"
                7. You disregard the advice of an African PH, and instead, carry the loads you think you need. BTW, who was right? Now, when the subject comes up, you were "charged by a buffalo." Yeah, un-huh.
                8. You claim MP service, but have no idea how to clear your weapon on entering an MP station or Provost Marshal's office. (No wonder you never advanced past Spc 4)
                9. You claim to be an old time horseman, then show a picture of a nester-bait saddle that no self respecting horse would even carry. (Fake picture, honk?)
                10. You claim to be a professor of history, and now conveniently, biology, but don't know the difference in secede and succeed. (Actually, professor, you didn't even spell succeed right. I reckon spelling wasn't one of your many subjects in your "educational endowment.")

[/QUOTE]
                Har, har. Such clumsy attempts at restructuring reality. You should get a job in the White House! Definitely Trump material. Let's see ... where to begin.
                1. I said I don't like razor sharp knives when dealing with game animals, especially in the dark. That does not equate to advocating dull knives. Your words not mine.
                2 & 3. The arrangement diagram for Browning A5 friction brakes and rings can be found pasted to the inside of fore end ... from the factory. Obviously you have never handled one of these guns or you would know that. No Google search needed. The factory arrangement for "light loads" setting in Magnum Twelve (one friction brake removed) does not work for light trap loads. Again, anyone who has shot one of these guns knows that. The barrel spring is simply too stiff. Even with both friction brakes removed the gun will still not eject light loads reliably (but it will pound the fore end to pieces eventually ... which no doubt is why my gun's fore end was already falling apart when I bought it). Most guys give up trying to use Magnum Twelve on the range. I simply modified my gun so it uses Light Twelve spring and brake. When I go goose hunting the magnum spring and brakes go back in. Of course I don't expect you to understand this. Tying your shoes may be over your head. You did vote for bleach injection, right?
                4. You have no experience hunting in snow or rough mountainous country. So you obviously have no concept of the difficulties involved in keeping a gun clean in those conditions. But here you are telling me I don't know what I'm doing. Laughable.
                5. I don't have any experience with Dutch ovens or bean poles. Nor do I have any idea what you're talking about. I have never been critical of cooking over fires. I have cooked over open fires quite often. As a matter of fact, I did it as part of my job for a couple of years. When I was a ranger at Olympic Park I would catch salmon on my cruiser in the morning and cook it during my evening campfire presentation for visitors (not coincidentally about salmon ecology). It was my dinner for after the program but just about everyone hung around for free samples. It was a VERY popular program.
                6. It's not that I "don't have use" for binoculars ... they don't have much use for me. I have a badly damaged left eye that goes double vision with most binocs. I did purchase a pair of Steiners for Africa but they didn't work great. Scoping game is not unusual in the West ... or it seems Africa. Binocs are better ... if you want to put up with the extra weight and they work for your eyes and you don't have prescription glasses to fiddle with getting out of the way. Again, until you have some real experience in that environment, perhaps you should not be critical of that which you know nothing. But of course we have been down this road before, right?
                7. I took two boxes of reloaded 30-06 ammo with me to Africa: 165 gr Nosler Partition and 190 gr Hornady (?). The latter was intended for close stalking kudu in heavy cover. The cover was obviously too heavy for anything but ridge to ridge so 190 gr never left the lodge. No matter. The box of 165 gr was plenty. The buffalo was shot with my PH's .375, the minimum legal calibre for that game. I obviously used his ammo because mine would not work in that gun. Not sure what you were talking about re my ammo and charging buffalo. Obviously you also don't know what you're talking about.
                8. We have gone through this MP clearing barrel BS before. MPs did not carry rounds in the chamber of 1911. That was forbidden (obviously unsafe). Only time a round was chambered was to shoot something or preparing to shoot something. We did not clear the gun before entering the station because 1. no round was in the chamber and 2. loaded magazine stayed in the gun in case someone came into the station with the intent of doing us bodily harm ... which given the profession was not at all unlikely. Also it was a well known fact that North Korean agents frequently got access to the base (which is why at night the barracks CQ also wore a 1911 with loaded clip). Surely this must make some sense to you, a retired arms instructor and combat vetran? Maybe not. You did vote for Trump, right? There was a clearing barrel at the armory and it was used when we turned in weapons after shift.
                9. I just snapped these photos of my saddle hanging in the root cellar. I guess that makes two more fake photos of the same saddle? Made by a master saddlemaker Leston Kelley of Rigby, Idaho. I understand his shop is now a museum. 16" roper, smooth seat, no silver crap. Only decoration is a bit of tasteful tooling and the fender nomenclature for the rodeo where it was won. It wears steel & wood overshoe stirrups so I can get in and out safely with logging boots or packs when in the backcountry hunting. The original rawhide bound stirrups are around somewhere. Those were too narrow for my feet anyway.
                10. I never claimed to be a professor of anything ... but I was a professional teacher of many things. Secede from succeed. Now that is petty. And the explanation is obvious. Typing on this phone's tiny keyboard is not easy for someone who is ordinarily a touch typist and has fat fingers. The phone tries to help by correcting mistakes. It often makes a poor choice and sometimes I fail to pick it up when reviewing what I wrote. Oh well. The phone is the stupid one. But you would know that if you had a smart phone.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_145328.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.58 MB ID:	740764

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200731_145359.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	740763
                Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-31-2020, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• honk, honk, honk! more blather, jabberwocky, and revisionist history of the mighty honk. The spinmeister of all the laughable boo-boos that anyone that has been around this forum for a month knows the mighty honk makes on a basis to rival joe biden. How does foot, sock, boot and spur taste, honkster? Or do you know what spurs are?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	116594011_3206561069432508_3481833124384989758_n hydroxy.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	740782

Comment

• "... Let's see ... where to begin.....
                    blah, blah, blah, 😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴😴
                    blah, blah, blah.....The phone is the stupid one. But you would know that if you had a smart phone.......

Boy, if there was ever a no chemical cure for insomnia, THAT would be it. Sadly, it's still toxic!🤣!

Comment

• #1 Bubba, I see you have read "The Revisionist History of honk the phony", by, honk the phony. Actually quite clintonesque in his revised version, and leaving out some, and banging on other parts. I think the honkster might just be able to opt into a new career as either a writer of fiction, or a revisionist for joe biden.

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                        #1 Bubba, I see you have read "The Revisionist History of honk the phony", by, honk the phony. Actually quite clintonesque in his revised version, and leaving out some, and banging on other parts. I think the honkster might just be able to opt into a new career as either a writer of fiction, or a revisionist for joe biden.
                        Read that drivel?
                        Not hardly!
                        I'd rather poke my own eyes out with hot nails!

I dunno, '06. Man's gotta be awfully egotistical to pull his own whistle cord THAT hard.

Comment

• I see that Mexico is moving into third place in COVID-19 deaths, behind Brazil and the U.S.
                          We're still number one with 152,000.

The Mexican president refuses to wear a mask in public.

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-eclips...180512826.html

Last edited by 99explorer; 07-31-2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            I see that Mexico is moving into third place in COVID-19 deaths, behind Brazil and the U.S.
                            We're still number one with 152,000.

The Mexican president refuses to wear a mask in public.

https://news.yahoo.com/mexico-eclips...180512826.html
                            Seems the Canadian prime minister is the only North American national leader with half a brain. But not much more than half.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at 6.38.36 AM.png
Views:	74
Size:	367.3 KB
ID:	740826
                              Houston is getting used to the constant sound of ambulances. More noticeable at night when other things are quiet. People stacked up dead, constant flow of patients to overcrowded hospitals.

Comment

• Russia seems to have taken the lead in coronavirus vaccine development, with final approval expected in a matter of weeks.
                                Around the world, there are more than 100 potential vaccines being developed, and at least four of them are in their final human trials, three of those in China, and one in Britain, Reuters reported.

https://news.yahoo.com/russia-aiming...044111665.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad