Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    Henry Ford Hospital study finds hydroxychloroquine use significantly cuts death rate in hospital covid cases.
    Sure seems like quite a few Doctors find the drug effective. Of course if your goal is to discredit the President instead of helping the country survive a Chinese pandemic attack then ignore and discredit evidence. Democrats and the media seem to me to be handling good news badly.

Comment

• A seemingly obscure press conference by a fringe group of self-proclaimed medical experts became the most widely seen propaganda video about the coronavirus. The post racked up tens of millions of views across social media in a matter of hours, far surpassing the traffic of the infamous “Plandemic” disinformation video.

The video featured a string of right-wing talking points that criticized lockdown measures, demonized public health officials, called for schools to reopen and urged Americans not to wear face masks. The speakers, who were all portrayed as doctors, often declared hydroxychloroquine a “cure” for COVID-19. (No legitimate medical organizations have recognized any “cure” for COVID-19, and multiple clinical trials have shown hydroxychloroquine is not beneficial in treating the virus.)

https://news.yahoo.com/how-quack-doc...213923648.html
      Last edited by 99explorer; 07-29-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Henry Ford Hospital study finds hydroxychloroquine use significantly cuts death rate in hospital covid cases.
        Read on. Their study was massively flawed and retracted very quickly.

Comment

• The president is pushing the coronavirus theories of a Houston doctor who also says sexual visitations by demons and alien DNA are at the root of Americans’ common health concerns.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...cles_fancylink

Comment

Bubba, I've been semi self quarantining for the last two weeks. I'll be here for at least another two months. I fish for an hour or two every day. Some days more, some less. I listen to Rush on the computer and wander around on the web. Us old geezers can't fly fish 10+ hours a day for 100+ days! My shoulders are giving me more than a little pain. Things are just starting to get good. The runs are late this year and the streams are up. I'll try for a nice fresh dog this pm, the silvers should be showing up soon.
            HOO-YAH! Wish I was with you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Read on. Their study was massively flawed and retracted very quickly.
              You are seriously flawed and need to be retracted, Honk! 😉!

Comment

• I didn't find any retraction of the Henry Ford study.

Comment

I didn't find any retraction of the Henry Ford study.
                  Correct. The study published in the Lancet was retracted. The Henry Ford study carefully warned about reading too much into the results they reported. There's was an observational study, not randomized. Here's a summary of the problems with the Henry Ford conclusions you might find interesting reading:
                  "Does hydroxychloroquine cut COVID-19 mortality? Expert urges caution" by Yella Hewings-Martin in Medical News Today July 10, 2020. She reported an interview with the director of Healthline Media, Dr. Hanh Le. Biggest concern is that more patients who did not receive drug treatment were in the elderly age group than those who did receive it. Might explain why more of them died. Oops.
                  Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-30-2020, 02:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    The president is pushing the coronavirus theories of a Houston doctor who also says sexual visitations by demons and alien DNA are at the root of Americans’ common health concerns.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella...cles_fancylink
                    Can't access that link without joining. Here's a better one with no strings attached via British Broadcasting Corporation website: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-53579773

That Dr. Immanuel is way, way beyond whacked out. The stuff about alien sperm contaminating medical vaccines is just the tip of her nutty iceberg. It is embarrassing that the President of the United States would be citing as a source someone who is quite literally a voodoo witch doctor. No wonder Facebook and Twitter pulled his message citing her video. Misinformation with a capital "M"! She is based in Houston and believe it or not has a valid license to practice in Texas. Also a pastor of the mystical religion she has created. Wow! Well, that tells me I ain't getting treated by any doctors in Texas! Unbelievable the Commander in Chief is so gullible. Really amazing. How do you find a way of blowing that off? Oh sure, Hillary Clinton may have been bad news, but do you really think she would ever do something this bizarrely stupid? Or the bleach injection thing? Or a hundred other screwy things Trump's said over the last four years? The man is mentally unfit to manage a free lunch.
                    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-29-2020, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• What Trump says, or your interpretation of what Trump says, bothers me less than what he does. Democrats are terrorizing normal Americans with their Green New Deal, Gun Confiscation, and BLM and white privilege idiocy. I'll take Trump over the corrupt Democrat Machine that misgoverns cities and corrupts our government agencies to the point of insurrection.

Comment

• Trump is desperate to announce a cure for COVID-19 as the key to his reelection.
                        That is the holy grail in this whole stinkin' business.
                        It doesn't have to work.

Comment

• sexual visitations by demons and alien DNA are at the root of Americans’ common health concerns
                          It's that demon semen, and it's all true.

Meanwhile, Texas is having a bit of a time. 12% positivity rate and deaths are still headed up. A thousand over the past week.

​​​​​​https://apps.texastribune.org/featur...rus-cases-map/

Comment

• Meanwhile, more than five times the number of New Yorkers have died as have Texans. Perhaps the people should demand the head of Andrew Coumo, the biggest killer of anyone associated with this epidemic?
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

• Dem Governors in NY, Pa, Nj, and Conn are responsible for five times the deaths that Texas and Florida are and the Republicans are the evil ones. Mofos can't even do the math. Of course math is white privilege, like grammar according to Rutgers University. The level of pathetic thinking by Democrats and media people is much lower than a snakes belly.

Comment

• Herman Cain just died of COVID-19 at age 74. He had attended Trump's Tulsa rally without wearing a mask, and was hospitalized two weeks later.

https://news.yahoo.com/herman-cain-d...143229190.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad