No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I personally believe that masks protect both parties to varying degrees.

Comment

• With the unexpected escalation of the COVID-19 cases worldwide, there has been a dearth in supply of masks, and consequently, the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, USA, has modified its guidelines on masks with the inclusion of homemade cloth or fabric masks to be worn in public areas. Use of masks can be 2-fold: control the penetration of droplets from an infectious person into the respiratory tract of a susceptible host, and control the droplets going out from an infected patient.

Comment

• A new study by scientists at the University of Nebraska boosts the hypothesis that normal speaking and breathing, not just coughing and sneezing, are responsible for spreading COVID-19 -- and that infectious doses of the virus can travel distances far greater than the six feet (two meters) urged by social distancing guidelines.

The potential for microdroplet transmission of the coronavirus was at one stage thought to be improbable by health authorities across the world.

Later, scientists began to change their mind and acknowledge it may be a possibility, which is the rationale for universal masking.
        Last edited by 99explorer; 07-22-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Daily deaths now exceeding a thousand for a few days. Infections seem to be leveling in many places though it's hard to tell. Lots of numbers come in by the end of the week and over the weekend though all counting is usually not reported until early in the week. I like the rolling weekly average, it smooths out the jumpiness of the numbers.

School re openings have become a thing.

Comment

• Bill Gates had this to say in a recent interview with CBS News:

"Serious mistakes were made, some of which were because we didn't understand the virus very well — the understanding about the importance of masks came later than we wish it had, and then the US had the lowest compliance with mask use of any country, didn't have the leadership message there," Gates said. "So yes, we have a lot of regrets, but we do have innovations in the pipeline that should reduce the death rate and eventually, by the end of next year, get us out of this terrible situation.

"Early on in the outbreak in the US, Gates had called for a more rigorous and longterm shutdown, saying that the US had already missed its chance to contain the virus by the end of March.

"Now, he told CBS, there are a lot of regrets about how the virus response was handled.

"Now that Trump is endorsing wearing a mask, he said, the US can "move forward" and try to get mask compliance levels closer to Europe's level and bring down transmission rates."

Last edited by 99explorer; 07-23-2020, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• https://www.foxnews.com/media/rand-p...covid-response

Incompetent Cuomo

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                Paul made the comments as several states across the country, including Florida and Texas, are experiencing a spike in coronavirus cases after the states reopened their economies. While some areas, including New York City, which stayed shut down for longer, are experiencing low numbers of new cases.

New York City recorded no coronavirus deaths on Monday in what would be the first day without deaths in the city since the pandemic began to devastate the city in March, the New York Post reported on Wednesday, citing state health data.

Comment

• Meanwhile, back in Texas, there is serious infighting among Republicans over Gov. Abbott's mask order.

https://news.yahoo.com/red-vs-red-te...190303014.html

Comment

• It looks like my latest plug for mask-wearing was the straw that broke the camel's back.
                    More to come.

Comment

• My last post (#414) was in response to PigHumper's post, which he has apparently deleted.

Comment

• The recent surge of COVID-19 cases far exceeds the increase in testing.

https://news.yahoo.com/rise-testing-...121309899.html

Comment

• https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ent-employees/

They are exempt because it's not about the virus. Fear and power and the sheep are complying.

Comment

• https://www.citizenfreepress.com/bre...-is-so-busted/

My governor went to Georgia and came back without being quarantined . The law is only for you commoners.

Comment

• Here is another way to claim an exemption.

https://news.yahoo.com/dont-comply-i...165928594.html

Comment

• Are masks required on nude beaches?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I like Pence, danbo. But Pence IS a career politician.
                                  Career (R) pols have a tendency to revert to "Mr. Nice Guy" when the (D)'s start...
                                  Today, 08:04 AM
                                • What's after Trump?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
                                  There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
                                  Yesterday, 01:46 PM
                                • Reply to The Spam here is insane...
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Ya spoke too soon franchi20!
                                  I had to add 3 to the list this morning! 😖...
                                  Today, 07:53 AM
                                • The Spam here is insane...
                                  by Ernie
                                  With no one here deleting the spammers, this forum has gone to the dogs/spammers.
                                  I enjoy the folks here, but with no one to reign in the spammers...
                                  10-16-2020, 12:51 PM
                                • Reply to Debate #2: new rules
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  The way I see it, it all depends on what/who you believe (?) as to who won/lost.

I choose to believe the video of Joe Biden bragging about...
                                  Today, 07:47 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X