Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I don't view it as my dog's job to get between me and a perceived threat.
    I view it as MY job to protect him.
    This story has been posted here before but I will repeat for clarification. At the time of the home invasion I was battling my way home through a blizzard after researching courthouse records in a town five hours from home. When I finally rounded the corner at 3:30 a.m. I saw the guy's vehicle backed into end of the driveway facing the street. When he saw my truck he shot across the street into a phone pole. He got out and staggered into his house. Guess he's okay. He and his wife (who had just left him) were trashy drunks into drugs and biker gangs. Pretty much harmless but we never had anything to do with them (obviously!). So I go crawl in bed and my wife says, "Why did you leave?" I didn't leave, I just got home. "But I heard the dog raise a fuss about twenty minutes ago." Uh oh. Sophie wouldn't raise a fuss if I came in the door. Like all dogs, she knows the sound of her owner's vehicle. Better go up and check to see if everything is still intact. Don't know how I missed it when I came in the door but there was blood all over the back porch stairway landing. Next day I paid the guy my first and to this day only visit. One of his biker bums had just brought him home from ER. "Oh, that's what happened." Yeah, and it better not happen again or the outcome might be worse. Cops were left out of it to avoid quarantine for my dog. Never had any more problems. Not a bad neighbour. Just a bit of a slob. He eventually dried up and held down a good job with security outfit (a miracle with his background!). Lost most of both legs in a bike accident two years ago but looks like he's back to work.
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-15-2020, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      It's not that we aren't aware of Trumps shortcomings, we just simply DO-NOT-CARE!
      He's finally giving Conservatives a voice and he isn't afraid to use it!

Honk replied:

You don't care. That really sums it up nicely. Democracy doesn't work if voters don't care when they go to the polls. And what kind of voice does Trump give conservatives? Constant trash talk. And everyone is a target. Four years of abusive pointless hip-shooting illiterate rants ... day after day. Making America a great embarrassment. That has become the new conservative identity. But you don't care.

Sometimes, Dr. Honk, you can be dumber than a bag of rocks! LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        From honk the whining phony- "You don't care. That really sums it up nicely. Democracy doesn't work if voters don't care when they go to the polls. And what kind of voice does Trump give conservatives? Constant trash talk. And everyone is a target. Four years of abusive pointless hip-shooting illiterate rants ... day after day. Making America a great embarrassment. That has become the new conservative identity. But you don't care."

... This country is a REPUBLIC, a representative republic, and President Trump is the man We the People have chosen to represent us.
        You are welcome for the civics lesson, phony PhD.
        The majority of Americans did not choose Trump, only the Electoral College chose him. Mathematically he does not speak for or represent the majority of Americans (which I can thankfully remind Canadians who marvel at how such a buffoon could ever become President of the United States). You're welcome for those civics and math lessons. As to the War of Northern Agression: The South seceded illegally. According to the Constitution, that was an act of treason. The North did not kick them out. Lincoln endeavoured to negotiate a solution right up to the moment when the Confederacy fired the first shots at Ft Sumpter. Therefore it was clearly the War of Southern Agression. I think calling it the Civil War is more than generous to the Confederacy. Perhaps more than it deserves? You're welcome for that lesson in real American history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

The majority of Americans did not choose Trump, only the Electoral College chose him. Mathematically he does not speak for or represent the majority of Americans (which I can thankfully remind Canadians who marvel at how such a buffoon could ever become President of the United States). You're welcome for those civics and math lessons. As to the War of Northern Agression: The South seceded illegally. According to the Constitution, that was an act of treason. The North did not kick them out. Lincoln endeavoured to negotiate a solution right up to the moment when the Confederacy fired the first shots at Ft Sumpter. Therefore it was clearly the War of Southern Agression. I think calling it the Civil War is more than generous to the Confederacy. Perhaps more than it deserves? You're welcome for that lesson in real American history.
          And we decide our presidential elections by electoral college not popular vote.
          Your welcome.

Comment

• And yet Trump is still saying he won the popular vote too. Just today he said the polls in 2016 were wrong in showing Hillary Clinton winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              And yet Trump is still saying he won the popular vote too. Just today he said the polls in 2016 were wrong in showing Hillary Clinton winning.
              They were wrong . Trump won

Comment

• That's what Trump said today, and then he immediately demoted his campaign manager for doing such a good job.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-shakes-...004925553.html

Comment

• Hope Alabama enjoys their trump virus while wearing masks.
                  ​​​​​​https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/gov-...atch-live.html

Comment

• No more dancing cheek to cheek on the dance floors of Alabama bars.

Comment

• From honk the phony-"The majority of Americans did not choose Trump, only the Electoral College chose him."

Unbelievable that the phony and the whiny nine keep trotting out that pure bullsquat about President Trump losing the popular vote. For the 99th time, idjits, the electoral college decides the presidency. Even your girl hitlery winning the popular vote has had serious challenges, due to the amount of fraudulent votes uncovered post election.
                      And I doubt seriously I need any "real" lessons in American history from a phony PhD who does not even know that the country is a Republic, and that the States of the Southern Confederacy had more legal right to succession than the original 13 colonies had to rebel against England. Lincoln sent troops south, Davis did not send troops north, honk the phony.

Comment

• Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                        From honk the phony-"The majority of Americans did not choose Trump, only the Electoral College chose him."

Unbelievable that the phony and the whiny nine keep trotting out that pure bullsquat about President Trump losing the popular vote. For the 99th time, idjits, the electoral college decides the presidency. Even your girl hitlery winning the popular vote has had serious challenges, due to the amount of fraudulent votes uncovered post election.
                        And I doubt seriously I need any "real" lessons in American history from a phony PhD who does not even know that the country is a Republic, and that the States of the Southern Confederacy had more legal right to succession than the original 13 colonies had to rebel against England. Lincoln sent troops south, Davis did not send troops north, honk the phony.
                        Hah, hah, hah! I guess the Union troops at Gettysburg, Pennsylvania were just shooting at each other? Or maybe you think Pennsylvania was a Southern State? Makes about as much geographical sense as your assertion that elk roam the tundra. Ft Sumpter was the property of US govt. Davis ordered his troops to shell it and the Civil War started. That doesn't constitute agression? Davis and the Southern warhawks were afraid Lincoln might succeed in resolving the crisis and drawing the border states back into the Union fold. They were were in a hurry for war ... and got exactly what they wanted when Sumpter was shelled.

What is "bullsquat" about Tump losing the popular vote? He came up more than two million votes short. Everyone knows it. The votes were counted. Those are the numbers. It is what it is.
                        Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 07-16-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

• Popular vote does not matter for president read the Constitution.

Comment

• https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twel...s_Constitution

If you don't like the way we vote you could always try and change the system by pushing locally to get an amendment to the constitution going or possibly run for office.

However you got to be some what tolerable to voters and some people are just not that likable .

Comment

• due to the amount of fraudulent votes uncovered post election.
                              I never heard of any, got a link? Wiki or anything?

Comment

• OHH says, “It is what it is !”

That just goes to prove that we were looked upon by a higher power to save America from miss piggy !! Sometimes intervention has it’s reasons, and this was one of them !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Mike Lyndell's new site
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  You should watch his video - very well researched.

The original has been removed. Here is another that has some of the same content....
                                  Today, 11:37 AM
                                • Mike Lyndell's new site
                                  by franchi20
                                  Mike Lyndell will make a formal announcement from the Corn Palace, 6:00CDT, launching FrankSpeech.com. Check dakotanewsnow.com/news/.
                                  Yesterday, 01:50 PM
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  If fraud is found in several States and confirmed by the Court system all the way to the Supreme Court they will have to reverse the Election results...
                                  Today, 11:26 AM
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  It is a certainty crm that nothing will be done, no matter the depth of fraud in the findings ! This will all be swept under the rug along with the hunter...
                                  Today, 10:39 AM
                                  by labrador12
                                  06 you are mistaken. The Democrats will apologize profusely, and claim the media told them they'd won. The media will apologize profusely also. Ashli...
                                  Today, 10:35 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X