Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    The experiment in human sacrifice continues, with no end in sight.

    https://news.yahoo.com/coronavirus-u...110959705.html
    Sounds like I will be eating my Montana tags this year. We are making excellent virus prevention progress here. But looking at the grim news coming out of US I do not anticipate Canada will be opening the border to American visitors any time soon. I may be able to wrangle my way across the border because I'm a US citizen, still own a home in Montana, and need to see veteran's hospital in Helena. But at this point I just have to question whether I really want to go back. Certainly feel it is important to cast my vote this fall. Must contact the county to change to mail in ballot ... if they even have it available.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

      Sounds like I will be eating my Montana tags this year. We are making excellent virus prevention progress here. But looking at the grim news coming out of US I do not anticipate Canada will be opening the border to American visitors any time soon. I may be able to wrangle my way across the border because I'm a US citizen, still own a home in Montana, and need to see veteran's hospital in Helena. But at this point I just have to question whether I really want to go back. Certainly feel it is important to cast my vote this fall. Must contact the county to change to mail in ballot ... if they even have it available.
      We seem to have the same concerns and dark thoughts OHH ! I want badly to get back home, but the thought of doing so is filled with much apprehension ! Our numbers here in Germany are running about 400 new infections a day, and that has gone up slightly since the reopening of businesses and such. My mail in ballot is laying on the table at home and may go unused this year. My property taxes are due in Sept., and it now looks like they will not be paid on time either ! But I am sure my problems are very minor compared to many other folks ! By the way, I really like your flushing ringneck piece, very nice !

      Comment




      • Does anyone really think the U.S. will be able to muddle through by telling Americans to wear masks and hoping they’ll listen? We’ve been doing that for weeks, yet our accelerating outbreak shows no sign of slowing down. So far this month, 14 states have recorded new single-day highs.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

          We seem to have the same concerns and dark thoughts OHH ! I want badly to get back home, but the thought of doing so is filled with much apprehension ! Our numbers here in Germany are running about 400 new infections a day, and that has gone up slightly since the reopening of businesses and such. My mail in ballot is laying on the table at home and may go unused this year. My property taxes are due in Sept., and it now looks like they will not be paid on time either ! But I am sure my problems are very minor compared to many other folks ! By the way, I really like your flushing ringneck piece, very nice !
          Bhr,
          yes, increased testing is showing more and more "cases"!
          A positive test is NOT a death sentence.
          The "death rate" is falling! The most affected group (per the CDC) is those about age 21. They are mostly asymptomatic!

          Houston was crying their ICU's are running 90% to 95% capacity!
          WTH? That's SOP for hospitals!
          Empty beds "don't make money"!
          Hospitals get Gov't incentives for writing "COVID-19" on a patients chart!
          If a hospital puts a COVID-19 patient on a ventilator, the Gov't pays the hospital $35,000!
          Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-08-2020, 05:47 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

            Does anyone really think the U.S. will be able to muddle through by telling Americans to wear masks and hoping they’ll listen? We’ve been doing that for weeks, yet our accelerating outbreak shows no sign of slowing down. So far this month, 14 states have recorded new single-day highs.
            Hey chicken little how many are sick?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

              Bhr,
              yes, increased testing is showing more and more "cases"!
              A positive test is NOT a death sentence.
              The "death rate" is falling! The most affected group (per the CDC) is those about age 21. They are mostly asymptomatic!

              Houston was crying their ICU's are running 90% to 95% capacity!
              WTH? That's SOP for hospitals!
              Empty beds "don't make money"!
              Hospitals get Gov't incentives for writing "COVID-19" on a patients chart!
              If a hospital puts a COVID-19 patient on a ventilator, the Gov't pays the hospital $35,000!
              https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kho...f-87f9c7956680

              If you read article it will tell you that icu is 97% full .

              27 % are China Virus.

              I fear liberalism (communism) more than the Kung flu.


              Comment


              • Here is a quotation that sums up this country's problem in coping with the virus.

                Death may be the only motivating factor capable of changing U.S. hygiene habits and reopening plans, says Carolyn Marvin, Frances Yates emeritus professor of communication at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia.

                "If people are truly inoculated to the notion that this virus is dangerous, it will take dead people in their own personal experience to change their minds," Marvin says.

                There are various examples of just such conversions: A Florida ride-share driver said he thought the virus was a distraction created by the government, until he contracted it.

                Marvin says such isolated revelations won't pierce the "echo chamber that is conservative radio and TV, which, if you listen to it often as I do, argues that no one is sick, the numbers are made up and the testing is corrupt."

                Trump supporter Rush Limbaugh said on his radio talk show last month that "you can't believe the virus numbers" and that they are being trumpeted only to harm the president's chances for reelection in November.

                https://news.yahoo.com/us-hits-3m-co...155353963.html

                Comment


                • Sorry but Sweden did not have Runaway Infection. That's not what they experienced and most Nordic countries have a high value on personal responsibility. The NYTimes and others are posting pure BS that is intellectually dishonest.

                  I'll be happy to answer questions about U-Va's study, but I feel like what is being found and reported is pretty strongly different than what is being reported by the science



                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by buckshott00 View Post
                    sorry but sweden did not have runaway infection. That's not what they experienced and most nordic countries have a high value on personal responsibility. The nytimes and others are posting pure bs that is intellectually dishonest.

                    I'll be happy to answer questions about u-va's study, but i feel like what is being found and reported is pretty strongly different than what is being reported by the science


                    ha ha ha ha ha ha 😂🤣😜🤪 ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • I don't think many countries are lining up to try the Swedish model. 99 is right in that deaths per million they are higher than the US which is pretty bad.

                      I'm waiting to see what happens with this latest surge. Most aren't calling it a spike as our numbers never really went down, they simply as a nation, plateaued. Wish we could close the borders state by state. I don't read magazine articles, I simply look at the stats from John Hopkins and I don't think anyone is saying they are making things up.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by pighunter
                        you guys keep repeating yourselves so i will too. Back in april i said shutdowns and trying to force mask compliance was unsustainable. Eventually everyone will get exposed. Some will die. End of story.
                        🤚High Five!

                        ....but that doesn't spread panic, fear and a reason to attack and discredit Trump!
                        Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-09-2020, 12:01 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Not going to post links, no one opens them up anyway, and some are just news reports. However, I have heard of no less than six instances where individuals or couples went to get tested for the chicom virus, and for various reasons were not tested, but received positive results by mail. There is some fraud going on somewhere, so you decide on which side the fraud is, and whom you want to believe. Like one local news commentator said, if this can be proved to have happened, it needs to be thoroughly investigated, and somebody needs to go to jail.

                          Comment


                          • CRM thanks for sparing us the links, you're right, I don't click on them, especially from disreputable sources, I'm as informed simply consulting with my dining room table.

                            Pig they have covid parties in your state, no one is holding you back, heck at this rate we'll have herd immunity in 15 years, best ramp up the infection rate dramatically, or maybe for get about using math.


                            Myself, I'll put up with the tiny inconvenience of not visiting people in enclosed spaces, staying out of businesses or wearing a mask when I must go inside, and waiting for the vaccine, which might well be soon.

                            58,000 new cases a day here in the USA due to the Trump virus. Vietnam has had zero community spread in 3 months. Not one untraceable case. Not one case that they didn't know who infected them. 58,000 new cases, each and every day.

                            Two weeks ago we had 25,000 new cases a day. Might be fake news or some kind of huge conspiracy but it seems to me like things are getting worse, like twice as bad in 2 weeks kind of worse.

                            Like Honk said, all you have to do is listen to what Trump has to say every day, heck I read his tweets, unfiltered direct communication, bat shite crazy, and there are over 130,000 dead Americans.
                            Last edited by rock rat; 07-09-2020, 10:01 AM.

                            Comment


                            • "... I'm as informed simply consulting with my dining room table. ..."

                              ...and it shows!!! 😎

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                                "... I'm as informed simply consulting with my dining room table. ..."

                                ...and it shows!!! 😎
                                I know long sentences are a tough one for you Blubber, but if you read the entire sentence it compares the table to following links, like those nutty one's you post. Red State, Town Hall, and Deliverance Red Neck I Am.

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X