Bad news on the COVID-19 front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news on the COVID-19 front

New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are near overwhelmed. And there were those thousands at Tulsa last week arseholes to elbows at Trump's rally, most of them like him without masks. The anxiety starts now as those Cheeto worshippers have returned to their home states carrying the Okie bug. If Trump had a conscience he wouldn't be sleeping well tonight. If this blows up - and I can't see how it won't - his campaign is finished. But of course he can't understand that. Blame it on too much testing. Maybe for his next rally he should give out free bleach injections at the door?
    Last edited by Ontario Honker Hunter; 06-24-2020, 08:14 PM.

Not surprising you didn't mention your leftist brethren rioting in the streets! But why let a double standard get in the way

Comment

Blame it on the Chinese Communist Party.
      Blame it on anyone but Trump.

When people get angry at the devastation this pandemic is causing, Trump wants them to think of China instead of him.
      Last edited by 99explorer; 06-24-2020, 09:08 PM.

Comment

People only take it seriously when it hits home in a big way. Even part way through the NYC thing people were still acting irresponsibly because unless you lived on the street the hospital was on, or knew someone, it could well have been on the other side of the world.

What strikes me is how little we know, and how in some circumstances there is very little viral spread. In my state cases are on a sustained reduction, yet we are what I'd call fairly lackadaisical about separation, masks, etc. Why haven't we seen a huge jump from all the protests? Why do cases sneak up in Florida and Texas and places. They've been increasing for anyone to see but is my state that much better? They seem to be in that exponential growth thing were numbers run wild.

Thailand had the first case outside China. Chinese are the number one tourist to Thailand. Direct flights out of Wuhan. 58 deaths, 3K cases, none detected for 28 days. 10% of GDP is tourism, they closed the country to tourism or any travel. They also have an extensive network of neighborhood clinics associated with the government and experience at contact tracing. Masks were required by law, they paid a universal income supplement monthly. Thailand! I'd think if anyone could ignore the thing until too late it would be Thailand. Coups every month Thailand.

Comment

Two for one link

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/oregon...-white-people/

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

What strikes me is how little we know
            I'm taking that as an apology.

Comment

Some say the spike in cases is a good thing as it gets us closer to herd immunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post
                Not surprising you didn't mention your leftist brethren rioting in the streets! But why let a double standard get in the way
                Yes, that might explain some of it. But I don't recall those states were hit bad with rioting. We'll see how the worst hit cities fare in the coming days. I think the rioters were mostly locals whereas one would expect many at the Tulsa Trump rally would have travelled distances to be there. And will be carrying the bug back home with them. Thankfully it was a crappy turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Some say the spike in cases is a good thing as it gets us closer to herd immunity.
                  Let me know how good a thing it is when YOU are the one sucking on a ventilator.

Comment

"Hospitals in Houston are near overwhelmed."
                    honk the phony, that is a blatant lie. Four hospitals in Houston have asked that patients be taken elsewhere, not only due to the influx of chinese communist virus cases, but due also to the backlog of elective surgeries, and other routine medical procedures. Four hospitals, honk the phony. Do you realize that there are probably more hospitals in Houston, Texas, than there are in any two or three provinces in Canaja? Go pedal you alarmist and untrue bullsquat somewhere else!

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

Yes, that might explain some of it. But I don't recall those states were hit bad with rioting. We'll see how the worst hit cities fare in the coming days. I think the rioters were mostly locals whereas one would expect many at the Tulsa Trump rally would have travelled distances to be there. And will be carrying the bug back home with them. Thankfully it was a crappy turnout.
                      Not true ! But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
                      Riots were everywhere look at the state of Washington for example. Just more of your anti Trump nonsense.

Comment

"... In my state cases are on a sustained reduction, yet we are what I'd call fairly lackadaisical about separation, masks, etc. Why haven't we seen a huge jump from all the protests? Why do cases sneak up in Florida and Texas and places. They've been increasing for anyone to see but is my state that much better? They seem to be in that exponential growth thing were numbers run wild. ..."

Nothing like answering your own question. LOL! It's called "herd immunity" dip wad!

The Texas "bumps" are in big metro areas. Sadly, Texas metro areas are (D) hell holes, Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Corpus Christi that practiced the mask/social distancing BS.

Comment

To those commenting on herd immunity, my state has seen increasingly smaller positive rates despite vastly increased testing. I hope we close our airports to states with high and increasing case rates. You all can test out that herd immunity thing, and we'll wait for the vaccine. We have had a governor who constantly asks people to wear masks, and many do. Bars are still closed. Restaurants are mostly outside due to warm weather and inside is for expendable people.

Texas, California, Alabama, heck Las Vegas is making people wear masks to gamble. Anyone posting here live in those ultra high infection states?
                          Last edited by rock rat; 06-25-2020, 08:46 AM. Reason: Edited to add California where there are plenty of self entitled people too, you know the kind of folks that say "I aint doin nothin to help stop this thing"".

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Not true ! But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
                            Riots were everywhere look at the state of Washington for example. Just more of your anti Trump nonsense.
                            There is a difference between riots and demonstrations. But don't let the English language get in the way of a good story. My cable TV up here has two channels from Seattle ... no three counting PBS (formerly Buffalo, NY channels). I saw a lot of people demonstrating (and mostly keeping their distance) but I don't recall any looting or burning. I seem to recall the chief of police is a black woman. May be wrong on that. Washington was not one of the COVID-19 spike states.

Comment

Trump is wondering what the 19 in COVID-19 is.

https://news.yahoo.com/watch-trump-a...233625822.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad