Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Message to All from Lt. CMDR Jocko Willink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jocko_Willink

This guy is absolutely awesome. This isn't the first time I've listened to him.

Comment

Yeah Bubba, Jocko's sense of stoicism and realism and a voice for calm and critical thinking tempered with empathy is highly needed right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
        Yeah Bubba, Jocko's sense of stoicism and realism and a voice for calm and critical thinking tempered with empathy is highly needed right now.
        Well, bucky, I do have some reservations about some of his thoughts, but, then I also have some reservations about Trump too! LOL!

There are times when trying to have a sane conversation just "ain't" gonna work. It's those instances where force becomes necessary to defend oneself.

Wasn't that Reagan that said, "Peace through power!"?
        Basically, until the bad guys FINALLY understand that you WILL NOT tolerate their bad behavior, will they ever acquiesce.
        Even at that point, they WILL continue behind the scenes.

Comment

I agree Bubba, and I don't agree with Jocko on everything. I mean I think a couple of weeks earlier before all this he was talking about giving LEO's back the right to use Choke holds, and to me, that makes me believe that he thinks the capabilities of the avg. LEO are greater than what they are.

Given what he's said and agreeing with Jordan Peterson, I think he agrees with the statement that you have to have the ability to control a situation and that includes thru force. I don't have a problem with using force on actual rioters. I have a problem with force and especially excessive force being used on protesters and demonstrators.

Comment

I think LEO's SHOULD be taught to use a choke hold.
            Problem is, you've got to get a liberal town council to understand "s#¡t happens"!
            Some cop shootings don't end with a fatality! S#¡t happens!

Comment

How about dye bags that would open when removed from the store ? Or when glass is broken and motion detectors sense people going in and out of window sprinklers go off with colored water ? Identify the looters and round them up after.

Comment

Not sure I have enough forgiveness in me to recognize a looter or rioter intent on stealing, burning or destructing my city, residence or any loved one, or even myself, with very much compassion. I am afraid a lifetime of training, skills, attitude, and mental conditioning would direct my trigger finger to do what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
                  Not sure I have enough forgiveness in me to recognize a looter or rioter intent on stealing, burning or destructing my city, residence or any loved one, or even myself, with very much compassion. I am afraid a lifetime of training, skills, attitude, and mental conditioning would direct my trigger finger to do what it does.
                  Yeah, I kinda feel that way too, '06!

Comment

Comment

Not itchy, whiny 9, just situationaly aware and ready to take action if need arises.
                      Are you going by whiny 9 or karen today?

Comment

I don't think 99 is who he purports to be, I think he/she is a troll. Tell him and bubba to stay off my posts. They hijack and divert a post. They can go and make their own posts.

Comment

Crapper 3006-

That kind of mindset is what is going to get ex-officer Chauvin (the kneeling cop) an introduction to the joy of bustin' rocks.
                          You remind me of a quotation from a great article on training for concealed carry licenses.

"At class, it was hard to discern the line between preparing for something awful to happen and praying for something awful to happen. A desire to carry a gun seemed to precede the fear of crime, the fear serving to justify the carrying."

https://harpers.org/archive/2010/08/...is-a-worn-gun/
                          Last edited by 99explorer; 06-07-2020, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                            I don't think 99 is who he purports to be, I think he/she is a troll. Tell him and bubba to stay off my posts. They hijack and divert a post. They can go and make their own posts.
                            Oh boo-hoo you big baby!
                            You sound like a second grader.
                            BOO-HOO! You hurt my feelers! I'm gonna tattle!

...and THEN!... You have the gall to post on MY thread! What a hypocrite!

Comment

How refreshing to see someone else being trashed on this forum besides myself.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                by rock rat
                                OK Angus, you got me there. No argument about the schools.

"​​​​​​government run daycare that teaches kids what to think...
                                Today, 09:35 PM
                              • Medicaid Comes to Oklahoma
                                by rock rat
                                A little mentioned ballot measure passed in Oklahoma. Medicaid Expansion as it's called.

I've forgotten the details, and apologies if I...
                                07-01-2020, 11:02 PM
                              • Reply to Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by rock rat
                                CRM what you say makes a lot of sense, and the number of tests has doubled in 21 days as have the number of people testing positive. There's one more...
                                Today, 09:26 PM
                              • Bad news on the COVID-19 front
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                New cases and hospitalizations ballooned this week in several states including Texas, Oklahoma, California, and Mississippi. Hospitals in Houston are...
                                06-24-2020, 08:09 PM
                              • Reply to Either Way...
                                by fitch270
                                We've been keeping a better inventory on things and have whittled down on "old stock" that's been sitting on the pantry shelves and in the freezer....
                                Today, 09:17 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X